The Student Room Group

why do third wave feminists look down on women who aren't

Scroll to see replies

Original post by upperechelon
first wave feminism got women the vote
second wave feminism got women the vast majority of legal rights such as marital rights etc
the difference between these and third wave feminism is that first and 2nd had clear cut, real goals. third wave feminism is just a mesh of coagulated man hatred

I think you're generalising a group of different individuals based on a minority of them. I don't hate men, I want them to be free from sexism as well. You may well disagree with feminism but it's pretty hypocritical to complain that feminists are aggressive and mean to you only to make some pretty mean posts about them on your thread. Doesn't really help your cause.
no it triggered me too much

Oh, it did, ok. :wink:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Oh, it did, ok. :wink:

aren't you feminists an advocate of no meaning no

we got a half baked one here folks

Lol. :biggrin:

Generally I think it's people who don't like rape who advocate no meaning no.
Original post by PandaCalavera
Generally I think it's people who don't like rape who advocate no meaning no.

omfg just don't lol
Lol. :biggrin:

u feminists
every ****ing girl should be a feminist lol
First and second wave feminism were....."respectable"?
Why do I feel like whoever said that was white? You do realise the early feminists routinely put down the rights of non-whites to get their own? Heck Native American women along with women of other races were allowed to vote in some states until 1957 (don't know about the UK tho).

Feminism was always kinda problematic. Third wave feminism is mostly white girls whinging about how hard their life.

Intersectional feminism is the **** though, the only strand of feminism worth checking out.

my favorite eyeshadow color from ud
third wave feminism is often preached by white woman and it implicitly preaches white supremacy.

Intersectional feminism is what "woke" people follow and is more in touch with reality.
Original post by Rhaenys10
u feminists
every ****ing girl should be a feminist lol

Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 21.06.32.png
Give me strength. Another 'cool' girl.

Pretty much what I thought when I finished reading the op. :rofl:

ayyy, the naked palette
Original post by drowzee
Pretty much what I thought when I finished reading the op. :rofl:

I was like "Ffs, not another one..." :tongue:
Reply 54

omg me too, that is my ****
Reply 55
like ok, I don't feel the need to be unnecessarily angry about imaginary prejudices, it doesn't mean you can be so condescending and aggressive towards me. i am constantly harassed about this apparent 'wage gap' and 'rape culture' that plagues me. I know for a fact that the wage gap is due to many reasons aside from 'sexism', and I for one believe, at least in the West, that 'rape culture', which would insinuate rape is celebrated, does not exist to the point where it could be deemed a culture

Because women who don't identify as third-wave feminists, or feminists at all, tend to have succeeded in all the ways the third-wave lot allege is impossible. Margaret Thatcher and Theresa May being great examples.
Original post by Goaded
omg me too, that is my ****

goldmine from vice xx may be the only thing that tops it
Well this followed an entirely predictable trajectory. It's good to see we at least havent progressed either way since I joined.
Wanting gender equality makes you as much of a feminist as being religious makes you a christian. Egalitarianism all the way.
Reply 59

goldmine from vice xx may be the only thing that tops it

:eek: how have i only just seen this beautiful baby

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending