The Student Room Group

For the highly confident people of tsr, tell us your ways!

I would say im confident sometimes but wanna reach really high confidence and assuredness where nothing bothers me because im so certain of who I am

P.s. How long did it take you to become so confident and did you fake it till you made it or..?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

When youre in public, do you look straight ahead with good posture?
Fake it till you make it just becomes a habit. When in a social situation I'll still be petrified but I can pretend- accepting that I'll never be comfy outside my home is something I've accepted and that helped too
Original post by Secretnerd123
I would say im confident sometimes but wanna reach really high confidence and assuredness where nothing bothers me because im so certain of who I am

P.s. How long did it take you to become so confident and did you fake it till you made it or..?

Fake it til you make it..

Srs, you have no idea how many time I've been physically scared for my life of approaching random people either at my old sales job or on an open day, or in a club, or just in general. Yes, you'll be anxious/nervous/have butterflies everyone does because we're human, but, you have to push those to the side and BELIEVE that you are confident - then you just do it and realise it's not as bad.

Honestly, I'd say 99.99% of people who are too shy to walk to people are just over thinking and letting their brains override everything.

Idk, I worked in phone store sales part time for 2.5 years and that helped A LOT. Because every single day I had to talk to and convince 20+ people to buy stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ive always been confident lol

Spoiler

Original post by Princepieman
Fake it til you make it..

Srs, you have no idea how many time I've been physically scared for my life of approaching random people either at my old sales job or on an open day, or in a club, or just in general. Yes, you'll be anxious/nervous/have butterflies everyone does because we're human, but, you have to push those to the side and BELIEVE that you are confident - then you just do it and realise it's not as bad.

Honestly, I'd say 99.99% of people who are too shy to walk to people are just over thinking and letting their brains override everything.

Idk, I worked in phone store sales part time for 2.5 years and that helped A LOT. Because every single day I had to talk to and convince 20+ people to buy stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So how long would it take to become confident if i do things that make me really nervous everytime i go out? Or just practice being a confident person in general daily?
Reply 6
Dutch courage or benzoes work wonders on it. Just look at America :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Stop giving a **** lol
that's basically what confidence is, not caring about what other people think (that doesn't mean be obnoxious and annoying but ofc u can do that as well) and when you truly believe that then heyyyyyyyy
Original post by Secretnerd123
So how long would it take to become confident if i do things that make me really nervous everytime i go out? Or just practice being a confident person in general daily?

No idea how long, but if you push yourself out of your comfort zone enough and fake the confidence enough times, you'll start to feel like you aren't faking it anymore. That's what happened to me anyway, now everyone's convinced I'm this uber outgoing person (when deep down, I know 60% of it was me just faking it loool) who knows all these people.*
Original post by Princepieman
No idea how long, but if you push yourself out of your comfort zone enough and fake the confidence enough times, you'll start to feel like you aren't faking it anymore. That's what happened to me anyway, now everyone's convinced I'm this uber outgoing person (when deep down, I know 60% of it was me just faking it loool) who knows all these people.*

Nice!
idk just accept that 90% of what you do doesn't matter anyway. 90% of the people you'll talk to are of minimal concern and 90% of the mistakes you make will go unnoticed. Just go with it and stop caring about the little things you do. Confidence comes from 1% being good and 99% thinking you're good.

Spoiler

I wish I had Conor McGregor-tier confidence.
Bump
I am a confident person

The thing is to realise people are just people, even your hot crush

they have insecurities, self doubts and problems too

realise you're all in the same boat and say' what the hell' and just do stuff for the hell of it
Im so confident that it has a reverse effect on me.
hah
Reply 15
The key is to hate everything to the point of not caring anymore

Good luck
Just don't worry about other people's opinions, simple. Think about how silly it is to worry about what other people are thinking...

now sometimes people are OVER confident, like being 20 stone and wearing purple vest top and leopard print leggings..:ahhhhh:
Original post by Zuki
The key is to hate everything to the point of not caring anymore

Good luck

I was gonna say this.
Original post by 0to100
Just don't worry about other people's opinions, simple. Think about how silly it is to worry about what other people are thinking...

now sometimes people are OVER confident, like being 20 stone and wearing purple vest top and leopard print leggings..:ahhhhh:

Don't talk about stones like that, they're beautiful.

See?
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Don't talk about stones like that, they're beautiful.

See?

:noway:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending