25 places!? How many applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1482
1026 for 2016, which is terrifying.
Original post by GavinJR
1026 for 2016, which is terrifying.

How many got invited to interview?
Reply 1484
I couldn't find that from their website I'm afraid, but let me know if anyone does. 😀
But I thought they only shortlist from UKCAT, do so many people fall short???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh. They shortlist people from ukcat and then they cut more students after interviews. So only 25 actually get a place
Original post by Peace4life
Yh. They shortlist people from ukcat and then they cut more students after interviews. So only 25 actually get a place

cite sources
Original post by NHSFan
If English and Maths have only been studied as far as GCSE they have to be at least A grade. Sorry to hear that you are unable to apply to Birmingham.
Good luck with your application. :smile:

Thanks for posting that at least now I won't completely waste an application. Good luck to you too!
can anyone direct me to the Lucy cavendish thread about grads Medicine, i couldn't find it?

Thanks in advance *
Original post by Ama2007
can anyone direct me to the Lucy cavendish thread about grads Medicine, i couldn't find it?

Thanks in advance *

Here you go:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2878031
Guys can I ask on the ucas page where it has 'Degree', I haven't received a degree yet so would I put pending. And additionally for the module section, should I only list modules which actually count towards the degree, correct?
I must be missing something because I'm my education tab on UCAS, no universities are showing up in the search box for college/centres. I tried obvious ones like University of Manchester but got nothing.

Do universities have to be entered manually, and without centre numbers? Centre numbers are college things and aren't used at uni. UCAS is ****.

Edit: I've now just entered it manually as a degree but it just doesn't seem correct that UCAS wouldn't have any universities saved on their system in the drop down list. It's also asking for the 'awarding organisation' of the degree, but who is that for bachelors? I did biomedical science, so the IBMS? It only provides space for 5-6 characters so it's clearly looking for something like AQA or Edexcel like in college.... Annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Themightylaa
Edit: I've now just entered it manually as a degree but it just doesn't seem correct that UCAS wouldn't have any universities saved on their system in the drop down list. It's also asking for the 'awarding organisation' of the degree, but who is that for bachelors? I did biomedical science, so the IBMS? It only provides space for 5-6 characters so it's clearly looking for something like AQA or Edexcel like in college.... Annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I searched for this too because the awarding organisation is your university, but ofc this isn't going to fit in that space. Other people have said they just put an abbreviation, and UCAS has said this is fine apparently. So like for me I have University of Glasgow as GLA. Looks daft but I'm sure it'll be fine.
Original post by sophmlg
I searched for this too because the awarding organisation is your university, but ofc this isn't going to fit in that space. Other people have said they just put an abbreviation, and UCAS has said this is fine apparently. So like for me I have University of Glasgow as GLA. Looks daft but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Yeah I just did the same thing and put an abbreviation, I doubt it matters. I imagine the main thing is that my choices can see that I have a degree, a 1st class and it's been awarded.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How detailed does the UCAS reference have to be?

I'm writing up an email to the volunteering manager to ask if she'd be willing to write the reference and I'm mentioning that I can meet with her this week to go over the reference if it would help. I'm pretty nervous right now since if she declines, I don't know very many people I can trust to complete it by the deadline.

I'm going to send my personal statement to her too if it'll help.

I just don't know if she knows or remembers enough about me to write one.
Would a med chem degree be considered enough by Oxbridge to make up for old A-levels (above 7 years old?)
Original post by Themightylaa
I must be missing something because I'm my education tab on UCAS, no universities are showing up in the search box for college/centres. I tried obvious ones like University of Manchester but got nothing.

Do universities have to be entered manually, and without centre numbers? Centre numbers are college things and aren't used at uni. UCAS is ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Weirdly, I did my degrees at Manchester, and put the University of Manchester, Language centre as nothing else would come up! Bit confusing.There was no other option.. I guess UCAS isn't really designed for graduates but they should still have every Uni on there!
I think I'm going to just update it manually like you said.
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
How detailed does the UCAS reference have to be?

I'm writing up an email to the volunteering manager to ask if she'd be willing to write the reference and I'm mentioning that I can meet with her this week to go over the reference if it would help. I'm pretty nervous right now since if she declines, I don't know very many people I can trust to complete it by the deadline.

I'm going to send my personal statement to her too if it'll help.

I just don't know if she knows or remembers enough about me to write one.

I think they have to know you quite well - it's going to be a reference on your character and academic abilities. I would really try and get an academic reference, maybe ring your tutor if they're not replying to email? Giving references is pretty standard stuff for university tutors.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending