The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
First day at uni tomorrow.
I mean I've done it all before but Jesus Christ I'm bricking it...

I definitely haven't missed getting up at 6am.

Tf you getting up at 6am for?
Original post by swirly
Don't be so nervous man! I'm sure you'll be fine. Masters students should be more mature and friendly, so just smile and introduce yourself like any normal person would 'Hi I'm Luke, I make 38k pa'

Swirly pls, I make £0 pa :frown:

Probably the worst part about my entire degree is the fact I have only one lecture on Tuesdays...at 9am :colonhash:
Original post by Louis.
We all know who the first is.

I actually don't tbf. Anyone care to explain?
Original post by The Wavefunction
Tf you getting up at 6am for?

Get up at 6am - need to shower, dress and have breakfast but I like to take my time so takes about an hour.
Leave at 7am - It's an 90 minute total commute to the campus so I'd get there at 8:30am (with no delays), but I barely know where I'm going so I want to be in the area with plenty of time to spare in the first few weeks.

Nothing worse than being late tbh.
Reply 9044
Anyone else on Amazon Prime?

6 months free then half price. Decent.
Original post by Lúcio
Get up at 6am - need to shower, dress and have breakfast but I like to take my time so takes about an hour.
Leave at 7am - It's an 90 minute total commute to the campus so I'd get there at 8:30am (with no delays), but I barely know where I'm going so I want to be in the area with plenty of time to spare in the first few weeks.

Nothing worse than being late tbh.

Fair enough. I'm about the same in terms of getting ready. How come you're commuting?
Original post by The Wavefunction
Fair enough. I'm about the same in terms of getting ready. How come you're commuting?

I need to make sure I have proper breakfast because there are few things worse than having your stomach rumbling during a lecture 😂

Basically, if I lived in Leeds this year I'd have no money left once I graduate. However if I live at home an extra year I'll have a solid amount of money in the bank after I graduate, meaning there's less pressure if I don't get a grad job immediately.

It's annoying but it's not like I'm an undergraduate who'll be out every night.
Reply 9047
Lol'd.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/TheWallOfComedy/videos/978363715603437/[/video]
Reply 9048
IMG_0913.PNG

"Choosed"

**** sakes
Original post by Rk2k14
It was more shots at his displeasure of people using notes/cash.

It's not displeasure I genuinely don't know what you need cash for nowadays
Original post by sa-1
IMG_0913.PNG

"choosed"

**** sakes

omg this actually works :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
omg this actually works :smile:

But nobody likes you though... :colonhash:
Original post by The.Joker
But nobody likes you though... :colonhash:

:frown:

Inb4 11 reps
Original post by sr90
It's not displeasure I genuinely don't know what you need cash for nowadays

Go splash it on a hostess or something
Original post by sr90
Who carries cash in 2016? Can't remember the last time I had any need to use actual notes/coins.

Do you even chicken/kebab shops bro?
Original post by samir12
Do you even chicken/kebab shops bro?

I've done my fair share 😂 but I can't think of any here that don't accept card payment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
I've done my fair share 😂 but I can't think of any here that don't accept card payment

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lot of them in East London don't accept card payments, can't speak for the other ends.
First day went surprisingly well - met several solid people on my course which is nice.

Quite surprised with myself; I wasn't scared or nervous making friends with strangers, I just sat down at a table with people and forced myself in to their lives 😂

Kinda feel sorry for them tbh...
Scenes when they've already made a Whatsapp group called 39kpaButNoHoes and are roasting him right now

Latest