The Student Room Group

Emailing University Admissions

Since I've missed the grade boundaries for my course, I was wondering if it would be best to email some of the universities admissions officers that I've been looking at before making my five choices on my UCAS application for 2017 to see where I stand and if I would still be considered at all? And how should I word the email without it sounding like a sob story :s-smilie:?
I know Universities use a different minimum criteria during clearing to that what is published so it's worth trying your luck. I wouldn't want to miss out simply due to lack of trying your luck.
Just write a simple factual email stating your grades and ask if you would potentially be considered if you applied, finger crossed you ll get an honest answer :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
x

Original post by TraineeBMS
x

Thank you for the replies! I've drafted up an email, how does this sound?

"Dear sir/madam

I am very interested in applying for the BSc Zoology degree for 2017 at your university and I was wondering where I stand having achieved an Access to HE Diploma in Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences [my grades here], since this is below the standard entry requirements, I am concerned about my chances of being considered for the course if I were to apply. I am also currently retaking GCSE maths since I only hold a D grade in which I am hoping to turn into a C or above this year. I do still hope that I will be considered and I look forward to your reply.

Many Thanks"
Original post by Nicoley-oley

"Dear sir/madam

I am very interested in applying for the BSc Zoology degree for 2017 at your university and I was wondering where I stand having achieved an Access to HE Diploma in Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences [my grades here], since this is below the standard entry requirements, I am concerned about my chances of being considered for the course if I were to apply. I am also currently retaking GCSE maths since I only hold a D grade in which I am hoping to turn into a C or above this year. I do still hope that I will be considered and I look forward to your reply.

Many Thanks"

sounds fine to me:smile:

"Dear sir/madam

Many Thanks"

Unless a C at GCSE Maths is a requirement I wouldn't mention it otherwise it sounds fine. You won't be the first to try this type of enquiry they'll be used to it.
Original post by claireestelle
sounds fine to me:smile:

Original post by TraineeBMS
Unless a C at GCSE Maths is a requirement I wouldn't mention it otherwise it sounds fine. You won't be the first to try this type of enquiry they'll be used to it.

Okay, I'll amend and send it off, thanks again :biggrin:
Reply 7
If you haven't already sent it, you need to change the first sentence. You've joined too many things together with commas, which makes the actual sentence far too long

Okay, I'll amend and send it off, thanks again :biggrin:
Original post by Juno
If you haven't already sent it, you need to change the first sentence. You've joined too many things together with commas, which makes the actual sentence far too long

Ahh okay, you caught me just in time haha, thanks for the tip!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending