The Student Room Group

How soon did you receive your offers after submitting to UCAS

I am applying to university for 2017 entry to study International Business and I was wondering where you guys have applied, when you sent your application and when did you receive your offers!

Am really excited about sending my off :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
First offer was from Warwick Maths that arrived one day after sending off my UCAS.
Original post by Zacken
First offer was from Warwick Maths that arrived one day after sending off my UCAS.

That's a bit early isn't it? Looks like they were very keen on having you there!
Do you still get offers before the deadline? Like if I sent it off this week would I get offers soon or would they wait until January deadline
The first was after one day, the last was after three months!

Original post by lemonandlime1
Do you still get offers before the deadline? Like if I sent it off this week would I get offers soon or would they wait until January deadline

It depends on the department. Some start making offers immediately, others wait for the January deadline. I think it's more common to start making them earlier though, I got 4/5 offers before January.
Reply 5
Original post by lemonandlime1

You could get offers before January.
Original post by Zacken

Wow, well done- I hear Warwick is very good for maths!:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by sunshine774
Wow, well done- I hear Warwick is very good for maths!:smile:

It's amazing, yeah, thanks! Ended up not going though. You thinking of going there?
Reply 8
Last year my first offers were a day after (Manchester and Keele), two more a week after (York and Sheffield) and the last came exactly two weeks after (Birmingham). This was all for History :smile:
Application sent - 19th Oct
Kent - 26th Oct
Warwick - 27th Oct
Leicester - 20th Nov
Southampton - 8th Dec
Exeter - 3rd Feb

When Warwick offered I was like "Holy **** a Russell Group uni want me?! Maybe I'm not useless!"
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zacken
It's amazing, yeah, thanks! Ended up not going though. You thinking of going there?

No, I have just started yr 12 and want to study economics at at either oxford, cambridge, LSE; other good RG unis!:smile: But I've got a friend in yr 13 and he is applying to warwick for maths and I've generally heard it's very good for maths!:smile: What uni did you end up going to then?:biggrin:
Reply 11
No, I have just started yr 12 and want to study economics at at either oxford, cambridge, LSE; other good RG unis!:smile: But I've got a friend in yr 13 and he is applying to warwick for maths and I've generally heard it's very good for maths!:smile: What uni did you end up going to then?:biggrin:

Ah, I see. Warwick is very good for Econ as well, like one of the top unis. I'd consider it, if I were you.

Ended up going to Cambridge for maths.
Original post by Zacken
Ah, I see. Warwick is very good for Econ as well, like one of the top unis. I'd consider it, if I were you.

Ended up going to Cambridge for maths.

Ah OK I'll consider it thanks!:smile: WOW...Cambridge! I don't know if you get asked this question a lot, but what did you get in gcse's, as and a levels? And what do you need to do to make your application stand out?:smile: Thanks in advance!:biggrin:
Reply 13
Ah OK I'll consider it thanks!:smile: WOW...Cambridge! I don't know if you get asked this question a lot, but what did you get in gcse's, as and a levels? And what do you need to do to make your application stand out?:smile: Thanks in advance!:biggrin:

I'll take this to VM, don't really want to air it out on the thread. :tongue:
Reply 14
UCL Maths here.

Quite late, actually: 1st February. Applied on 14th October.
Reply 15
On the plus side, they send you a nice email when you decline their offer. :lol:
Original post by Plagioclase
The first was after one day

If I'm alright to ask, who was this? And what course?
Original post by DarkEnergy
If I'm alright to ask, who was this? And what course?

UCL, Geophysics.
Original post by Plagioclase
UCL, Geophysics.

Thanks! I'm applying to UCL for Medical Physics, any idea why your offer was so quick? Is this common for UCL?
Original post by DarkEnergy
Thanks! I'm applying to UCL for Medical Physics, any idea why your offer was so quick? Is this common for UCL?

I'd have thought that admissions processes would be department-specific so I certainly wouldn't expect this for UCL as a whole. I don't think UCL's Earth Sciences department is particularly heavily oversubscribed (it's lovely though) and also I submitted it fairly early (start of October) so they wouldn't have been very busy with applications at that time.

Quick Reply

Latest