The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Hope the medify mocks aren't like the real thing. I didn't do very well

Posted from TSR Mobile
ahhh I just did the mock at the end of the Kaplan book and i got 616 band 2... i have my exam on the 4th oct !!!
Ahhhh what do i do???
Original post by mm_7
ahhh I just did the mock at the end of the Kaplan book and i got 616 band 2... i have my exam on the 4th oct !!!
Ahhhh what do i do???

You got Medify?
Original post by Docjones1
You got Medify?

yeah
is it recommended to do medify mocks nearer to the exam or the official ukcat one?
Original post by michaela__
Thank you! Apply to your strengths and maybe do the BMAT! If not there's always a gap year and to take the UKCAT again then! So many people have to take gap years and I'm sure I probably will too as I probably will need more experience! It's nothing to be worried about you are a perfectly normal applicant! I've spoken to so many doctors that had to take a gap year it's so normal honestly! It doesn't reflect how much of a great doctor you'd make so don't worry 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot! :smile: :smile:
Original post by mm_7
is it recommended to do medify mocks nearer to the exam or the official ukcat one?

I've done the UKCAT mocks and will do two of the Medify ones today. I think if it'll help you become more familiar with the test then go for it. *
@Michaela_

Thanks!
Anyone taking the dreaded thing this week?

I'm thursday and extra scared now. literally about 2 days to revise
Original post by .......Jeff458

Mine is tomorrow. I was terrified but now I'm calm.*
Original post by .......Jeff458

Got mine on wednesday and the mocks are scaring me
is AR the same level of difficulty as its on medify?
Original post by aamin96
Got mine on wednesday and the mocks are scaring me

I've read several times here that the mocks are harder than the actual test. Particularly for AR and QR.*
Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
I've read several times here that the mocks are harder than the actual test. Particularly for AR and QR.*

I've done the medify mocks and I kept getting around 650 avg not happy with that but it did teach me to keep calm and flag my questions.

Also have you done the official UKCAT mocks? The calculator keeps opening up in a new tab even when I was on full screen! Tried closing it and accidentally closed the whole mock. Hope that doesn't happen in the real thing
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by aamin96
Also have you done the official UKCAT mocks? The calculator keeps opening up in a new tab even when I was on full screen! Tried closing it and accidentally closed the whole mock

I didn't have that problem. But rest assured I doubt you'll have that issue on the day.
Original post by aamin96
I've done the medify mocks and I kept getting around 650 avg not happy with that but it did teach me to keep calm and flag my questions.

That's exactly my intention with the mocks... to help it teach me to be calm and flag smartly.
I didn't have that problem. But rest assured I doubt you'll have that issue on the day.

It's weird I was using chrome on a Mac
Hi there,
I sat my UKCAT this morning and didn't do as well as I had hoped:

VR 590
QR 690
AR 580
SJ band 3 (even though I got band 1 in my mock!!)

I was wondering if anyone knows cutoffs or what score is needed to get into Newcastle and Warwick? Or what they were last year so I have some idea of whether I stand a chance of getting in?

Any help would be much appreciated! :biggrin:
Hey Guys! So I've been reading your posts about the UKCAT and it really helped me in the days leading up to the exam. I finished mine this morning and got an average of 683 and Band 2 in Situational Judgement. The test is so much more easier than the Mocks! Especially QR- there was one question that would take some time but I guessed and moved onto the easier ones! How do you guys think this score is?

I'm an international student so where would you guys recommend I apply to? Really want to go to King's College London

Really appreciate any replies
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending