Is Islamophobia a problem in the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theonecenter
My cultural clothing whilst returning from Mosque prayers after college
Moroccan DishDash

were you born in Morocco?
Original post by BaconandSauce
were you born in Morocco?

I was born in England, however I have been there every single year since my birth.
I was born in England, however I have been there every single year since my birth.

OK so they shouldn't have called you a terrorist but they should have just laughed at you:wink:.
OK so they shouldn't have called you a terrorist but they should have just laughed at you:wink:.

Oh aren't you so sweet :wink:
Oh aren't you so sweet :wink:

yep.
yep.

lovely.
lovely.

Just honest :biggrin:

Ha funny clothing, funny but not as funny as wasting life obsessing over Islam and TSR.
Just honest :biggrin:

Everyone has their opinion aha
Original post by dingleberry jam
Ha funny clothing, funny but not as funny as wasting life obsessing over Islam and TSR.

so we've both had a good laugh then:biggrin:
Everyone has their opinion aha

That's right
so we've both had a good laugh then:biggrin:

:thumbsup:
good to start the week.
:thumbsup:
good to start the week.

:biggrin: Yes but then it always is on TSR
:biggrin: Yes but then it always is on TSR

Everything in moderation
Reply 154
Original post by AmirahxRashid
Just like to point out to everyone that whatever culture, race or religion you are you must respect each other cos thats how the world is going to get better. Not by being horrible to each other.😡😡 We all have to work together. And to those who dont agree i please ask you to not jugde a book 📚📕by its cover. Because not only does it hurt me but it hurts other people.😭😭😭😭 I try to treat everyone equally no matter what religion. And i suggest everyone should do that if wr are goiing to get anywhere in life😄😄😄😄
I fail to see what "being nice to each other" has to do with not criticising an ideology that states that it is ok to be not nice to some people.

If you want to respect everyone for their religion, politics, sexuality, etc, then you cannot claim that the Quran and message of Allah is perfect. The two positions are mutually exclusive.

And you are still making this flawed claim that "we must respect everyone", but I don't respect everyone. There are plenty of people whose words or actions mean that they do not deserve respect.
Respect is earned, not demanded.
Reply 155
Everything in moderation
Even moderation?
Original post by QE2
Even moderation?

thats the one.
Reply 157
thats the one.
So occasional excess is ok? Phew!
Reply 158
Original post by Dodgypirate
What is "Islamophobia" is it fear of Muslims? or is it fear of Islam? because it simply can't be both.

A phobia is indeed a fear, but I don't fear Islam, I dislike it. Does that make me "Islamophobic"?

Tell them.
I feel the same
Original post by QE2
So occasional excess is ok? Phew!

Nothing like a good binge now and then, doesn't look like your excess is only
occasional though. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending