The Student Room Group

E&M vs Geography

Hi, I'm really struggling to choose between these two courses at Oxford.
My main interests are in globalisation, inequality and development,which is something I've written quite alot about in my PS. All the other courses I'm currently applying for are just economics. However after some research I've discovered that the Geog department at Oxford has a module on economic geography and 3 professors researching the topics I'm interested in, which is why I'm considering changing.
I would only want to study geography at oxford but surely they would be put off if my PS is basically an economics PS.
There is one professor that is researching inequality in the econ dept, but if I apply for E&M I believe I need to move away from economic geography and into pure economics. Also, do I need to mention management in my PS?

Thanks for any help :smile:
Original post by karinaabrown
Hi, I'm really struggling to choose between these two courses at Oxford.
My main interests are in globalisation, inequality and development,which is something I've written quite alot about in my PS. All the other courses I'm currently applying for are just economics. However after some research I've discovered that the Geog department at Oxford has a module on economic geography and 3 professors researching the topics I'm interested in, which is why I'm considering changing.
I would only want to study geography at oxford but surely they would be put off if my PS is basically an economics PS.
There is one professor that is researching inequality in the econ dept, but if I apply for E&M I believe I need to move away from economic geography and into pure economics. Also, do I need to mention management in my PS?

Thanks for any help :smile:

You have all the help you need with the geography were you are. Stay where you are and do Geography, buddy.
Original post by Mvine001
You have all the help you need with the geography were you are. Stay where you are and do Geography, buddy.

Horrendously useless response.
-----------------------

I think you have a good vision with what you wish to do.

Reminded me of a linkedin profile I once saw.. https://www.linkedin.com/in/oliver-willmott-09556a25
Original post by post-grad-u-ate
Horrendously useless response.
-----------------------

I think you have a good vision with what you wish to do.

Reminded me of a linkedin profile I once saw.. https://www.linkedin.com/in/oliver-willmott-09556a25

How is it a 'Horrendously useless response', then, hmmm?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending