The Student Room Group

Two killed by police brutality in the USA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QE2
If you watch the videos, you can hear the police repeatedly shouting "drop the gun!", so while that isn't strictly a question, there was certainly a period of dialogue during which the issue could have been resolved non-violently.

I suppose that you could argue that the victim had no way of knowing that the police would be likely to open fire if he didn't drop the gun.
The "Drop the gun" line is a VERY common thing the police say to black people to justify killing a black person
Original post by spotify95
What is wrong with the US police these days? Can they actually do anything without shooting/killing someone? :mad:

This is why I'm proud to live in the UK - we don't have any nonsense like this over here!

No we just get stabbed and jumped and the police don't do anything.
Wonderful.
Without any right to carry anything to protect ourselves.
Reply 62
Original post by PrincePaul4-5
The "Drop the gun" line is a VERY common thing the police say to black people to justify killing a black person
So the gun found at the scene with his DNA and fingerprints on was planted then? And I guess that it's all a plan by the Illuminati Lizard Kings?
*SMH*
Original post by QE2
So the gun found at the scene with his DNA and fingerprints on was planted then? And I guess that it's all a plan by the Illuminati Lizard Kings?
*SMH*
Yes. That is exactly what I'm saying. In a system of white supremacy which the USA is. Whites can say anything. You have been told their was DNA. You have been told there was fingerprints.

What do you expect them to say "I killed him because was a n*gger and I don't like n*ggers" of course they are going to cover it up

What I'm saying is that the whole system is designed and set up to kill black people.

That's why there is routine when ever this happens, that is

Administrative leave: paid vacation for killer cops.

The blue wall of silence: the so-called good cops do not speak out against bad ones.

The press: presents the police account as more or less true while demonizing the dead victim, poisoning any possible jury.

The full and thorough investigation: determines the facts. Since in most cases it is carried out by the police themselves, it amounts to a cover-up.

Medical examiner: examines the body for cause and manner of death. Some medical examiners are in bed with the police, even making up stuff found in no medical book

Public prosecutor: almost always in bed with the police. They can charge a killer cop with a crime, but most kick it to a:

Grand jury: The prosecutor presents the investigation / cover-up to a secret grand jury. No press, no public, not even lawyers from the victim’s family are allowed. That keeps it out of the news. It also means the grand jury hears only the police side of the story. So they rarely bring an indictment of charges, but when they do it leads to a:

Trial: The trial jury will almost always have White people on it who have a sickeningly childlike belief in the honesty of the police, like they are still six years old (BMA 6). That means even if there are some sensible Black people (BMA 18+), the jury will at best deadlock, letting the killer cop walk free. Some trials, though, do not have juries, just a judge:

Judges: Most are unwilling to second-guess the police.

US Department of Justice: Have they ever sent a killer cop to prison?

Civil lawsuit: brought by the victim’s family for damages. Rarely affects the killer cop or the police since any damages are paid by taxpayers.

The five magic words: “I feared for my life.” Almost always gets them off. They do not even have to see a gun to be believed, just think they saw one. And if the victim is Black, even that is unnecessary: the Black Brute stereotype, held by news reporters, jurors and helicopter pilots, will do the rest.

Case closed. That's how it works
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by Prince-Paul7888
Yes. That is exactly what I'm saying. In a system of white supremacy which the USA is. Whites can say anything. You have been told their was DNA. You have been told there was fingerprints.

What do you expect them to say "I killed him because was a n*gger and I don't like n*ggers" of course they are going to cover it up

What I'm saying is that the whole system is designed and set up to kill black people.

That's why there is routine when ever this happens, that is

The blue wall of silence: the so-called good cops do not speak out against bad ones.

The press: presents the police account as more or less true while demonizing the dead victim, poisoning any possible jury.

The full and thorough investigation: determines the facts. Since in most cases it is carried out by the police themselves, it amounts to a cover-up.

Medical examiner: examines the body for cause and manner of death. Some medical examiners are in bed with the police, even making up stuff found in no medical book

Public prosecutor: almost always in bed with the police. They can charge a killer cop with a crime, but most kick it to a:

Grand jury: The prosecutor presents the investigation / cover-up to a secret grand jury. No press, no public, not even lawyers from the victim’s family are allowed. That keeps it out of the news. It also means the grand jury hears only the police side of the story. So they rarely bring an indictment of charges, but when they do it leads to a:

Trial: The trial jury will almost always have White people on it who have a sickeningly childlike belief in the honesty of the police, like they are still six years old (BMA 6). That means even if there are some sensible Black people (BMA 18+), the jury will at best deadlock, letting the killer cop walk free. Some trials, though, do not have juries, just a judge:

Judges: Most are unwilling to second-guess the police.

US Department of Justice: Have they ever sent a killer cop to prison?

Civil lawsuit: brought by the victim’s family for damages. Rarely affects the killer cop or the police since any damages are paid by taxpayers.

The five magic words: “I feared for my life.” Almost always gets them off. They do not even have to see a gun to be believed, just think they saw one. And if the victim is Black, even that is unnecessary: the Black Brute stereotype, held by news reporters, jurors and helicopter pilots, will do the rest.

Case closed. That's how it works
So, is every black person killed by the police an innocent victim of racist cops and a corrupt justice system?
Original post by WBZ144
You seem people? Racism no longer exists!

You still haven't addressed my earlier point.

Also, nothing racist about what I posted.
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
You still haven't addressed my earlier point.

Also, nothing racist about what I posted.

What earlier point? Did it have anything to do with the topic at hand or was it plain whataboutery?

Laughing at a well-known racial slur is racist.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WBZ144
What earlier point? Did it have anything to do with the topic at hand or was it plain whatabouttery?

Laughing at a well-known racial slur is racist.

5th reply.

I assume you have never laughed at any jokes about white people then?
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
5th reply.

I assume you have never laughed at any jokes about white people then?

I don't laugh at jokes containing racial slurs, no. Most decent human beings do not, if that comes as a surprise.

The 5th reply is exactly what we call whataboutery. There is an entire thread about the hooligans at the protest elsewhere in this section.
Original post by Secretnerd123
Of course we will have an All lives matter advocate on here. Dissappointing

How dare he say that all lives matter.

How dare he make a statement which clearly shows that he believes the life of a black person is worth the same as that of a white person.

How dare he not value the life of a black man much higher than that of a white man.

Moron.
Original post by Prince-Paul7888

The five magic words: “I feared for my life.” Almost always gets them off. They do not even have to see a gun to be believed, just think they saw one. And if the victim is Black, even that is unnecessary: the Black Brute stereotype, held by news reporters, jurors and helicopter pilots, will do the rest

Several comments about this. Firstly, your description of administrative leave. Would you prefer the police to stop paying somebody's wages and leave them penniless for the length of time that an investigation takes? Given that they haven't necessarily done anything illegal? Seems a bit harsh to me.

Second, the blue wall of silence. By describing other cops as ''so called'' good cops, I think you've failed to see it from their side. If you worked all day with somebody who carried a gun, whose life was often in your hands and who was almost certainly going to get off any charges anyway, would you want to give evidence against them? An officer without their colleague's support probably isn't going to have a fun time on their next shift. Assuming that you were there and saw illegal activity, that is.

Thirdly, I think you're right. Investigations are far too often left to the force whose officers were involved. How is that unbiased? This is where I would prefer to see more independent oversight, and I think you're right to be worried about that. It still doesn't mean that the cop was breaking the law, though.

Fourth, the jury. This is a tricky problem, and one that I can't see an easy way around. What would you suggest doing to improve that system?

Fifth, ''they do not even have to see a gun to be believe, just think that they saw one'' - Of course that's how it works. If an officer thinks that they see a gun, why would they not then act like their suspect has a gun? Are you suggesting that they should be forced to waste precious time getting a pair of binoculars or calling for a second opinion before they react?

You've got some very good points, but that still doesn't mean that the suspect was necessarily always shot illegally. In many cases, tragically, people do end up putting police officers in positions when the officers genuinely do feel the need to open fire to protect themselves.

I don't think that people should assume guilt *or innocence* of the victim or the officer (especially not in cases when they haven't seen the evidence yet). Unfortunately, the way that these cases are handled often mean that we just can't tell what's really happened.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending