The Student Room Group

Summary Of The Labour Party Conference

image.jpeg

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

ucles sending.jpg* *
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

B b bb b there's no antisemitism issue in Labour. Dame *said so :rolleyes: Stay classy, Labour *
(edited 7 years ago)
Unbelievable, although not particularly surprising.

I suppose this is the kinder and more inclusive politics we've been hearing so much about.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JamesN88
Unbelievable, although not particularly surprising.

I suppose this is the kinder and more inclusive politics we've been hearing so much about.

It is more inclusive, it includes terrorists, antisemites and conspiracy theorists.
Original post by KimKallstrom
X

Utterly disgraceful. It goes to show that all the criticism is entirely valid. The accusation by Corbynites that raising the issue of anti-semitism is just malicious Jews trying to bring Corbyn down is deeply racist and obnoxious.

Today the leader of the Labour group on Portsmouth Council has resigned from the party and will now sit as an independent. He says he can no longer in good conscience associate himself with the Corbyn cult.
Apparently at the conference, a stall ran by Momentum is selling stuff including a spoof army recruitment leaflets showing a paralysed action and with a soldier with limbs blown off and advertising free prosthetic limbs, mugs ironically saying to join the army to "make stuff dead", a poster with a cattle truck saying "refuges are coming" and other such things.

It was criticised by Dan Jarvis, a former soldier and a Labour MP, who said: ‘The sale of this merchandise is extremely disrespectful to our armed forces and veterans who provide outstanding service to our country.*

*He added: ‘It is utterly unacceptable that those who have been injured in the service of our country should be pilloried in this way. This kind of behaviour has no place inside a civilised political party.

It should be withdrawn immediately'.

Momentum gonna Momentum.*
Is there a link to the anti British troops merchandise being sold?

Labour are going to get deservedly slaughtered
With these shenanigans
No excuse for decent people staying in the party now. I wouldn't stick with my family let alone a political party if they started going all Galloway esque.
Apparently at the conference, a stall ran by Momentum is selling stuff including a spoof army recruitment leaflets showing a paralysed action and with a soldier with limbs blown off and advertising free prosthetic limbs, mugs ironically saying to join the army to "make stuff dead", a poster with a cattle truck saying "refuges are coming" and other such things.

Absolutely shameful. These are the kind of people Corbyn is attracting to the party; embittered, angry conspiracy idiots who are utterly convinced that they are so clever, that they see the real truth. They can see through the conspiracies etc etc. And thus when anyone fails to agree with their cynicism-verging-on-mental-illness, that person is attacked as "naive".

Labour will find it hard to live this stuff down; the Tories are conscientiously recording all of this. Momentumers somehow think that just because all of the stuff like this, the Iran money, the associations with terrorists, isn't getting thrown at him every day by the Tories, that he got away with it or that people are okay with it. They're going to get a huge shock at the next general election. Labour can't even start to rebuild until they get rid of this dim, dogmatic, incompetent, immoral man.

It was criticised by Dan Jarvis, a former soldier and a Labour MP, who said: ‘The sale of this merchandise is extremely disrespectful to our armed forces and veterans who provide outstanding service to our country.*

You tell 'em Dan. And on that basis I hope the reports he's considering accepting a shad cab position is untrue.
Original post by Davij038
Is there a link to the anti British troops merchandise being sold?

Labour are going to get deservedly slaughtered
With these shenanigans

image.jpeg

*http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_57e80146e4b0e81629aa020c *

Chose the Huff so the cult can't accuse it of being a "Tory media smear"

By the way, other items include mugs and t shirts with the slogan "Tories are lower than vermin". Given that these clowns consider most of their MPs to be "red Tories", you assume this also includes them.

A kinder, gentler politics *
If this is the new kinder politics, I'll the keep the old.
(edited 7 years ago)
No excuse for decent people staying in the party now. I wouldn't stick with my family let alone a political party if they started going all Galloway esque.

YOu can be in the Labour party without going all galloway esque.
In response to the anti British Troops merchandise. So.. it's the face of Labour Defence policy vs a stall by some pacifists or something.

[video="youtube;5Jx-FxjPPSc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jx-FxjPPSc[/video]

@KimKallstrom
@Davij038
(edited 7 years ago)
image.jpeg

*http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_57e80146e4b0e81629aa020c *

Chose the Huff so the cult can't accuse it of being a "Tory media smear"

By the way, other items include mugs and t shirts with the slogan "Tories are lower than vermin". Given that these clowns consider most of their MPs to be "red Tories", you assume this also includes them.

A kinder, gentler politics *

To be fair on the Vermin comment they're paraphrasing the Pro Trident, Pro NATO Bevan- who'd probably have no time for the momentum types either.

I was going to write a massive comment on the limits of freedom of speech in mainstream politics- personally, aside from directly advocating violence I think it should be wide in scope. And if I'm honest that auschwitz post made me laugh despite me thinking it's ludicrous ( -again, as is directly compareing Corbyn, for all of his faults, to Stalin). If they started posting anti Semitic cartoons I think that would be the point where it would be too much.

Bottom line is, essentially Labour's a joke.

Edit: Chsotic Butterfly

The anti war jokes I can live with. The anti semitism and growing loony influence I can't. That sort of stuff should not be anywhere in mainstream politics and I spent s long time haranguing ukip voters about the state of their party and I cannot in good conscience turn s blind eye when labour does the exact same thing.
(edited 7 years ago)
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/09/labours-anti-semitism-problem-compared-cooked-souffle-momentum-debate/

So......during an audience questions segment, we have answers including there couldn't be anti-semitism on the left.........because by definition those on the left cannot be anti-semitic.

Well shoot, I thought we had a problem. Glad to hear it's just a misunderstanding...........:rolleyes:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
In response to the anti British Troops merchandise. So.. it's the face of Labour Defence policy vs a stall by some pacifists or something.

[video="youtube;5Jx-FxjPPSc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jx-FxjPPSc[/video]

@KimKallstrom
@Davij038

Well that's that settled. A guy who spent 3 minutes in the TA and spends his political life as Corbyn's man servant speaks.

But seriously though, that it was ever even allowed speaks volumes about Momentum. And let's be honest, it reflects the views of Momentum as a group. Have you actually met Momentumers?

And don't call them "pacifists". That's a joke for you to even attempt that. They're clearly glorifying the dismembering of people in what they're doing here, Stop trying to let them off the hook. What Momentum have allowed here is really, really vile.

And let the far-left gain even more control destroying the only chance of a viable centre-left, social democratic party?

I'm not going to be kicked out my own party by a bunch of militant, violent nutters.
Original post by Bornblue
And let the far-left gain even more control destroying the only chance of a viable centre-left, social democratic party?

I'm not going to be kicked out my own party by a bunch of militant, violent nutters.

Why bother when you can vote lib dem/ green? Sure they won't win but neither will labour- at least they're functioning parties that you won't need to hold your nose to vote for. By all means stay and fight the long fight, but frankly I don't see the point. That said I've pretty much given up since politics has more or less gone peak retarded. :smile:
a joke
Why bother when you can vote lib dem/ green? Sure they won't win but neither will labour- at least they're functioning parties that you won't need to hold your nose to vote for. By all means stay and fight the long fight, but frankly I don't see the point. That said I've pretty much given up since politics has more or less gone peak retarded. :smile:

Well Labour still has 220 odd seats, the Lib Dems have eight and the Greens just one.

I still believe that there is an immense amount of talent on the Labour backbenches who can really make Labour a formidable social democratic party again. That's why despite Corbyn I will still vote Labour.

We're going through the sh*t at the moment, but the Corbyn faze won't last forever.

I'm not going to leave a party because of a few bullies.

Quick Reply

Latest