The Student Room Group

How to NOT get disowned [GCSE Journey]

HELLO I HOPE YOU ENJOY LAUGHING AT MY MISERY, TAKE A SEAT

I'm not sure what possessed me to do this but here I am. I doubt anyone will see this, but I refuse to write in a way that seems like I'm talking to myself.. I haven't hit rock bottom. Yet.

I'm currently in Year 11 and this is my personal journey to my GCSEs and hopefully to Not Getting Disowned.

SUBJECTS: (i regret so many of these it's not even funny)
English Lit [AQA]
English Lang [AQA]
Maths [AQA]
Biology [AQA]
Chemistry [AQA]
Physics [AQA]
R.P.E [OCR?]
Fine Art [AQA]
French [EDEXCEL] (why did i take this what have i done i want to kms)
History [OCR]
Further Maths [AQA] (not yet started p. after Christmas)

YEAR 10 GRADES//TARGETS:

Spoiler

WHY ALL THIS?
I have a bounty on my head. If I want to keep breathing free air I need "at least" 10A*s, but that would be a little "disappointing", so 11A*s in the aim.

No game plan atm, just casually looking over recently learnt material and skimming over old material. I need to up my game. Tips?

I'm not a natural genius unlike some students here on TSR so this is going to be just a tad...mf hardomdsomeonekillme.
I want to get good enough grades so I get into the sixth form of my choice (which has vv high standards whoop whoop there goes my future) for A levels to take:

Biology, Chemistry, Physics (ugh), Maths (uGHH) and either Psychology/EPQ (i'd love it if anyone here has any experience/reccs on these two subjects).

Spoiler

LASTLY:
I'd love hear about any of you taking my subjects/GCSEs at 2017

DON'T PROCRASTINATE GUYS. DON'T BE LIKE ME.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Lol seeing what you already got in year 10 you're basically set for year 11 if you keep revising or doing whatever you're doing
Original post by airportsh8me

I'm not sure what possessed me to do this but here I am. I doubt anyone will see this, but I refuse to write in a way that seems like I'm talking to myself.. I haven't hit rock bottom. Yet.

I'm currently in Year 11 and this is my personal journey to my GCSEs and hopefully to Not Getting Disowned.

English Lit [AQA]
English Lang [AQA]
Maths [AQA]
Biology [AQA]
Chemistry [AQA]
Physics [AQA]
R.P.E [OCR?]
Fine Art [AQA]
History [OCR]

YEAR 10 GRADES//TARGETS:

Spoiler

WHY ALL THIS?
I have a bounty on my head. If I want to keep breathing free air I need "at least" 10A*s, but that would be a little "disappointing", so 11A*s in the aim.

No game plan atm, just casually looking over recently learnt material and skimming over old material. I need to up my game. Tips?

I'm not a natural genius unlike some students here on TSR so this is going to be just a tad...mf hardomdsomeonekillme.
I want to get good enough grades so I get into the sixth form of my choice (which has vv high standards whoop whoop there goes my future) for A levels to take:
Biology, Chemistry, Physics (ugh), Maths (uGHH) and either Psychology/EPQ (i'd love it if anyone here has any experience/reccs on these two subjects).

Spoiler

LASTLY:

Why 5 A-levels out of curiosity?

I'm also on AQA for EngLang and Lit, and I'm also on OCR for History and RS. What texts are you doing for EngLit?

And of course, good luck! :biggrin:

English Lit [AQA]
English Lang [AQA]
Maths [AQA]
Biology [AQA]
Chemistry [AQA]
Physics [AQA]
R.P.E [OCR?]
Fine Art [AQA]
History [OCR]

YEAR 10 GRADES//TARGETS:

Spoiler

WHY ALL THIS?

Spoiler

LASTLY:

Asian/African parents?
Judging from this I'm sure you'll do well at english and everything else
Anyway why do you regret your subjects choices
Original post by _gcx
Why 5 A-levels out of curiosity?

I'm also on AQA for EngLang and Lit, and I'm also on OCR for History and RS. What texts are you doing for EngLit?

And of course, good luck! :biggrin:

Thanks a lot! I'm doing Jekyll & Hyde, The Inspector Calls and The Merchant of Venice for Shakespeare. You?

I need 4 of those to get into uni and Psychology or EPQ is just something that interests me :smile:

Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Asian/African parents?

That easy to tell?

Original post by Inspiringvisons
Anyway why do you regret your subjects choices

Thanks, fingers crossed I will :biggrin:
I moved to a new school at the start of Year 10 so that meant I could only chose my subject options from the "leftovers". I got French instead of Spanish, Art instead of Psychology and SHP History instead of Modern World.
But eh, I can't really whine since it's technically my fault for moving. Besides, all I need are the grades

at least that's what i tell myself
Thanks a lot! I'm doing Jekyll & Hyde, The Inspector Calls and The Merchant of Venice for Shakespeare. You?

I need 4 of those to get into uni and Psychology or EPQ is just something that interests me :smile:

That easy to tell?

Thanks, fingers crossed I will :biggrin:
I moved to a new school at the start of Year 10 so that meant I could only chose my subject options from the "leftovers". I got French instead of Spanish, Art instead of Psychology and SHP History instead of Modern World.
But eh, I can't really whine since it's technically my fault for moving. Besides, all I need are the grades

at least that's what i tell myself

Just know that 5 A-levels can be quite demanding workload-wise! If you're up to it, I don't see anything wrong with it :P
wow, i really gave up during gcses didn't i

this update is 1+ year overdue but i passed guys!!! *lone party popper*

998A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A

and uh

i nearly failed year 12

whoops.

goodnight.

it's 2pm but still
"tHe UltimAte aIm iS tO dO meD aT cAmbRidGe"

shut up whole face up binch
Original post by immigrant #963
wow, i really gave up during gcses didn't i

this update is 1+ year overdue but i passed guys!!! *lone party popper*

998A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A

and uh

i nearly failed year 12

whoops.

goodnight.

it's 2pm but still

Wow, that's late :tongue: Impressive you still remember? But congrats though! Those grades are great :smile:
Original post by wifd149
Wow, that's late :tongue: Impressive you still remember? But congrats though! Those grades are great :smile:

just a bit :redface: i never really go on tsr anymore and i decided to look through my old threads and boom, this mistake pops up. Thanks and good luck to you too :biggrin: are you doing gcses?
just a bit :redface: i never really go on tsr anymore and i decided to look through my old threads and boom, this mistake pops up. Thanks and good luck to you too :biggrin: are you doing gcses?

Thank you! :h: Nah, I'm an A-level student that resat AS-level exams this May/June, because my exam-board is CIE and AS+A2=overall. The results came out for the other CIE countries today, but I think my government will release them this Saturday :s-smilie:
Ur so funny lol
Reply 14
That avatar should be made illegal.
let this die pls

This thread is perfection.
Original post by wifd149
Thank you! :h: Nah, I'm an A-level student that resat AS-level exams this May/June, because my exam-board is CIE and AS+A2=overall. The results came out for the other CIE countries today, but I think my government will release them this Saturday :s-smilie:

bruv fr?? nah b that's too much, how do you survive?? Much be stressful but don't stress! I'm sure you did amazing, so relax till saturday. Then start stressing.
jks but fr you're going to be fine. What subjects did you do?
Original post by OhSoLucky
This thread is perfection.

a mistake*

Original post by FloralPrints
Ur so funny lol

lul thx it's the depression
Original post by Your Local Cat
That avatar should be made illegal.

Cat fur coats are, but that's not going to stop me.

Quick Reply

Latest