The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sardonic Zarah
Our school doesn't spell it PEE because we're immature sh*ts 😂 instead we call them PEA, the a being analysis. I honestly hate PEE because it doesn't allow you to link pieces of evidence

We use PEEL

Spoiler

Original post by 15jturner
- Introduce yourself! - Hey, I'm Joey, I'm 14 and just started Y10

- What are your hobbies and interests?- CoSpace/RoboCup (A robotics competition, reguarly participate in that)

- How many GCSEs are you doing? 8 I believe- English, Maths, Triple or double Science (we don't choose until end of y10), RS Short course (short course of RS is mandatory at my school, but you can opt for the full course), and 4 others.

- What subjects are you taking (include your exam board to find others studying the same things as you)?
History (AQA)
Computer Science (school hasn't decided which board we are going to be using yet so we are just learning basics like Binary, Hex, etc.)
German (unsure of exam board)
Music (OCR, i'm very behind in terms of theory and a little behind on playing skills so this is something i'd be interested in revising with someone else)

- Do you think you're ready for the new GCSEs?
Yes, have a feeling i'll do very bad in Music though xD, Computer Science however i hope to do well in

- What's your favourite subject(s)?
Computer Science and Music

- What is your dream career or dream uni?
Maybe MIT in America (lord knows how that would work xD), maybe Cambridge or Oxford if i was to get in. Career- definitely something to do with computers, maybe software engineer or working for a games company

- How do you feel about going into Year 10?
Excited, looking back on Y9 it was so relaxed compared to year 10. Have definitely got to start doing homework quicker and revising more

- Also, feel free to share any revision skills and resources you have
Quizlet i found was an AMAZING tool- also the CGP revision guides (the ones around £7) prove to look amazing, Have only got the History one so far but i'm ordering more soon

EDIT: Seen some of you discuss texts used for English, we are reading Frankenstein.

Well hello i share some of my rescourse eg revsion notes over on my thread its a year 10 thread so if you want to you can check it out and just write what your doing for GCSE xXx:biggrin:
Original post by mayu123
We use PEEL

Spoiler

We have PEEAL, point, evidence explanation, analyse and link 😂😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey , I am also doing AQA triple. We did topic one last year so I am doing about the blood and heart in biology , ions and ionic bonding in chemistry and circuits in physics. I feel the topics do increase in difficulty as we've gone along but i am not really struggling. I have a test in a few weeks in biology and I hope to get my targets soon.
At school I do 10 subjects altogether: triple science, english lit + lang , maths, statistics, history and RE.
Our school doesn't spell it PEE because we're immature students 😂 instead we call them PEA, the a being analysis. I honestly hate PEE because it doesn't allow you to link pieces of evidence

You haven't seen immature students until you've been to my school :ahee: :ahee:
Original post by babsie120
Hey , I am also doing AQA triple. We did topic one last year so I am doing about the blood and heart in biology , ions and ionic bonding in chemistry and circuits in physics. I feel the topics do increase in difficulty as we've gone along but i am not really struggling. I have a test in a few weeks in biology and I hope to get my targets soon.
At school I do 10 subjects altogether: triple science, english lit + lang , maths, statistics, history and RE.

I don't think it's an increase of difficulty as such. I think it's the fact that we're learning the same information but in a different way. For example, we used to be taught energy as things with energy and they are passed on through different ways. Now were taught about energy stores and energy transfers.
I don't think it's an increase of difficulty as such. I think it's the fact that we're learning the same information but in a different way. For example, we used to be taught energy as things with energy and they are passed on through different ways. Now were taught about energy stores and energy transfers.

I agree that there really isn't a noticeable increase in difficulty as you progress through the modules, except maybe the later Further Additional/Extension/"Triple" topics (B3/C3/P3). I, oddly, found Additional to be a decent amount easier than Core, to be honest. [C1 and P1] (I'm in Year 11 and I'm currently doing B3/C3/P3, for those who are wondering) I didn't even notice we were being taught P3/B3 material when we started it XD
Original post by Alexemmamay3101
We have PEEAL, point, evidence explanation, analyse and link 😂😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohh k :tongue:
What books are everyone doing in English? And what board?

No-ONE ANSWERED sos LOL

To kill a mockingbird- wjec. My exam is on the 4th of Jan and I'm terrified 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg you're so lucky, 'To Kill a Mockingbird' is my favourite book! We're doing an Inspector Calls, A Christmas Carol, and Much Ado about Nothing.
Original post by MartynaJP6
Omg you're so lucky, 'To Kill a Mockingbird' is my favourite book! We're doing an Inspector Calls, A Christmas Carol, and Much Ado about Nothing.

I'm doing An Inspector Calls too, I feel like JB Priestly was a very talented play-write being able to construct such a play. How're you finding it? I hate how we can't take books into exams anymore
To kill a mockingbird- wjec. My exam is on the 4th of Jan and I'm terrified 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it a mock? I don't think my school is doing any American lit but To Kill A Mockingbird is a beautiful book
Toddlers of TSR.

Spoiler

I live in nirth london and in yr 10
I would like to take Portuguese as an optional subject
Would anyone be able to tell me if there are any OCR GCSE Portuguese Centres in North London?
Thank you
Is it a mock? I don't think my school is doing any American lit but To Kill A Mockingbird is a beautiful book

No, wjec have made it so that year 10 can do it aswell. So I am doing English lit unit 1 and language unit 1(coursework),2&3 this year. In year eleven I am doing most of my coursework and the other units of English lit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, wjec have made it so that year 10 can do it aswell. So I am doing English lit unit 1 and language unit 1(coursework),2&3 this year. In year eleven I am doing most of my coursework and the other units of English lit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That seems so much easier, good luck 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

Boring THread just saying XD
Original post by Ishu sobhraj
I live in nirth london and in yr 10
I would like to take Portuguese as an optional subject
Would anyone be able to tell me if there are any OCR GCSE Portuguese Centres in North London?
Thank you

My friend used here a lot as she was home schooled http://www.londonbrookescollege.co.uk/private-candidates-examination-centre-hendon-london/

Latest