The Student Room Group

Worth resitting to make it easier to get an A*?

I got 93% in one of my AS history papers and 82% in the other which totals out at 87%, but I was generally expecting 90s for both. Is it worth resitting the second one just to make it easier to get an A* this year? I'm applying to do History at uni, and my teacher has predicted me an A*. Thanks! (also my teacher did say that the paper I got 82 in I was predicted to do really well in and he was surprised at how low my mark was)
EDIT: Okay so I figured out that to get an A* you need an A overall and 90% in your A2 papers combined so I figure I can do that without resitting my history, because I can definitely get an A with 87% haha
(edited 7 years ago)
Do it, if you're sure that it won't take time away from revising for your exams this year

But remember, an A is a good grade if you decide not to do it
Reply 2
You must be doing the new linear spec so the AS grade has no effect on the A level. DO NOT re-sit, it will be a complete waste of time.
Reply 3
Original post by Compost
You must be doing the new linear spec so the AS grade has no effect on the A level. DO NOT re-sit, it will be a complete waste of time.

Thanks ahaha, but no I'm not- I live in Northern Ireland and the exam board here did not introduce the linear spec this year, my AS is 50% of my overall A level.

Quick Reply

Latest