The Student Room Group

Cant go to uni until im 21!!

//
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Shado123
//

21 is far, far, far from old :tongue: don't worry :tongue: chances are people won't really be able to tell or treat you differently.
Why?
Reply 3
Original post by SeanFM
21 is far, far, far from old :tongue: don't worry :tongue: chances are people won't really be able to tell or treat you differently.

Thanks for that!
Reply 4
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Why?

And its because i have discretionary leave to remain, lived in the UK since i was 6 and im 19 now, but ineligible for funding.
Il be 21 when i get indefinite leave to remain and eligible for funding
Funny thing is if i lived in wales or scotland id be fine for funding but its just in england that im ineligible
And its because i have discretionary leave to remain, lived in the UK since i was 6 and im 19 now, but ineligible for funding.
Funny thing is if i lived in wales or scotland id be fine for funding but its just in england that im ineligible

Aww, I'm sorry :frown:. But, like others said, they shouldn't treat you any different at 21. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Aww, I'm sorry :frown:. But, like others said, they shouldn't treat you any different at 21. :smile:

Really hope so thank you! Most will be 18/19 and i dont want to feel like an outcast when i go
Really hope so thank you! Most will be 18/19 and i dont want to feel like an outcast when i go

I see what you mean, I'll be 20 when I go, but I'm sure there's a mix of ages there. :smile:

Huh? I lived in England since I was 8 and now I'm 18, and I am receiving full funding.
Original post by RDKGames
Huh? I lived in England since I was 8 and now I'm 18, and I am receiving full funding.

They're probably not from an EU country?
Reply 10
Thank you
Are there any other perks to going to uni at an older age
Reply 11
Thank you so much, i've really learnt a lot from this!

Quick Reply

Latest