The Student Room Group

AQA maths a level course

Just wanted to see how people found the exam board and course itself? Preferably people who have done this exam board.
Reply 1
Bump
Original post by MajorFader
Just wanted to see how people found the exam board and course itself? Preferably people who have done this exam board.

Last year was more of a nightmare than any exam board on any subject in history.
The other years have been fine.
Reply 3
Original post by MathMoFarah
Last year was more of a nightmare than any exam board on any subject in history.
The other years have been fine.

So I am guessing most exam papers are predictable?
Papers are getting less repetitive so grade boundaries can sometimes be rather nice.
Idk probs the same with all the other boards tbh.
Reply 5
Original post by Pentaquark
Papers are getting less repetitive so grade boundaries can sometimes be rather nice.
Idk probs the same with all the other boards tbh.

Alright okay thanks.

I do hate being a Guinea pig year student :colonhash:

I haven't done maths for this exam board but from looking at the specification its the same as Edexcel but the questions are styled differently (you should get used to it after a few times) and different topics come up in a few units. So to conclude I think its just as hard as Edexcel
Reply 7
Original post by Raizelcadres
I haven't done maths for this exam board but from looking at the specification its the same as Edexcel but the questions are styled differently (you should get used to it after a few times) and different topics come up in a few units. So to conclude I think its just as hard as Edexcel

Thanks, I have a weird obsession for Edexcel and when I moved sixth forms for year 12 and found out I was with AQA, I threw up in my mouth a little bit lol.

The course is nice, not too difficult at all, if you put some work in.
Reply 9
Original post by zetamcfc
The course is nice, not too difficult at all, if you put some work in.

AQA? And thanks it's going well right now tbh.
AQA? And thanks it's going well right now tbh.

Yes, AQA.
Thanks, I have a weird obsession for Edexcel and when I moved sixth forms for year 12 and found out I was with AQA, I threw up in my mouth a little bit lol.

Yeah thats how I felt about geography as I did edexcel for gcse and in sixth form AQA. But yeah don't worry at all, the only thing is that there isn't much resources for it compared to Edexcel but the mark scheme is on average better than edexcel.
Original post by zetamcfc
Yes, AQA.

What was your revision technique?
What was your revision technique?

All the AQA past papers, then the Edexcel past papers, then any question I could find on the relevant material.

Quick Reply

Latest