The Student Room Group

New to sex - bleeding afterwards?

I am quite new to sex and have had it 5 or 6 times. After my first time, I bled quite a lot but expected to as I know this is quite common. However, every time I've had sex since, I have also bled. The amount of blood each time has decreased, but I was just wondering if this is normal or whether I should get checked out by a dr?
Did u use a condom ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by nerdling_CompSci
Did u use a condom ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, does that make a difference?
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, does that make a difference?

Yes its normal

But when its hurts every time. U need a doc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I had a similar issue, intermittent for two years. I mentioned it to the Doctor in passing at a pill check up and it would seem that it is not normal! The bleeding can be caused by cervical erosion which can be caused by the pill but also cervical cancer... I would strongly urge you to see a GP. Not to worry you as it may be normal and even with cervical erosion, it's not a massive issue. But on the off chance, I would definitely get it checked.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I had a similar issue, intermittent for two years. I mentioned it to the Doctor in passing at a pill check up and it would seem that it is not normal! The bleeding can be caused by cervical erosion which can be caused by the pill but also cervical cancer... I would strongly urge you to see a GP. Not to worry you as it may be normal and even with cervical erosion, it's not a massive issue. But on the off chance, I would definitely get it checked.

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for telling me this, I will make an appointment asap
You should go get yourself, there could something serious that you might not be Know.
I bled similarly to you (by the sounds of things) and for the next two times afterwards, decreasing as you have done and since then it's stopped and I've been fine! If you're worried there's no harm in seeing a doc tho
See a doctor to make sure things are fine.
Hope all is well 😯
Oops semi old thread. Bit late on my advice. But better late than never. By this time im assuming you've seen the doctors?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest