The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Gone to the upstairs laptop as Trump and Clinton were giving me information about things during the debate. My spouse gets so angry when I tell her about this kind of thing. Today's response: "are you ****ing retarded?". I'm worried the messages are important but I'm not allowed to watch any more. :/

btw guise, I'm seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow morning and will be asking her to write a letter to the disability department at my uni. it needs to include info about the kind of academic accommodations I want. All I've thought of so far is exams in a smaller room (voices are louder when there's a lot of people, also afternoon exams as I'm completely out of it tired in the mornings because of the quetiapine. So anyway, can anyone here tell me things they found useful in their studying and exams? Would really appreciate any suggestions. :smile:
Dont know how to express how im feeling other than empty and sad.

Not sure if its because im now on a lower dose or its just a coincidence.
I think before i was either numb to feelings or just supressing them, but now im just empty.

Got lots of stuff on my mind, and i dunno how to figure everything out. I dunno wether to write things down somewhere or what.
I guess the past few months iv mostly been bottling things up, even though my ex complained i never spoke to him about stuff, but i did, and now i dont really have anyone to speak to about stuff so im back to bottling it all up like i used to do at school. And that wasnt good.

Also bought **** yesterday after like over 3 years of not smoking. It feels good in the moment but the taste afterwards is vile. But earlier i sat looking out my bedroom window just staring at the dark streets listening to the wind blowing and it was just bliss.

Urgh. Dunno what to do. Feel like im going down hill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Have you tried doxcycline or i think its called lymecycline?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, both. Currently been on doxcycline for months. No change. :/
Original post by Sabertooth
Gone to the upstairs laptop as Trump and Clinton were giving me information about things during the debate. My spouse gets so angry when I tell her about this kind of thing. Today's response: "are you ****ing retarded?". I'm worried the messages are important but I'm not allowed to watch any more. :/

btw guise, I'm seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow morning and will be asking her to write a letter to the disability department at my uni. it needs to include info about the kind of academic accommodations I want. All I've thought of so far is exams in a smaller room (voices are louder when there's a lot of people, also afternoon exams as I'm completely out of it tired in the mornings because of the quetiapine. So anyway, can anyone here tell me things they found useful in their studying and exams? Would really appreciate any suggestions. :smile:

Getting notes etc sent to you before class? I get that and it's helpful.

I'm sorry about your wife. :console: she doesn't sound to be rather understanding atm.
Being near exit. Being able to take a break during the exam. Which they can do as long as your isolated from anyone who may have taken the test. It's a reasonable adjustment they can make for people with dsylexia or other learning disabilities
Feeling absolutely rubbish, can't stop screwing up everything I do. Wish I could just pack up and leave but I can't. I have nobody to talk to, I try explain to my boyfriend but he doesn't get it, I feel so trapped in my life.
Original post by Anonymous
Feeling absolutely rubbish, can't stop screwing up everything I do. Wish I could just pack up and leave but I can't. I have nobody to talk to, I try explain to my boyfriend but he doesn't get it, I feel so trapped in my life.

Sitting with you x

--

I'm supposed to be at uni for my first lectures today but uni is 45 mins away from my therapy and I can't get there in time. Prioritising my therapy feels less good today. Also my routine with therapy is about to be shaken up because 2 hours between lectures is not long enough to get there and back. Hate having therapy at beginning of day when it upsets the parts. Especially when it means I'm not safe to drive so I'd miss lecture anyway

I know..first world problems really. In grand scheme of my mental illness. Plus side is that therapy will stop being hours before I see clients.

Do anyone find that they're all out of sorts all week and then therapy day things realign? I've been in child part all week (pretty much) and today I'm all organised and adult. Good for driving. Bad for therapy because this part really needs to present.
Decided on going against uni, once and for all, I am always tempted to apply every cycle, but I was speaking to my advisor yesterday and when I said my long term goals are to get a 40 hour job (didn't tell him about the course as I was sorta of umming and ahhing anyway) he kinda shook his head and smiled wryly, my history is not great when at uni, I'm much better now but still nowhere near "well", plus 3 years is a long time, I might change my focus, I might lose motivation, etc I could, if I wanted, do an AS or something in the subject, which would be a year as opposed to three. There's other options.
Dont know how to express how im feeling other than empty and sad.

Not sure if its because im now on a lower dose or its just a coincidence.
I think before i was either numb to feelings or just supressing them, but now im just empty.

Got lots of stuff on my mind, and i dunno how to figure everything out. I dunno wether to write things down somewhere or what.
I guess the past few months iv mostly been bottling things up, even though my ex complained i never spoke to him about stuff, but i did, and now i dont really have anyone to speak to about stuff so im back to bottling it all up like i used to do at school. And that wasnt good.

Also bought **** yesterday after like over 3 years of not smoking. It feels good in the moment but the taste afterwards is vile. But earlier i sat looking out my bedroom window just staring at the dark streets listening to the wind blowing and it was just bliss.

Urgh. Dunno what to do. Feel like im going down hill.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If **** is what I think it is, yes it's ok in moderation but you can become reliant (I don't mean to to preach and you probably know all that just don't want it to affect your health in the long run!). *
Reply 3169
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Decided on going against uni, once and for all, I am always tempted to apply every cycle, but I was speaking to my advisor yesterday and when I said my long term goals are to get a 40 hour job (didn't tell him about the course as I was sorta of umming and ahhing anyway) he kinda shook his head and smiled wryly, my history is not great when at uni, I'm much better now but still nowhere near "well", plus 3 years is a long time, I might change my focus, I might lose motivation, etc I could, if I wanted, do an AS or something in the subject, which would be a year as opposed to three. There's other options.

This is me, I've been going back and forth deciding about university of 6 years. I would love to but the state of my mental health won't allow it. But I feel like such a disappointment because I can't get a job over minimum wage. At the minute I'm currently debating taking a part time degree but lack of motivation means it probably won't ever happen
Original post by Tw1x
This is me, I've been going back and forth deciding about university of 6 years. I would love to but the state of my mental health won't allow it. But I feel like such a disappointment because I can't get a job over minimum wage. At the minute I'm currently debating taking a part time degree but lack of motivation means it probably won't ever happen

I've actually been and dropped out. I'd never be able to do the course I originally applied for at the same uni as it'd be too much pressure, so anything else would be a consolation, I'd still do it, but it's a lot of money to bank on something you may drop out of/fail etc
Original post by Anonymous
If **** is what I think it is, yes it's ok in moderation but you can become reliant (I don't mean to to preach and you probably know all that just don't want it to affect your health in the long run!). *

This was me btw, damn auto anon.*
Open University is really really flexible for mental health difficulties/disability. You can have recording devices for lectures, additional materials. I had a talking book because multiple sources helps me learn better. They are really flexible on a lot of deadlines and you can defer examinable components.

I transferred to brick because despite all those adjustments, I still learn better face to face on more regular basis. But I'm scared. With open uni, you read the books and all the info is there. Read and pass. Brick uni is an unknown for me.

Also with open uni you can claim a qualification at any point along the way as long as you have enough credits. So I studied the equivalent of first year at brick uni and now have a certificate in higher education. Get to the equivalent to second year and you can claim diploma of higher ed. or you can do the full degree. Unlike brick where you'd lose that study with nothing to show employers, with open uni you have something - which is especially good for people like us who struggle to study but have the intelligence to do higher education
Reply 3173
Original post by Danny the Geezer
I've actually been and dropped out. I'd never be able to do the course I originally applied for at the same uni as it'd be too much pressure, so anything else would be a consolation, I'd still do it, but it's a lot of money to bank on something you may drop out of/fail etc

I applied twice and withdrew my application - I'm just not up for it even though I really want to do it. I just paid for some online courses but I just don't have the motivation, whenever I read now the words just don't sink in, I forget what I've read 2 minutes later. Finance is also a big deal for me too, I need to work to pay my rent/bills and part time would not cover it. I'm entitled to next to nothing so don't really have much choice in the matter
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Yeah, she's the only one of my siblings left in the same house who actually talks to me.
It's not a good time, also, when I've just started sixth form and don't want to be going about it alone.

Yeah :s-smilie: I'm slightly different in that I'm older than mine, everyone keeps moving on and I'm just stuck. People on here are amazing but only so much they can do. We'll get there though, and you'll still be in contact with her

Original post by ~Tara~
Open University is really really flexible for mental health difficulties/disability. You can have recording devices for lectures, additional materials. I had a talking book because multiple sources helps me learn better. They are really flexible on a lot of deadlines and you can defer examinable components.

I transferred to brick because despite all those adjustments, I still learn better face to face on more regular basis. But I'm scared. With open uni, you read the books and all the info is there. Read and pass. Brick uni is an unknown for me.

Also with open uni you can claim a qualification at any point along the way as long as you have enough credits. So I studied the equivalent of first year at brick uni and now have a certificate in higher education. Get to the equivalent to second year and you can claim diploma of higher ed. or you can do the full degree. Unlike brick where you'd lose that study with nothing to show employers, with open uni you have something - which is especially good for people like us who struggle to study but have the intelligence to do higher education

This is worth knowing. I've had to defer uni for the third year in a row, is rather go to a brick uni but I think if that doesn't happen next year I'll try and give open uni a go maybe. Don't know. Struggling to think about the future right now but think general aim is try and keep going until christmas then somehow work out what I want to do.

------
Got some kind of MH assessment thing this afternoon and really worried about it. Rationally I know it should be okay but just come at the wrong time. Last time they kept mentioning hospital and I know I'm better now but can't get it out of my head.

Don't post on here so often any more but just don't know what to do.

:hugs: anyone that needs them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airmed
Yeah, both. Currently been on doxcycline for months. No change. :/

Ahhh that sucks big time. Doxycycline worked wonders for me. Maybe ask to try that limecycline i think its called that also worked really well for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahhh that sucks big time. Doxycycline worked wonders for me. Maybe ask to try that limecycline i think its called that also worked really well for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was on that first and it didn't work. Gotta stick it out for the dermatologist appointment
I've been doing really well lately and haven't felt depressed in a long time. Now I did something that my friends don't like, so none of my close friends will talk to me, I'm really anxious about having to go into school, and I can't will myself to revise for an important test, even though I really need too. I keep swinging in and out of being okay and being not okay and crying, but I don't know what to do because my close friends, who were my support network, refuse to talk to me.
I'm new here. :hugs: to everyone
Been lurking around for a while but never really posted before :getmecoat:
Gone nuts at uni :cry:

Original post by Skysweeper
I'm new here. :hugs: to everyone
Been lurking around for a while but never really posted before :getmecoat:

:hi:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest