The Student Room Group

My Year 10 Revision Thread To A* 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
so you haven't started reading one of your GCSE books in English?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 101
I am doing :
Maths
English Language+Literature
Triple Science
Psychology
Geography
Business Studies

Talk about yourself
Tell what your taking
How you going to Succeed ?
What you target aims to get at the End?
Are you taking any Subjects before 2018?
What books you have bought to revise and home and succeed?
What notes you want me to post?
Original post by mayu123
Oh nice :smile: You know the revision books you had for science the oxford University or something can you show me how it looks like please.We have 4 Biology 4 Chemisty and 3 Physics.

Oh cool im doing Inspector calls at the moment and i totally enjoying it xXx
For Shakespeare we are doing Romeo and Juliet as well and i dont know anything about the book because i dont have it so i haven't read it and i bet its going to be hard but im not sure however my sister can help me because she did the same Shakespeare book xXx.

I got the York notes for Inspector calls
Just wondering, Do you go to any tuition?

Spoiler

I don't go to any tution and never have and I've mainly taught myself a lot. I can send some pics of the books. They are all really good.
WIN_20160925_13_10_15_Pro.jpg
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Reply 103
Original post by babsie120
I don't go to any tution and never have and I've mainly taught myself a lot. I can send some pics of the books. They are all really good.
WIN_20160925_13_10_15_Pro.jpg
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Wow i was wondering of buying that book the third edition but I dont know what the difference is between all the others but i might buy that one.How do you revsie the notes in that book ??xD:biggrin:
Reply 104
Im so greedy like this Rat im Hungry going to upload some things on here after i gone to have a shower xD SEE ya's Xd:biggrin:
Original post by mayu123
Wow i was wondering of buying that book the third edition but I dont know what the difference is between all the others but i might buy that one.How do you revsie the notes in that book ??xD:biggrin:

What I usually do is look through the notes in the book and try to make notes on my computer or in a note book and see what I didn't write down in class. Then i try to use the notes to answer questions and then without the notes mark them and see what I know then look more closely at them with the books. Also, I use CGP exam style questions booklets to see how I am at answering those.
Reply 106
What I usually do is look through the notes in the book and try to make notes on my computer or in a note book and see what I didn't write down in class. Then i try to use the notes to answer questions and then without the notes mark them and see what I know then look more closely at them with the books. Also, I use CGP exam style questions booklets to see how I am at answering those.

aww WOW i grantee you that you are going to get good grades Do you recommend me getting those books,where did you get the book from as well as that did postage cost extra money ??:h:
Original post by mayu123
aww WOW i grantee you that you are going to get good grades Do you recommend me getting those books,where did you get the book from as well as that did postage cost extra money ??:h:

I would definitely recommend them as I think they really helped me get a 7a in every test last year. The exam workbooks were also really good at getting me used to exam questions.
CGP books i get from CGP directly as they are next day delivery and as I bulk buy my revision guides, as in I got all my GCSE ones for maths and english at once, It says it is £2.50 delivery and I think if you spend over £40 it is free but you probably won't but if you buy 2 for each science you will with the revision guide. I also buy there english text guides as they as well as york notes are really good at helping me understand the text more. Here is the link: https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/Student/books_gcse
For the oxford university press ones I would recommend buying through amazon as they have good delivery and it is free and if you are a prime member it is next day and even if not you only wait a few days
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 108
I would definitely recommend them as I think they really helped me get a 7a in every test last year. The exam workbooks were also really good at getting me used to exam questions.
CGP books i get from CGP directly as they are next day delivery and as I bulk buy my revision guides, as in I got all my GCSE ones for maths and english at once, It says it is £2.50 delivery and I think if you spend over £40 it is free but you probably won't but if you buy 2 for each science you will with the revision guide. I also buy there english text guides as they as well as york notes are really good at helping me understand the text more. Here is the link: https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/Student/books_gcse
For the oxford university press ones I would recommend buying through amazon as they have good delivery and it is free and if you are a prime member it is next day and even if not you only wait a few days

pardon where did you buy the science books from ??
Original post by mayu123
pardon where did you buy the science books from ??

textbooks (oxford university press)- Amazon
work books (CGP)- CGP
You might also find CGP books in whsmith or waterstones but they probably won't have many and it is a bit of hit and miss.
Reply 110
textbooks (oxford university press)- Amazon
work books (CGP)- CGP
You might also find CGP books in whsmith or waterstones but they probably won't have many and it is a bit of hit and miss.

what textbook does your school follow by ??
Original post by mayu123
what textbook does your school follow by ??

Well last year we use oxford university press only but this year we are using them and hodder education ones as well as the old ones occasionally..
Reply 112
Well last year we use oxford university press only but this year we are using them and hodder education ones as well as the old ones occasionally..

ohh k idk wht ma school is following by so im going to ask what grades are you aiming for ?:h:
Original post by mayu123
so you haven't started reading one of your GCSE books in English?

No... I didn't even know we had those...
Reply 114
do you know by any chance what book your doing ??:h:
Original post by mayu123
ohh k idk wht ma school is following by so im going to ask what grades are you aiming for ?:h:

Well ideally I want to try and get a no lower than a 7 in each science but I really want to get an 8/9 in each science. I think if I did get a 9 i'm more likely to get it in physics as it is my strongest science mainly because there is quite a lot of maths involved. Realistically I think i would be happy with 8's or 7's but I am going to try and get a 9.
The set bellow me, which is top set combined got told they are expected 8 and 9's then the teacher decided the next day that actually she would only accept 9's. I only think at most I could get it in one science but I am going to try and get the best grade I can.
Reply 116
Well ideally I want to try and get a no lower than a 7 in each science but I really want to get an 8/9 in each science. I think if I did get a 9 i'm more likely to get it in physics as it is my strongest science mainly because there is quite a lot of maths involved. Realistically I think i would be happy with 8's or 7's but I am going to try and get a 9.
The set bellow me, which is top set combined got told they are expected 8 and 9's then the teacher decided the next day that actually she would only accept 9's. I only think at most I could get it in one science but I am going to try and get the best grade I can.

Im in top set in science doing trip le science and i wanna get the highest grade available
no idea
Reply 118
wht do you no idea abt ??
Original post by mayu123
wht do you no idea abt ??

oh, sorry... no idea about what book we're gonna do in English

Quick Reply

Latest