The Student Room Group

How did Hillary win the first debate?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2016_GCSE
Well he has the business skills

You mean like how he went bankrupt five times? And how he refuses to release his tax return because he's incredibly thin-skinned about his net worth?

that Hillary has less of and with masses of debt the U.S.A needs to turn it around.

Obviously like most Trump supporters you are extremely confused and ignorant about the American system of government. Hillary Clinton has never been in control of the US budget.

Also, just because someone has been in business doesn't mean they'd therefore be skilled at governing, let alone someone like Trump who has repeatedly failed in business and is massively in debt. We can look at their personal finances; Hillary Clinton is not in personal debt, she has carefully saved and invested her money. Trump has repeatedly blown his money and gone bankrupt, even with the $200 million he inherited from his father
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by AlexanderHam
You remind me of the sort of dropout failures in high school who, after failing exam after exam, would say, "I could pass the test if I wanted to. I just don't wanna". Sure, I believe you :wink:

Well I can still talk and understand you so I got no big deal.
I'm so glad that the Daily Mail has gone to the effort of explaining why the CNN poll was biased towards Clinton, but hasn't extended this same forensic analysis to all of the polls purporting to support Trump.
Reply 43
You mean like how he went bankrupt five times? And how he refuses to release his tax return because he's incredibly thin-skinned about his net worth?

Obviously like most Trump supporters you are extremely confused and ignorant about the American system of government. Hillary Clinton has never been in control of the US budget.

His business still exists and in the UK 1 in 3 businesses go bust within the first year (In America this is probably worse) so for Trump to go bust 5 times shows he has the strength to pull through and that is what a leader really needs to have.

She might not have been in control of the budget but she has a influence on what happens.
Well he has the business skills that Hillary has less of and with masses of debt the U.S.A needs to turn it around.

Did you openly hear him say he was smart for not paying millions in federal tax.
Did you hear him backtrack on saying Hillary couldn't be president because because of her look?
Did you hear him side step explaining his methods for anything he's proposed??
Did you hear him defend himself supporting the housing crisis??

And you still support him?? Maybe Hillary isn't the best person for the job, but she's about a million people ahead of Trump, on who should be president. He is literally one of the worst prepared delusional person to run that country.

HE HAS NO PLAN!!

DID YOU WATCH THE DEBATE??

Also this might expain why you might have seen so many polls 'claiming' Trump won:
http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/9/27/13072668/debate-trump-clinton-polls
Oye, passionate Trump fan claiming election was fixed innit, what about those nonplussed Americans who wished neither of them became president?
Plus OP citing mostly British publications who don't really care about the election over there, they just suck the genitals of whoever becomes president

She might not have been in control of the budget but she has a influence on what happens.

What influence? What years?
Yeah. Trump lost the debate. Partly it was because Clinton hit him in his ego, where it hurts and she did well.

Partly, it was because Holt was a shill that pushed Trump on all his lies while ignoring all Hillary's.

Neither are any good, but Holt may as well have said "Being paid by a Democrat."
Reply 48
What influence? What years?

30 years in government:
U.S. Senate 2001 (First lady to take this role)

67th U.S Senate of State in 2009 to 2013

Is that enough to influence?
Well he has the business skills that Hillary has less of and with masses of debt the U.S.A needs to turn it around.

Right okay, sure. And how will he do that? By not paying countries for their trade? Just like he did with his clubhouse (not paying the workers for their materials and labour)? Or like the millions of dollars he's not paying in tax? Yeah, keep all the money that's not yours! Woop!
Reply 50
Original post by KittyKF
Right okay, sure. And how will he do that? By not paying countries for their trade? Just like he did with his clubhouse (not paying the workers for their materials and labour)? Or like the millions of dollars he's not paying in tax? Yeah, keep all the money that's not yours! Woop!

Well you see the Clinton wants higher taxes and wages that is going to put company's off hiring and send company's out of the country!

Trump wants lower taxes making the U.S.A a magnet and stricter rules on business leaving the U.S.A.

I can understand Trump not paying taxes. They are too damn high! But Trump is not the only company to not pay tax.
30 years in government

30 years ago Hillary Clinton was the First Lady of Arkansas. No involvement whatsoever in federal politics. In the Clinton administration she had no policy roles post 1994 and no involvement in budget matters whatsoever.

During her time in the Senate, the Republican Party had the presidency and a majority in the house.

67th U.S Senate of State in 2009 to 2013

You mean Secretary of State? The Secretary of State has no involvement in budget matters.

It's very clear you don't have a clue. Literally, you're ****ing clueless about American politics and the American system of government. You blame Clinton for things that happened under Republican administrations, things over which she had no influence, things that happened years before she was even involved (even tangentially) in federal politics.

Your entire position on this is basically hearing Trump say "You've been in power for 30 years", and like all of his other low intelligence supporters who know pretty much nothing about American politics, going "Oh, okay. Clinton = establishment therefore everything that has happened in the last 30 years is her fault".

It's a very obvious strategy from Trump; identify Clinton as the personification of the establishment and therefore everything becomes her fault. Stupid, uneducated people are quite liable to believe this. People who have even the faintest knowledge of Clinton's positions, of what senators and secretaries of state do, of how the US budget process works, know how idiotic a claim it is

So again, I ask you; how is the US deficit Clinton's fault? Which years deficits are you saying she is responsible for? Try to be specific.
Well you see the Clinton wants higher taxes and wages that is going to put company's off hiring and send company's out of the country!

Trump wants lower taxes making the U.S.A a magnet and stricter rules on business leaving the U.S.A.

I can understand Trump not paying taxes. They are too damn high! But Trump is not the only company to not pay tax.

Too damn high?! He supposedly has millions?! That is fair!
He needs to learn how to be careful with money. He's been bankrupt 5 times and that's without paying tax! And you want him in charge of the population's money?!
Reply 53
30 years ago Hillary Clinton was the First Lady of Arkansas. No involvement whatsoever in federal politics. In the Clinton administration she had no policy roles post 1994 and no involvement in budget matters whatsoever.

During her time in the Senate, the Republican Party had the presidency and a majority in the house.

You mean Secretary of State? The Secretary of State has no involvement in budget matters.

It's very clear you don't have a clue. Literally, you're ****ing clueless about American politics and the American system of government. You blame Clinton for things that happened under Republican administrations, things over which she had no influence, things that happened years before she was even involved (even tangentially) in federal politics.

Your entire position on this is basically hearing Trump say "You've been in power for 30 years", and like all of his other low intelligence supporters who know pretty much nothing about American politics, going "Oh, okay. Clinton = establishment therefore everything that has happened in the last 30 years is her fault".

It's a very obvious strategy from Trump; identify Clinton as the personification of the establishment and therefore everything becomes her fault. Stupid, uneducated people are quite liable to believe this. People who have even the faintest knowledge of Clinton's positions, of what senators and secretaries of state do, of how the US budget process works, know how idiotic a claim it is

So again, I ask you; how is the US deficit Clinton's fault? Which years deficits are you saying she is responsible for? Try to be specific.

Well she supports the wrong things.
And how he refuses to release his tax return because he's incredibly thin-skinned about his net worth?

I'm completely sure it's not because he made some donations to NAMBLA. After all, no man as vocally heterosexual as he is has ever turned out to be into sex with young men...
Reply 55
Original post by KittyKF
Too damn high?! He supposedly has millions?! That is fair!
He needs to learn how to be careful with money. He's been bankrupt 5 times and that's without paying tax! And you want him in charge of the population's money?!

Well many company's go bankrupt. For Trump to turn his company around 5 times is amazing.

No you support the wrong things
Reply 57
Original post by DoodleDee
No you support the wrong things

I can't support a old weak lady towards presidency. And America needs to turn it's debt around and Trump is the right guy for that.
Well many company's go bankrupt. For Trump to turn his company around 5 times is amazing.

No, he's just lucky. One of the times his dads inheritance saved him. He borrows money off people to set it up again... with his business area if it happens 5 times it's his fault, not luck

So now you're hedging? You implicitly accept that the entire basis of your criticism was worthless (and in so doing admit you are clueless and we have no reason to take anything you say about American politics seriously), but now want to open a new area of criticism?

What "wrong things" has she supported? I repeatedly ask you to be specific and then you hedge and avoid, because you have no substance. You're just a shallow, flakey hick whose entire conception of politics is based around supporting people who appeal to your prejudices and assumptions.

None of your positions are based on any sort of research or analysis, or thinking of your own. You just gratefully receive talking points from Trump and dutifully repeat them, having no clue what they mean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending