The Student Room Group

How did Hillary win the first debate?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2016_GCSE
I can't support a old weak lady towards presidency. And America needs to turn it's debt around and Trump is the right guy for that.

Someone that thinks its smart not to pay millions in tax, supports the recession for personal gain and doesn't have a clue about politics is the right person?
Sure.

Also you didn't answer my previous post regarding what he said in the debate and why the polls seem to think he won... maybe you realised Trump lost that debate majorly??
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by AlexanderHam
So now you're hedging? You implicitly accept that the entire basis of your criticism was worthless (and in so doing admit you are clueless and we have no reason to take anything you say about American politics seriously), but now want to open a new area of criticism?

What "wrong things" has she supported? I repeatedly ask you to be specific and then you hedge and avoid, because you have no substance. You're just a shallow, flakey hick whose entire conception of politics is based around supporting people who appeal to your prejudices and assumptions.

None of your positions are based on any sort of research or analysis, or thinking of your own. You just gratefully receive talking points from Trump and dutifully repeat them, having no clue what they mean.

I hate her policies. They have no appeal to me. That's all.
I can't support a old weak lady towards
presidency.

The only person who is old and weak is Trump, who was sniffling and gasping for air all night and who was obviously extremely tired out from debating for 2 hours. Clinton was alert throughout.

And America needs to turn it's debt around and Trump is the right guy for that.

As if you have even the most basic understanding of the American budget process, but somehow we should take your opinions seriously about American budget matters? Or take Trump's opinion on budget matters seriously; a man who has gone bankrupt 5 times.

You don't know what any of her policies are :lol:

I'm going to stop debating with you here. It's very clear you are clueless about politics and have nothing to contribute.
Reply 64
The only person who is old and weak is Trump, who was sniffling and gasping for air all night and who was obviously extremely tired out from debating for 2 hours. Clinton was alert throughout.

As if you have even the most basic understanding of the American budget process, but somehow we should take your opinions seriously about American budget matters? Or take Trump's opinion on budget matters seriously; a man who has gone bankrupt 5 times.

He's gone bankrupt and recovered 5 times.

If America went bankrupt i'm sure he would turn it around.
POLLS from REAL PEOPLE say OTHERWISE! And I am not judging the papers overall. I am judging how they handled this topic.

Open polls which anyone in the world can take part in (most of whom aren't US voters) and any right-wing web forum can brigade ( Which Stormfront.org, /pol/ and r/The_Donald have).

Do you not understand why that may make these polls unreliable?
Reply 66
You don't know what any of her policies are :lol:

I'm going to stop debating with you here. It's very clear you are clueless about politics and have nothing to contribute.

35% tax increase.

Green energy (Pointless)

And the rest a re weak.
Reply 67
Original post by DavidSilvaMCFC
Open polls which anyone in the world can take part in (most of whom aren't US voters) and any right-wing web forum can brigade ( Which Stormfront.org, /pol/ and r/The_Donald have).

Do you not understand why that may make these polls unreliable?

Checked them this morning (4 am) and guess who still lead most? Donald.

which polls did you check? the open polls which anyone and not only US voters can vote in? Do you really not understand why these polls that use this methodology are unreliable?
Reply 69
imo neither won it

out of 10, I'd give Hillary a 5 and Trump a 3
So now you're hedging? You implicitly accept that the entire basis of your criticism was worthless (and in so doing admit you are clueless and we have no reason to take anything you say about American politics seriously), but now want to open a new area of criticism?

What "wrong things" has she supported? I repeatedly ask you to be specific and then you hedge and avoid, because you have no substance. You're just a shallow, flakey hick whose entire conception of politics is based around supporting people who appeal to your prejudices and assumptions.

None of your positions are based on any sort of research or analysis, or thinking of your own. You just gratefully receive talking points from Trump and dutifully repeat them, having no clue what they mean.

Bloody well said.

This is the thing, you haven't actually stated what any of her policies are or why you dislike them. Not liking her is fine as long as you understand why you dislike her. But I don't think you really do understand why. You've just repeated what you've heard from Alex Jones or what you've read on Breitbart
Reply 72
which polls did you check? the open polls which anyone and not only US voters can vote in? Do you really not understand why these polls that use this methodology are unreliable?

Well at that time other English speaking countries are hardly awake and the debates were just a couple of hours earlier so there probably is little distortion. And many people from other countries could be pushing Hillary up too so there you go.
Reply 73
This is the thing, you haven't actually stated what any of her policies are or why you dislike them. Not liking her is fine as long as you understand why you dislike her. But I don't think you really do understand why. You've just repeated what you've heard from Alex Jones or what you've read on Breitbart

Well they tell the truth (mostly).

But her anger is something I would not like to see in the white house and her words of going to war over a cyber hack. That is a bad idea.

Did you watch the debate?
And do you think Donald performed well?
Reply 75
Original post by DoodleDee
Did you watch the debate?
And do you think Donald performed well?

Yes. He was just very focused on keeping his cool.
Yes. He was just very focused on keeping his cool.

So focused on keeping his cool, that he couldn't deliver a good argument to anything
Reply 77
Original post by DoodleDee
So focused on keeping his cool, that he couldn't deliver a good argument to anything

Well he was been logical about it rather than pulling a Adolf
Original post by KittyKF
Idiots... The Independent is the most trustworthy as it doesn't have any ties to massive polictical parties -_-

The Independent? The left-wing paper which surprisingly backed the Coalition government in the last GE when their owner was coincidentally a non-dom?

The Independent ceased to be trustworthy or impartial the moment Lebedev took over in 2010.
It actually made me uncomfortable to watch Trump speak on the debate stage. Most of his statements were just a few notches below ranting and a large amount of them were nonsensical.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending