The Student Room Group

GCSE Options

I'm in yr 10 and an I'm kind of confused. How many subjects do i do?The subjects that I am doing are:
- Maths
- Double Science
- English
- Re (Compulsory)
- Geography
- French
- Art

Btw is English considered as one or two GCSEs .
And since I'm doing Double Science aren't I supposed to have more than 7 subjects?
Some people only take English Language, some people take both english language and literature. Language and literature is usually taught together by the same teacher but it doesn't have to be. This is something you have to ask your school. And also Double Science counts as 2 GCSEs.
Original post by GCSE_18
I'm in yr 10 and an I'm kind of confused. How many subjects do i do?The subjects that I am doing are:
- Maths
- Double Science
- English
- Re (Compulsory)
- Geography
- French
- Art

Btw is English considered as one or two GCSEs .
And since I'm doing Double Science aren't I supposed to have more than 7 subjects?

If you're doing EnglishLang you're likely doing English Lit too. It's not a requirement, but most schools teach both. Also, Double Science counts as two GCSEs: Science and Additional Science
Original post by BobBobson
Some people only take English Language, some people take both english language and literature. Language and literature is usually taught together by the same teacher but it doesn't have to be. This is something you have to ask your school. And also Double Science counts as 2 GCSEs.

Thank you
Original post by _gcx
If you're doing EnglishLang you're likely doing English Lit too. It's not a requirement, but most schools teach both. Also, Double Science counts as two GCSEs: Science and Additional Science

Thank you, but can you tell me if I'm missing any other subject because for now i only have 7 subjects. I'm sure i need more than that.
Original post by GCSE_18
Thank you, but can you tell me if I'm missing any other subject because for now i only have 7 subjects. I'm sure i need more than that.

You have 8 or 9, which should be fine.
Original post by _gcx
You have 8 or 9, which should be fine.

Wait how do i have 8 or 9
Original post by GCSE_18
Wait how do i have 8 or 9

It depends if your school is doing EngLit or not, which it probably is. You can always ask for clarification.
Original post by _gcx
It depends if your school is doing EngLit or not, which it probably is. You can always ask for clarification.

Oh ok thank you sooo much. I really appreciate it:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest