The Student Room Group

Virgin Media Retail Sales Executive Telephone Interview

Booked a telephone interview and I'm nervous what questions they'll ask! Does anyone know what questions will come up in the telephone interview, has anyone had a telephone interview for this role? How was it?
Original post by crazyy
Booked a telephone interview and I'm nervous what questions they'll ask! Does anyone know what questions will come up in the telephone interview, has anyone had a telephone interview for this role? How was it?

Sorry to see that you have not any responses to this.

I haven't had any experience with Virgin Media but I would say in general for telephone interviews, I'm sure there are guides online somewhere but:

Check that you're confident on talking about anything on your CV, as well as an application that you may have filled out to get to this stage. Rehearsing answers definitely helps, eg if you're asked 'talk about a time you worked as a team to achieve something' then use the STAR technique (google it) or something similar and even practice on someone if you can to make sure you're coming across clearly, not waffling (which is hard to do!) and your tone of voice is okay / sounds engaging.

Also do research into the company and be prepared to talk about what interests you / what issues or news stories there currently are about them that interest you. The interviewer may offer you the chance to ask them questions and these are the kinds of things you should ask them about to show a genuine interest in the role/company.

Finally it is okay to have notes in front of you, but they say that you can't sound like you're reading directly off something, so even if you are, try to disguise it! If you have multiple pages of notes then lay them out so that they don't have to hear you rustling bits of paper.

Good luck!
Original post by SeanFM
Sorry to see that you have not any responses to this.

I haven't had any experience with Virgin Media but I would say in general for telephone interviews, I'm sure there are guides online somewhere but:

Check that you're confident on talking about anything on your CV, as well as an application that you may have filled out to get to this stage. Rehearsing answers definitely helps, eg if you're asked 'talk about a time you worked as a team to achieve something' then use the STAR technique (google it) or something similar and even practice on someone if you can to make sure you're coming across clearly, not waffling (which is hard to do!) and your tone of voice is okay / sounds engaging.

Also do research into the company and be prepared to talk about what interests you / what issues or news stories there currently are about them that interest you. The interviewer may offer you the chance to ask them questions and these are the kinds of things you should ask them about to show a genuine interest in the role/company.

Finally it is okay to have notes in front of you, but they say that you can't sound like you're reading directly off something, so even if you are, try to disguise it! If you have multiple pages of notes then lay them out so that they don't have to hear you rustling bits of paper.

Good luck!

Already done the Telephone Interview before this reply. But I appreciate the answer. I also agree that rehearsing is very important!!! It's the reason I passed :smile:
Since it's also a telephone interview, you can write down potential questions and answers and read it out if they ask you that question :biggrin: just in case you get stressed easily (like me :frown: )
Original post by crazyy
Already done the Telephone Interview before this reply. But I appreciate the answer. I also agree that rehearsing is very important!!! It's the reason I passed :smile:
Since it's also a telephone interview, you can write down potential questions and answers and read it out if they ask you that question :biggrin: just in case you get stressed easily (like me :frown: )

Good job :h: that was a quick response time as well :tongue: what's the next stage now, or have you got the job? :tongue:
Original post by SeanFM
Good job :h: that was a quick response time as well :tongue: what's the next stage now, or have you got the job? :tongue:

Thanks! They said that they would email me something so that I can book a face to face interview, I don't expect anything until the weekend is over. I was also told about a 7 day residential course I will need to go if I were to pass the F2F interview (which I did not expect and really want to to go to to liven up my boring summer), I will get more information about this though later on.
Original post by crazyy
Thanks! They said that they would email me something so that I can book a face to face interview, I don't expect anything until the weekend is over. I was also told about a 7 day residential course I will need to go if I were to pass the F2F interview (which I did not expect and really want to to go to to liven up my boring summer), I will get more information about this though later on.

:eek4: so almost there! Good job, and good luck once again :tongue:
Original post by crazyy

Hi was wondering what sort of questions they asked as I have a phone interview soon.
Original post by yusuf_777
Hi was wondering what sort of questions they asked as I have a phone interview soon.

The amount of questions I had to answer...
Some of the questions I was asked were:
Why you want the job
What does the role entail
Tell me a time where you had to persuade someone (change someones opinion on something)
What do you know about Virgin Media
Sorry these are only about a 10th of the questions I can remember. The best thing to do would be to research on the company and the role you have applied for and also list down all your experiences whether it's your previous or participating in a cupcake sale at school.
Good luck.
Original post by crazyy
The amount of questions I had to answer...
Some of the questions I was asked were:
Why you want the job
What does the role entail
Tell me a time where you had to persuade someone (change someones opinion on something)
What do you know about Virgin Media
Sorry these are only about a 10th of the questions I can remember. The best thing to do would be to research on the company and the role you have applied for and also list down all your experiences whether it's your previous or participating in a cupcake sale at school.
Good luck.

thanks a lot
hi i have a couple of telephone interviews in next 2 days 1 is for virgin so was just wondering if anyone could add more to wht the person said above as to other questions they was asked

thanks for any help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending