The Student Room Group

Can you apply for a course that doesn't exactly match ur ps?

In my personal statement i state i want to apply for a 'maths with finance and accounting' course but there are unis that i want to apply to that don't offer the exact course, or the course names don't match the name exactly. Like i want to apply to loughborough for maths with financial management and accounting and to exeter for maths with accounting (which includes finance content in the course)- so would it be fine to apply for these courses?
(edited 7 years ago)
I would advise amending your personal statement slightly so it covers all of the courses you're applying for. If you do not wish to do this then do not apply for those courses.
Its a tricky one, I applied for Ancient History/Classics with one PS and thankfully it was open enough to include both but I see the challenge.
Reply 3
Original post by TitanCream
Its a tricky one, I applied for Ancient History/Classics with one PS and thankfully it was open enough to include both but I see the challenge.

I've changed it, saying that i just want to study these subjects at uni, keeping it more general rather than saying ' i want to study this specific course'. Would you say that would be enough to cover my different course applications. Cheers
Original post by mavrick388
I've changed it, saying that i just want to study these subjects at uni, keeping it more general rather than saying ' i want to study this specific course'. Would you say that would be enough to cover my different course applications. Cheers

Should do. If I can't do the law course at kent I plan to do the politics and law course - I just added some politics stuff to my statement. Good luck.
Reply 5
Original post by Muttski
Should do. If I can't do the law course at kent I plan to do the politics and law course - I just added some politics stuff to my statement. Good luck.

I'm applying to kent too! Btw, what did you get in AS and what are you predicted?

Quick Reply

Latest