The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kimmyknx
Has anybody thought about contacting HMRC/Manpower in regards to the "Manpower will be in touch soon" email we got about 1-2 weeks ago?

Yea i already did they said it may be a number of weeks and just keep checking csr.
Reply 1601
Original post by Escapalda lamen
Yea i already did they said it may be a number of weeks and just keep checking csr.

Was that not the email asking for acceptance of provisional offer? Or did they say they would contact us again? Or is this in relation to the newer campaign?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GNH
Was that not the email asking for acceptance of provisional offer? Or did they say they would contact us again? Or is this in relation to the newer campaign?

Basically I have been asked to bring in documents on October 6th for an O grade role that I have also been successful for through TSP so I thought I would email HMRC/Manpower to ask whether I should go to hand in my documents or whether following my provisional offer from September 8th when they stated they will be in touch with my manager shortly and within 20 days that they will offer me a start date before October 6th. I came from the June campaign internal 1321/16

Posted from TSR Mobile
Basically I have been asked to bring in documents on October 6th for an O grade role that I have also been successful for through TSP so I thought I would email HMRC/Manpower to ask whether I should go to hand in my documents or whether following my provisional offer from September 8th when they stated they will be in touch with my manager shortly and within 20 days that they will offer me a start date before October 6th. I came from the June campaign internal 1321/16
I don't know how you only got the O grade? wasn't this for HO?
Original post by Waki7866
I don't know how you only got the O grade? wasn't this for HO?

Sorry to confuse I have been given two provisional offers one off the back of the TSP from last year which I have had a provisional offer since August and invited to bring documents in next week for. The other is for the HEO role which I am awaiting to hear back from so that I can get a start date. Provisional offer was given for that September 8th.
Anyone who's currently applying (September application) which locations have you selected? Have you finished your applications? I'm beginning my application now, am I right in thinking the online test is quite hard?
Sorry to confuse I have been given two provisional offers one off the back of the TSP from last year which I have had a provisional offer since August and invited to bring documents in next week for. The other is for the HEO role which I am awaiting to hear back from so that I can get a start date. Provisional offer was given for that September 8th.

Oh right....My friends just got told who applied for the 1000 Ho roles internally that they didn't get accepted....very very few got selected I think....one I know got invited to an interview already/...so defo thinks its a very quick turnaround this time....I cant remember the campaign number../but its the recent internal roles for 1000.
Original post by Waki7866
Oh right....My friends just got told who applied for the 1000 Ho roles internally that they didn't get accepted....very very few got selected I think....one I know got invited to an interview already/...so defo thinks its a very quick turnaround this time....I cant remember the campaign number../but its the recent internal roles for 1000.

Yea I applied for that as well as I didn't have the results of my last interview. They basically only assessed you on one competency making effective decisions. It isn't any quicker than before as the results of application forms has always been quick and then interviews within a month from that. Its the getting the results which is 2 months and then going from provisional offer to actually starting which takes ages.
Yea I applied for that as well as I didn't have the results of my last interview. They basically only assessed you on one competency making effective decisions. It isn't any quicker than before as the results of application forms has always been quick and then interviews within a month from that. Its the getting the results which is 2 months and then going from provisional offer to actually starting which takes ages.

One thing is for sure though the quality of answers they are looking for to get through to interview is much higher as I got through with the same competency before and this time got rejected.
One thing is for sure though the quality of answers they are looking for to get through to interview is much higher as I got through with the same competency before and this time got rejected.

That is definitely strange.....

I applied for a previous role with the same competencies and got 6 first time and the following time I got a 4...even though its a passmark....but definitely tougher....sometimes can depend who marks your answers...
Back to 1320/16 has anyone got any info ???
This process is doing my head in !!! how long are manpower going to take!!
Original post by gajman1987

You and me both.... It's actually not proving to be quicker at all....
Original post by memoryfish

I'm checking my emails every day hoping I'll hear something.... Nothing.... I know they said they'll be in touch with us but surely they must be doing some checks in the background. They can't be wasting time just sitting on their bums. I hope the next communication we have with them shows they've been productive in the last couple of weeks.....
Original post by 11222333abc
I'm checking my emails every day hoping I'll hear something.... Nothing.... I know they said they'll be in touch with us but surely they must be doing some checks in the background. They can't be wasting time just sitting on their bums. I hope the next communication we have with them shows they've been productive in the last couple of weeks.....

I just want some form of communication and a realistic timescale from them! Not bothered about their production. Also a contact number would be nice.
Original post by gajman1987

Original post by 11222333abc

You guys applied in June I take it? And you still haven't got told if you've got the job or not?
Original post by itsmyname
You guys applied in June I take it? And you still haven't got told if you've got the job or not?

We have provisional offers just waiting for the checking stage to begin ....
We have provisional offers just waiting for the checking stage to begin ....

How long after the initial online application did you get an interview and get given a provisional offer?
Back to 1320/16 has anyone got any info ???

Still waiting as well!

It doesn't help on here when different people are talking about different campaigns!
Original post by lawgrad13
Still waiting as well!

It doesn't help on here when different people are talking about different campaigns!

Nope lol, anyway are you internal now? But when you applied you were external right?

Latest

Trending

Trending