The Student Room Group

No oven, what can I do?

For the three weeks I've been in my accommodation the oven has been temperamental. Last Friday and Saturday it caused a powercut and on Saturday evening the out of hours porter condemned the oven as being too dangerous and isolated it from the power.

We've complained about having no oven for three days several times but no one will tell us when it will be fixed. What rights do we have and do we have to continue paying full price for the accommodation as long as we don't have an oven or hob?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by HanHanHan13
For the three weeks I've been in my accommodation the oven has been temperamental. Last Friday and Saturday it caused a powercut and on Saturday evening the out of hours porter condemned the oven as being too dangerous and isolated it from the power.

We've complained about having no oven for three days several times but no one will tell us when it will be fixed. What rights do we have and do we have to continue paying full price for the accommodation as long as we don't have an oven or hob?

Thanks in advance :smile:

You need to have a look at your rental agreement and contract to find out what the process is and how you can get things sorted ASAP.

I'd recommend you all keep receipts for any takeaway/eating out - if you can prove that being without an oven/hob has cost £x then you're more likely to get some money refunded.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending