The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Anyone has heard back from CITI after the secodary education email?
Original post by torres657
UBS rejection post-phone interview and just before Dortmund-RM match, 4th rejection so far, ****ed up my evening :frown:

Every rejection is a step closer to an offer mate :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ox2018
Sorry to hear mate... What were the questions like - what did they ask?

it is only competency-fit questions on your story, why IBD, why UBS, how would you invest $1m, etc. There were no technicals. Good luck with your interview.
Original post by Commercial Paper
Every rejection is a step closer to an offer mate :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

^ I agree with that!

Always stay positive, every single one of us will receive a rejection (or already have, as I do!), but I'm sure we will do it.
it is only competency-fit questions on your story, why IBD, why UBS, how would you invest $1m, etc. There were no technicals. Good luck with your interview.

Thanks boss! Good luck with the rest of your applications!!
Is JP markets non-rolling? Last year, nobody got an offer until after the deadline unless you were a spring weeker

Posted from TSR Mobile
UBS rejection post-phone interview and just before Dortmund-RM match, 4th rejection so far, ****ed up my evening :frown:

don't worry pal, stay committed and your work will pay off! I wasn't too happy with my UBS interview, yet to hear back. How long did it take for a response?
Say I was to apply for my internship in my final year instead of my penultimate, so that I would intern in the summer just after I finished my degree. Would it mean at the end of the internship that summer I would be told whether they'd be keeping me on or not and If I was being kept on for a job I'd start immediately? Or am i completely wrong here?
Do non-BB banks send rejection emails too? Or do they tend to just not to get back to you at all?
Reply 3409
Wait, Deutsche says:

IMPORTANT! You can only submit one file per application. Therefore, the file must contain all documents relevant to the application process including: CV/Resume, cover letter and ANY OTHER requested documents such as transcripts and/or essays. Please note: only documents in Word (.doc or .docx), Adobe Acrobat (.pdf), or plain text (.txt) formats can be uploaded and the file can be no larger than 4MB.

Do you actually need to attach a cover letter and all this stuff? Or just a CV?
Original post by Amandeep_3
Say I was to apply for my internship in my final year instead of my penultimate, so that I would intern in the summer just after I finished my degree. Would it mean at the end of the internship that summer I would be told whether they'd be keeping me on or not and If I was being kept on for a job I'd start immediately? Or am i completely wrong here?

Normally the next September, unless you talk with HR and they agree for you to start immediately. Because in theory you only qualified to apply for SA, if you are 1 year away from graduate (eg: do a master)
Original post by econibpe
don't worry pal, stay committed and your work will pay off! I wasn't too happy with my UBS interview, yet to hear back. How long did it take for a response?

Thanks mate, hopefully we will all get sth eventually, one week after interview for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AKRP
Wait, Deutsche says:

IMPORTANT! You can only submit one file per application. Therefore, the file must contain all documents relevant to the application process including: CV/Resume, cover letter and ANY OTHER requested documents such as transcripts and/or essays. Please note: only documents in Word (.doc or .docx), Adobe Acrobat (.pdf), or plain text (.txt) formats can be uploaded and the file can be no larger than 4MB.

Do you actually need to attach a cover letter and all this stuff? Or just a CV?

I attached a CV and CL in one document. Better to be safe than sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
HR from Nomura got in touch with me to say they're aware of a major problem with their tests at the moment and they're trying to fix it with Kenexa. They said they'd contact me when the problem was fixed and to reset my test.

How long should I give them before following up? Worried that I'm going to be disadvantaged as I can't get my application reviewed until the tests are done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
HR from Nomura got in touch with me to say they're aware of a major problem with their tests at the moment and they're trying to fix it with Kenexa. They said they'd contact me when the problem was fixed and to reset my test.

How long should I give them before following up? Worried that I'm going to be disadvantaged as I can't get my application reviewed until the tests are done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Few days shouldn't make a difference, give them a bit of time (not much else you could do)
Quick question -

If in past years I have been to networking events at banks, should I attend them again this year? Thinking about Citi and Rothschild particularly. Wondering if there is really any value-add in me attending them again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're mostly pointless given how the recruitment system works, you have to seriously impress someone for them to then go to HR and get HR to advance your application.

From my experience they're useful once you've got the offer and want to get into a certain team.
Can anyone help me with Nomura's HR email please?
Has anyone heard from Blackstone SA in LDN office? Put my app in yesterday.

Also has anyone heard anything from MS Real Estate Investment Management?
Rothschild or UBS for M&A?
Nah, they tax you based on your pro-rata salary (£50,000) so you are above the threshold and then you have to reclaim it. At least this is what happened for me, maybe it is different elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry but how do you reclaim it? Have to do it for my internship that just ended too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending