The Student Room Group

Need some advice

Hi,

I am really interested in Economics and it is the one course I would love to study at university. I am particularly interested in studying at Warwick and I have visited the campus during an open day to see what it would be like living there.

However I am not sure I would be offered a place as a result of my poor grades at AS due to a complete lack of effort throughout the year; I received a B in economics, a C in history and psychology and an E in maths.

These grades, I feel, are not a true reflection of what I can do and I know that they are very far away from what Warwick are wanting (A*AA) but I know that I can do so much better in A2.

So, i would like to find out if it is at all possible for me to get an offer from Warwick and if so, what should I do to ensure I get an offer. I have decided to take on economics, history and maths at A2 and despite the E in maths i know that I can achieve a much higher grade and will be resitting the AS modules again this year.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Reply 1
Original post by Chickenboy88
Hi,

I am really interested in Economics and it is the one course I would love to study at university. I am particularly interested in studying at Warwick and I have visited the campus during an open day to see what it would be like living there.

However I am not sure I would be offered a place as a result of my poor grades at AS due to a complete lack of effort throughout the year; I received a B in economics, a C in history and psychology and an E in maths.

These grades, I feel, are not a true reflection of what I can do and I know that they are very far away from what Warwick are wanting (A*AA) but I know that I can do so much better in A2.

So, i would like to find out if it is at all possible for me to get an offer from Warwick and if so, what should I do to ensure I get an offer. I have decided to take on economics, history and maths at A2 and despite the E in maths i know that I can achieve a much higher grade and will be resitting the AS modules again this year.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

You might be best taking a gap year, so that you can apply when you have actually achieved your A Level grades. Warwick is very competitive, so even people who do meet the requirements will get rejected. If you apply with BCE you stand no chance at all.
Firstly, I know you say you want to go to that particular university but you views will change within the course of A2 or they won't change, what I mean is you need to give priority to whats more important you studying THAT course or you going to that particular UNIVERSITY. If its the COURSE than find other universities with suitable requirements that you have a more chance of getting into. You can always excel your grades and do adjustment or clearing into this university. If its the university than see if your tutors can pull up your predicted grades for UCAS etc. Good luck on the whole :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending