The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by memoryfish
Nope lol, anyway are you internal now? But when you applied you were external right?

Yep that's correct, external at time of applying but internal now
Original post by lawgrad13
Yep that's correct, external at time of applying but internal now

So when you view the application on your cs jobs account it doesn't have you down as being employed as a civil servant and doesn't show your staff number ?
(edited 7 years ago)
So when you view the application on you cs jobs account it doesn't have you down as being employed as a civil set any with your staff number ?

Not on the application itself no because I was external at that time. When I joined HMRC I then updated my portal to show I was now internal and updated it with my staff number and line manager's details etc. I had hoped that being internal would have helped speeden up these checks but I guess I was wrong!
Not on the application itself no because I was external at that time. When I joined HMRC I then updated my portal to show I was now internal and updated it with my staff number and line manager's details etc. I had hoped that being internal would have helped speeden up these checks but I guess I was wrong!

I'm in a similar situation, my application shows my previous role ...because I applied for this while I was doing my previous role 3 months ago and now I have switched departments. Hopefully they'll be able to see that somehow while they carry out any checks
I'm in a similar situation, my application shows my previous role ...because I applied for this while I was doing my previous role 3 months ago and now I have switched departments. Hopefully they'll be able to see that somehow while they carry out any checks

I've sent you a PM
I've sent you a PM

I'll check it and send you one back !
I'll check it and send you one back !

Im in the same situation as well. Im internal within hmrc now not just civil service internal.
Original post by Escapalda lamen
Im in the same situation as well. Im internal within hmrc now not just civil service internal.

How long did it take for you to start in HMRC after provisional offer? Getting really impatient now haha
Hi guys, just needed some advice.

Anyone applied internally for the 042R HO Caseworker role?

Anyone know what the bench mark was as one of my friends failed and got a 4.
Original post by slc2710
How long did it take for you to start in HMRC after provisional offer? Getting really impatient now haha

Well that was for a different role where there was only 3 jobs and within a month i had started. This one i guess due to number of applicants would take a little longer but not that much longer. As in at least have discussed start dates with managers within 2 weeks of provisional offers then going through 4 weeks notice periods.
Original post by Waki7866
Hi guys, just needed some advice.

Anyone applied internally for the 042R HO Caseworker role?

Anyone know what the bench mark was as one of my friends failed and got a 4.

I scored a 4 and a 5 this time around and I failed too. Last time I scored 4 when there was only one competency and I got an interview. Standard must be really high this time. They must have moved pass mark to 5
Sorry to confuse I have been given two provisional offers one off the back of the TSP from last year which I have had a provisional offer since August and invited to bring documents in next week for. The other is for the HEO role which I am awaiting to hear back from so that I can get a start date. Provisional offer was given for that September 8th.

I'm in the same boat. I'm nervous about withdrawing from the O role before receiving a formal offer for the HO role. But presumably we'll receive a formal offer for the O role first and be expected to accept or decline. What do you plan to do about this?
Original post by dagoro1
I'm in the same boat. I'm nervous about withdrawing from the O role before receiving a formal offer for the HO role. But presumably we'll receive a formal offer for the O role first and be expected to accept or decline. What do you plan to do about this?

Well im taking in documents to Euston tower next week for the O role and will probably accept it and then when I get the heo start date I will leave the O role. I know this sounds long but guessing by how long they take to give start dates it may well be quite some time.

I would rather leave my current HMRC role to move to a different role asap.
Reply 1633
Well im taking in documents to Euston tower next week for the O role and will probably accept it and then when I get the heo start date I will leave the O role. I know this sounds long but guessing by how long they take to give start dates it may well be quite some time.

I would rather leave my current HMRC role to move to a different role asap.

Do you know much about the O grad role? I can't seem to find anything online
Reply 1634
Can anyone tell me what PT operations is? I have just had to complete an online OH assessment and where it states business it says PT Operations
Original post by Cal139
Can anyone tell me what PT operations is? I have just had to complete an online OH assessment and where it states business it says PT Operations

Personal tax operations
Reply 1636
Personal tax operations

Thank you, any clues as to what that entails?
Original post by Cal139
Thank you, any clues as to what that entails?

Yeh I used to work there... Basically it's just everything that involves tax for everyday people like you or me. So tax codes, repayments that's the sort of thing they do in PT ops
Original post by Iffy146
I scored a 4 and a 5 this time around and I failed too. Last time I scored 4 when there was only one competency and I got an interview. Standard must be really high this time. They must have moved pass mark to 5

Hi there, I've just submitted the two competency statements today. Will be taking the online tests tomorrow. If you don't mind me asking what do you mean by 'failed'? Did you find out straight after you submitted the competency statements and tests?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1639
Yeh I used to work there... Basically it's just everything that involves tax for everyday people like you or me. So tax codes, repayments that's the sort of thing they do in PT ops

Thanks for your help

Latest

Trending

Trending