The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceisgood
Alright guys, there is a level 7 and a level 9 gym down the road from me owned by Valor...
On my way back from uni tomorrow, they're going down...

This is my mission!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you manage to take over the gyms?

Anyone know how many power-ups you can do per level? I think it's 2 extra power-ups each time you level up.
Original post by Zerforax
Did you manage to take over the gyms?

Anyone know how many power-ups you can do per level? I think it's 2 extra power-ups each time you level up.

Alright, I swear whoever is putting Pokemon in these gyms now is cheating...
It now sits at 52k/50k prestige...
I don't think it's worth trying at my current state because I only have like 10 revives...

Lowest pokemon is around 1,400 and the highest is a 2950 Dragonite...
Alright, I swear whoever is putting Pokemon in these gyms now is cheating...
It now sits at 52k/50k prestige...
I don't think it's worth trying at my current state because I only have like 10 revives...

Lowest pokemon is around 1,400 and the highest is a 2950 Dragonite...

Yea I've seen a gym that high once before. Would def take a lot of revives to take it out..
This gym now takes the *iss and a half...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474969101.301780.jpg

As soon as I am able, I will take down this gym... Will take me a few attempts though...
Was knocked down to 42k prestige only a few hours ago for it to climb back up to 52k...

Only thing is, I need more revives, have too many pokeballs... (about 200).
The biggest threat in there is like a 2600CP Snorlax...
(edited 7 years ago)
This gym now takes the *iss and a half...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474969101.301780.jpg

As soon as I am able, I will take down this gym... Will take me a few attempts though...
Was knocked down to 42k prestige only a few hours ago for it to climb back up to 52k...

Only thing is, I need more revives, have too many pokeballs... (about 200).
The biggest threat in there is like a 2600CP Snorlax...

That's not even that high tbh..

Yea I regularly ditch like 10-40 pokeballs a day since too easily to collect them.
*sigh*

Thought it was my lucky day when my 5km egg hatched a Growlithe which gave me enough candy to evolve into Arcanine. Unfortunately once I evolved it, it has Fire Fang/Bulldoze as the moveset.

No point in powering it up now - would've been happy with either Flamethrower or Fire Blast :mad:

I do feel like I'm losing interest now and probably won't bother unless they add a function which lets you obtain TMs to change moveset. Otherwise the game is so frustrating when you get a good pokemon which you can finally evolve and then it has awful moves.
*sigh*

Thought it was my lucky day when my 5km egg hatched a Growlithe which gave me enough candy to evolve into Arcanine. Unfortunately once I evolved it, it has Fire Fang/Bulldoze as the moveset.

No point in powering it up now - would've been happy with either Flamethrower or Fire Blast :mad:

I do feel like I'm losing interest now and probably won't bother unless they add a function which lets you obtain TMs to change moveset. Otherwise the game is so frustrating when you get a good pokemon which you can finally evolve and then it has awful moves.

I've not played for at least a week, the game is now just a walk and grind app. It's pretty dull now.
Exactly the same thing happened with so many of my pokemon, I've just got disheartened. Even if the TMs were premium, I'd be happy.
Original post by Donkey******
I've not played for at least a week, the game is now just a walk and grind app. It's pretty dull now.
Exactly the same thing happened with so many of my pokemon, I've just got disheartened. Even if the TMs were premium, I'd be happy.

I haven't minded the walking but the random factor of eggs and moves on evolution are far too annoying. I guess it's fine if you have a location where you can get the pokemon you want to grind (e.g. if near a Dratini nest or a Growlithe nest) but where stuff is rare enough to make it difficult, who can be bothered to try and grind for something you rarely find?

So I'm on 111 in the pokedex now. If you add the region exclusives which are available by hatching eggs, then there are 145 available (or do you discount to 142 since too rare to get?)

Half of those, I'm probably have about 50% of the candies needed to get the pokedex filled. The other lot.. I'm nowhere near.

I might just hatch this 10km egg and see what it is and then decide if I can be bothered with any more of a grind.
I haven't minded the walking but the random factor of eggs and moves on evolution are far too annoying. I guess it's fine if you have a location where you can get the pokemon you want to grind (e.g. if near a Dratini nest or a Growlithe nest) but where stuff is rare enough to make it difficult, who can be bothered to try and grind for something you rarely find?

So I'm on 111 in the pokedex now. If you add the region exclusives which are available by hatching eggs, then there are 145 available (or do you discount to 142 since too rare to get?)

Half of those, I'm probably have about 50% of the candies needed to get the pokedex filled. The other lot.. I'm nowhere near.

I might just hatch this 10km egg and see what it is and then decide if I can be bothered with any more of a grind.

I'd say your max pokedex is actually 142, they seem not to like you having multiple region pokemon.

I might just spend time taking down gyms trying to earn coins, rather than trying to catch pokemon, and wait for the next gen release.
I'd say your max pokedex is actually 142, they seem not to like you having multiple region pokemon.

I might just spend time taking down gyms trying to earn coins, rather than trying to catch pokemon, and wait for the next gen release.

Okay so 31 to fill out my pokedex.. feels like quite a lot? Especially when I've never seen an Ekans for example :colondollar:

Yea I take down a couple of gyms a day but even the gym grind seems slow since most stuff you buy with coins is quite expensive. Although activity seems down since I seem to be holding onto gyms longer than a few weeks ago.

Even powering pokemon is really tough. I've not been able to power up my Lapras/Snorlax for a while now :frown:
Okay so 31 to fill out my pokedex.. feels like quite a lot? Especially when I've never seen an Ekans for example :colondollar:

Yea I take down a couple of gyms a day but even the gym grind seems slow since most stuff you buy with coins is quite expensive. Although activity seems down since I seem to be holding onto gyms longer than a few weeks ago.

Even powering pokemon is really tough. I've not been able to power up my Lapras/Snorlax for a while now :frown:

Yeah I can see where the buddy system is becoming useful, like with the 10km egg pokemon mainly.

I've not got many I'm missing, just cba to grind certain pokemon (ekans for example)

Just want a reliable next list but I think folks have lost interest in it a bit now.
Yeah I can see where the buddy system is becoming useful, like with the 10km egg pokemon mainly.

I've not got many I'm missing, just cba to grind certain pokemon (ekans for example)

Just want a reliable next list but I think folks have lost interest in it a bit now.

Well it's still 15km to get a the 3 candy you typically need to power up..

Things they need to improve on imo:

- the game is too similar at level 5 and at level 25, you need something different at the higher levels to encourage people to do it. For example I think the buddy system should only unlock at say level 10 (with gyms at level 5) and then perhaps a second permanent egg incubator at level 20 to encourage people to grind to higher levels

- Need to add TMs so that you can change moves. I'd be happy to have to trade in candy of certain pokemon types to activate a TM (e.g. you need 50 grass candy to activate solar beam TM with a one time use).

- Need to add player vs player battles (6 vs 6). Gyms are nice but people also want to battle each other!

- Trading seems to be coming in the near future but I'm not convinced it improves the game but rather makes it easier? Likely to be open to abuse too.

- Events? Something so that certain days you can get more stuff perhaps? Or certain pokemon more available that day?
Ugh.. **** this stupid game :mad:

Just hatched my 3rd Onyx FML.

Would've been happy with half of the potential hatches from 10km egg since need the candy or new to pokedex and instead I get one of the worst pokemon in the game for the third time :facepalm:
Ugh.. **** this stupid game :mad:

Just hatched my 3rd Onyx FML.

Would've been happy with half of the potential hatches from 10km egg since need the candy or new to pokedex and instead I get one of the worst pokemon in the game for the third time :facepalm:

It'll be ok once it turns into a steelix :wink:
It'll be ok once it turns into a steelix :wink:

I only really enjoyed first gen..

Just annoying when you hatch 3x Scyther, 3x Magmar, 3x Onyx and not the other decent stuff :facepalm:
Guys, am in a conundrum.
Evolve a 97%. IV Magikarp currently at 156CP and have 240 candy or power up as much as I can?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Screen of Magikarp. I reckon I could maybe get it to near 200 if I powered it up completely.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1475093279.030533.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Screen of Magikarp. I reckon I could maybe get it to near 200 if I powered it up completely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only worth powering if as a Gyarados it has hydropump?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Evolve it first. It makes no difference whether you power something up pre/post evolution. I've already had 2 Gyarados with ****ing Twister. You don't want to waste your stardust on that ****.

Also, not played this game in ages. It got very boring and there's nothing incoming to change that, so far as I can tell.
Managed to take down that gym that *isses me off a little today, when I got to it it was at 52k... Again...

Spoiler

Wish I had more revives but oh well...
Maybe next time...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest