The Student Room Group

Maths A-level in 1 year

wrong
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by samantham999
Hey guys, do you think its possible to complete Maths A-level in one year? I'm currently on C1, finishing chapter 5 and I'm finding it fine

I hope to get grade A/A* given I work ect

I wouldn't advise it. I'm doing A-level maths. When it gets to C3-C4, it's going to be much harder. Trust me.
Hey guys, do you think its possible to complete Maths A-level in one year? I'm currently on C1, finishing chapter 5 and I'm finding it fine

I did three A levels in just over four months from scratch including Maths. Got A* A* A. This is not some hoax or made up nonsense. I started in early February and took all the AS and A2 papers at once sitting this past summer.
Yeah nothing wrong with it in one year, we did Maths to A2 in lower sixth, then FM in upper. Most got an A (predates A*)

I think if youre willing to work hard at it you could do it just fine :h:
I have a tutor and I really do want to stick with Maths but thanks for the advice.
I heard c3-c4 are awful but I'm spending a year trying to fix my grades

any tips for maths a level in general?

p.s i kind of need maths for economics anyway

I would advise going over what you've done so far over and over again.
Practise makes perfect. :biggrin:
Yeah, I head some schools do that

so you guys did 6 units in one year? how quickly did you finish 1 unit?

We sat 3 units in January, C1, C2, S1 so I'd guess like 2 months? Maybe nearer 6 weeks.
I thought January exams were no longer available?
btw I'm doing edexcel maths

I'm a while out of it, you're going back a while.
true! I'm putting in a minimum of 6 hours a day for maths (i'm on c1 but finishing chapter 5, finding it fine)

what did you get for maths?

jesus christ 6 hours a day? Dont burn yourself out
In in your position too hitting 6-8 hours a day , I finished a level physics in 3 weeks and am hoping to finish maths withing 2 months , I don't find maths as difficult as it's method and practise , let me know how you get on :smile:
Original post by Sanghera 98
In in your position too hitting 6-8 hours a day , I finished a level physics in 3 weeks and am hoping to finish maths withing 2 months , I don't find maths as difficult as it's method and practise , let me know how you get on :smile:

How did you finish A-Level Physics in one year???
Hi, I am doing A level maths in one year too. I have finished C1, and most of M1 and starting C2 now and will be done by end of November hopefully. Then A2 before exams in June. I'm hoping to get at least a B because that's what the universities I am applying to ask for.

Quick Reply

Latest