The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boss987
Hello guys,
I have been watching this thread for ages and honestly this has been the best place for advice. I want to ask you if I can' apply to medicine this year and if so where say I should apply. I have always wanted to do medicine because it interests me so much, and through work experience, I confirmed this. Any foundation courses will do. I can't do BMAT because most BMAT unis want B for English.
GCSE stats:
Maths: A*
Further Maths AQA : A
Biology: A
Chemistry: A
Physics: A
ICT: A
Statistics: A
Geography: B
English Lang: C
English Lit: C
French: C

Ukcat
VR - 520
QR - 740
AR - 610

As - Internal exams
A2 predicted grades - AAA - A*AA

Thanks in advance guys.

Your stats are good. Why don't u resit English language at the same time as A-levels and put it as pending?
Original post by masterscientist2
Memory function on UKCAT calculator:

When there is no "M" present on the calculator screen,

M+ stores the value displayed on the screen

An "M" appears on the calculator screen indicating that there is a number saved in the memory

When you do another calculation and get an answer and press M+, the number on the screen gets added to the value in the memory you saved earlier.

To display the total press "MRC"

To subtract the value of the calculation from the originally saved number, press "M-" and then to view the answer press "MRC"

Hope this helps!

This was very helpful to know by the way. Thank you
Original post by setarcos
There are about 6 unis that do accept resits without any extenuating circumstances so it is still enough to make a good application while doing a resit. I got A*AB and am re-applying this year with 1 resit. I do think it is easier than the alternative of going through grad entry and facing the heavy competition. And the exam boards don't have an issue with retakes due to the new syllabus, they made an extra batch of papers for resitters of the old syllabus :smile:

I would also like to add that the majority of resitters from last year's med resit thread did end up getting offers and are now actually at medical school! :biggrin:

Hi! Which Unis are these please? I'm predicted AAB and have my UKCAT tomorrow
Original post by polly.holden9
Hi! Which Unis are these please? I'm predicted AAB and have my UKCAT tomorrow

Exeter, UAE, BSMS, Plymouth, Lancaster, Liverpool.
Universities that only need an A in either biology or chemistry and not exclusively Chemistry are: Barts, Keele, Newcastle, Durham and UAE (i'm pretty sure).
Reply 6044
Hi guys, I got a ukcat average of 690 and a Band 1 in SJT, I want to apply to Queen Mary's for
medicine and I was wondering what are my chances of an interview, my ucas tariff is 304. Any
feedback would be much appreciated.
Hey guys,

Quick question for those who've sat the UKCAT already (I'm assuming that's most people here by now!); how do each of the sections in the actual UKCAT compare to the questions on Medify?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by HT98
Hi guys, I got a ukcat average of 690 and a Band 1 in SJT, I want to apply to Queen Mary's for
medicine and I was wondering what are my chances of an interview, my ucas tariff is 304. Any

First off, congratulations, great scores!

As far as I'm aware, an average of 690 is enough for most medical schools (if you're applying as an undergraduate and have the relevant predicted grades and GCSEs), so, you're definitely competitive. :smile: Obviously, it doesn't guarantee you an interview - nothing would though!
Original post by HT98

how do you have that high tariff?
Reply 6048
Original post by Zak1995
First off, congratulations, great scores!

As far as I'm aware, an average of 690 is enough for most medical schools (if you're applying as an undergraduate and have the relevant predicted grades and GCSEs), so, you're definitely competitive. :smile: Obviously, it doesn't guarantee you an interview - nothing would though!

Thank you for your reply!
Reply 6049
Original post by Squishy•

is 304 high then? well I have 5As and a B in Scottish Highers which is worth 192 points. I got 2As in Advanced Higher Biology and Advanced Higher Chemistry which is worth 112 points, so total of 304. what do u think of my chances of getting an interview at Queen Mary's.
If anyone still has time left to do their UKCAT: I'm selling my Kaplan Self study course incl mastery questions, the course book and online resources and my Medify account. Both of these really helped me to improve my score, PM me if you're interested!

Original post by HT98
is 304 high then? well I have 5As and a B in Scottish Highers which is worth 192 points. I got 2As in Advanced Higher Biology and Advanced Higher Chemistry which is worth 112 points, so total of 304. what do u think of my chances of getting an interview at Queen Mary's.

Because he has sat all his exams at academy. I'm assuming he is a gap year applicant
Original post by Boss987
Hello guys,
I have been watching this thread for ages and honestly this has been the best place for advice. I want to ask you if I can' apply to medicine this year and if so where say I should apply. I have always wanted to do medicine because it interests me so much, and through work experience, I confirmed this. Any foundation courses will do. I can't do BMAT because most BMAT unis want B for English.
GCSE stats:
Maths: A*
Further Maths AQA : A
Biology: A
Chemistry: A
Physics: A
ICT: A
Statistics: A
Geography: B
English Lang: C
English Lit: C
French: C

Ukcat
VR - 520
QR - 740
AR - 610

As - Internal exams
A2 predicted grades - AAA - A*AA

Thanks in advance guys.

If you don't mind me asking, your UKCAT score was really good and I was wondering since QR was by far your best section, what sort of questions actually came up and what you were getting in mocks? Just because I have mine tomorrow!
Original post by .......Jeff458
Because he has sat all his exams at academy. I'm assuming he is a gap year applicant

What do u mean sat all his exams at academy?
4 A-levels get u like 184 so i was wondering how he could have more than that.
Reply 6054
Original post by .......Jeff458

what do you think are my chances of an interview?
What do u mean sat all his exams at academy?
4 A-levels get u like 184 so i was wondering how he could have more than that.

Hey if you don't mind me asking, what did u get at GCSE and A level?
Is an average of 665 good enough for kings and queen Mary dentistry I'm also getting predicted a first in biomed. Pretty pissed off qr is not as easy as people say but ar is easy as baaaallls

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by aamin96

Your score is above average, however Kings often have much higher UKCAT cut offs (over 700). You could still get an interview at Queen Mary's if you have an exceptional UCAS tarrif.
Original post by MoshBosh
Your score is above average, however Kings often have much higher UKCAT cut offs (over 700). You could still get an interview at Queen Mary's if you have an exceptional UCAS tarrif.

Even if it's dentistry? I thought averages were mostly higher for kings, qr and vr honestly destroyed me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending