The Student Room Group

I ****ing failed myself

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm revising for my theory test rn (nothings going in tho :frown: cause I just feel so ****) but I'm deffo gonna pm you guys about my story in detail and I hope you can provide some advice (if you don't mind) but thanks for being so nice tho. I literally try to put on a brave face everyday when deep down I want to die.

I hope you do - talking is one of the best ways to solve problems :smile: hope everything goes well for the exam - good luck! :3 (I want a bike license myself)
Retake is the best advice
Hey, thanks for the advice :smile: When did your mate begin his transfer application?

After his first term. I think I recall him saying that after Christmas is the best time as you've been at uni long enough to prove that you can do well but it's still early enough to get the application in. So I'd say work as hard as you can for this first term, ace your tests and essays, get 1sts, and you should be okay.

Your new uni may give you a conditional offer, e.g. you have to get a certain average percentage to be able to transfer.
Its a shithole

The area? How about Aston Uni?
Original post by unaManzana
I'm going through something similar.

I ended up at a *****y uni up north, ALL because my **** college promised me work experience for my desired course. (work exp is mandatory for that course)
so I'm doing a **** alternative at a **** uni, and i don't fit in here. because everyone is white

Posted from TSR Mobile

What types of Uni would you fit in?
The area? How about Aston Uni?

The uni and the people. The area's nice. Its in the city centre but I've lived here my whole life so its just mundane for me rn. And Aston Uni is literally down the road. Its really well regarded for business courses and optometry. They're opening up a med school too I think. But friends who I have there, say it has its fair share of 'dossers'
Original post by jambojim97
After his first term. I think I recall him saying that after Christmas is the best time as you've been at uni long enough to prove that you can do well but it's still early enough to get the application in. So I'd say work as hard as you can for this first term, ace your tests and essays, get 1sts, and you should be okay.

Your new uni may give you a conditional offer, e.g. you have to get a certain average percentage to be able to transfer.

Thanks a lot for this :smile:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Clearly so does the flower crown filter.

yeah i ain't ready to be a man yet.
Reply 68
I'm sitting here in the middle of an introductory lecture thinking about how I ****ing failed myself. I went from 11A*'s at GCSE's to ****ing up at A levels. I'm now sitting in a lecture hall at a *****y uni which I commute to, surrounded by business btec students who are your typical roadmen that can't form sentences and I want the ground to swallow me up. I already know I'm going to break down as soon as I leave this lecture hall.

give it a term and drop out I cried after my first lecture but it was fine in the end *if you still hate it drop out go back to college (not the one you just left do some more A levels *or do an online Course and go back to uni in a couple of years I went to uni at 20 and it was fine.*
Bcu isn't the end of the world just work hard and transfer

though i am retaking as i only got into aston

Birmingham City University
Reply 72
the way you speak of your fellow students says a lot about you tbh

maybe some of them are your typical common roadmen types (read; salt of the earth) but that means they worked their butt off to get to uni and will use that hard work ethic to succeed and hit the ground running. meanwhile you'll sulk.
I feel bad for you :frown: the exact same thing happened to me- 12 A*/A GCSE then messed up my AS levels so went to a *****y uni (Aston). BUUUT I got a first there for bachelors and now I'm going to Imperial for masters- so its not the end of the world. Good luck :smile:

How *****y is Aston? I'm not to sure whether I wanna apply there. Can't choose a 5th uni.
BCU

ahhh my brother just graduated. try switching to oxford brookes? aston? uni of bham?
I also did extremely well in GCSEs, and did badly in A levels in comparison. I went to the best uni I could get into with my grades, and hate every second of it.

I seriously recommend you do something to get out, because if you're like me, and hate your uni so much, no matter what grade you'll get, you'll never feel proud of yourself. I'm in my final year, with pretty good grades (averaging at 84%), but I'll never feel good about them, because the standard is so low, it's like there's been a step down from a levels.

If you force yourself to stay in a place you're unhappy, you just lose motivation to do anything. When I'm not in lectures, I just go home and sleep. I can't work up enough energy to do anything else.

Don't be like me and force yourself to stay at a place you'll never be proud to get a degree from.
Its a shithole

any chance you can drop put, re-do some a level modules?

just for some inspiration... i ended up with crappy a levels, did a degree at an ok-ish uni (Aston) and then got a Masters from The University of Oxford...

keep working hard...

:smile:
I'm sitting here in the middle of an introductory lecture thinking about how I ****ing failed myself. I went from 11A*'s at GCSE's to ****ing up at A levels. I'm now sitting in a lecture hall at a *****y uni which I commute to, surrounded by business btec students who are your typical roadmen that can't form sentences and I want the ground to swallow me up. I already know I'm going to break down as soon as I leave this lecture hall.

In hindsight you should have redone your Alevels.
I know ALOT of people who "wouldn't dare do a third year at sixth form" and chose to do some pointless BTECH which they can complete in a week and counts towards nothing in life.

I did a third year and it was 100% worth it. Im heading towards a fantastic job and uni course because I didn't follow the crowd.

REDO YOUR ALEVELS , DO SOMEHTING YOU ENJOY AND GO SOMEWHERE YOU GENUINELY LIKE.

If you want any more advice just PM me
Original post by iThrow
the way you speak of your fellow students says a lot about you tbh

maybe some of them are your typical common roadmen types (read; salt of the earth) but that means they worked their butt off to get to uni and will use that hard work ethic to succeed and hit the ground running. meanwhile you'll sulk.

Most of them cheated on their business coursework and I over heard 4 boys talking about how they made some money off a bank scam so yeah they're totally 'hitting the ground running' aren't they?
Bcu isn't the end of the world just work hard and transfer

though i am retaking as i only got into aston

I've just started my new ucas applicaion to transfer so yh I'm trying :/

I also did extremely well in GCSEs, and did badly in A levels in comparison. I went to the best uni I could get into with my grades, and hate every second of it.

I seriously recommend you do something to get out, because if you're like me, and hate your uni so much, no matter what grade you'll get, you'll never feel proud of yourself. I'm in my final year, with pretty good grades (averaging at 84%), but I'll never feel good about them, because the standard is so low, it's like there's been a step down from a levels.

If you force yourself to stay in a place you're unhappy, you just lose motivation to do anything. When I'm not in lectures, I just go home and sleep. I can't work up enough energy to do anything else.

Don't be like me and force yourself to stay at a place you'll never be proud to get a degree from.

This is so sad to read :frown: Its literally been me this past week..maybe you could join some societies?
Original post by Lostperson
any chance you can drop put, re-do some a level modules?

just for some inspiration... i ended up with crappy a levels, did a degree at an ok-ish uni (Aston) and then got a Masters from The University of Oxford...

keep working hard...

:smile:

Wow, well done- thats really impressive! What course did you study?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending