The Student Room Group

Need help deciding on final uni choices (Electrical/Electronic)

Hi everyone,

So far I have Cambridge Southampton and Manchester pretty much decided for my UCAS choices, but I keep having trouble deciding on my last two choices, and I keep changing my mind.

The places I'm currently considering are Bath, Sheffield, Warwick, Surrey, Nottingham, Durham, and Loughborough. I was heavily considering Durham before but now I'm not so sure, seeing how far away it is from where I live. Does anybody have recommendations from the unis I mentioned?
Reply 1
Bump
Double Bump
Reply 3
Original post by QQZeroE
Hi everyone,

So far I have Cambridge Southampton and Manchester pretty much decided for my UCAS choices, but I keep having trouble deciding on my last two choices, and I keep changing my mind.

The places I'm currently considering are Bath, Sheffield, Warwick, Surrey, Nottingham, Durham, and Loughborough. I was heavily considering Durham before but now I'm not so sure, seeing how far away it is from where I live. Does anybody have recommendations from the unis I mentioned?

Most of those look like top universities but why do you have Southampton and Surrey in there?
Reply 4
Original post by Cronus
Most of those look like top universities but why do you have Southampton and Surrey in there?

I really liked Southampton after going on the open day, and their facilities and department for EEE seemed really good. Is there actually something bad about it that I haven't noticed?

And Surrey was because it's nearby to me so it would be a good option if I decided to stay closer to home, plus their facilities seemed pretty good.
Reply 5
Original post by QQZeroE
I really liked Southampton after going on the open day, and their facilities and department for EEE seemed really good. Is there actually something bad about it that I haven't noticed?

And Surrey was because it's nearby to me so it would be a good option if I decided to stay closer to home, plus their facilities seemed pretty good.

No there's nothing wrong with them, just not as good as the others mentioned
Original post by Cronus
No there's nothing wrong with them, just not as good as the others mentioned

Out of those listed, Southampton is one of the best, and Surrey is every bit as good as the others.
Reply 7
So now after thinking about it I think I've come down to Warwick and Sheffield, Warwick being because after researching I found the option of starting with general engineering to be nice and the accommodation looked pretty good, and Sheffield because it seems like a nice city and they offer the subject with a modern language course which I'm interested in doing.

Can anybody say whether one of the other choices would be better? Especially Bristol or Bath which I've also been interested in.

Quick Reply

Latest