The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

its ya boi with an rbc interview looooooooooooooooooool
Original post by samantham999
Guys say I do my second year summer analyst internship - how do I work so I get a full time offer? and do you ask the HR person?

If they have headcount/budget and you do well/your team like you, you'll get an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jchap9776

Summer or Grad? IBD?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jchap9776

Sick 1 m9

When did you apply?
Original post by JimbobJam
What did you do for placement year?

PM'd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Turing
Sick 1 m9

When did you apply?

lyk couple of weeks ago i think
Original post by Commercial Paper
Summer or Grad? IBD?

Posted from TSR Mobile

summer mkts, soz 4 double quote
Summer or Grad? IBD?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If they have headcount/budget and you do well/your team like you, you'll get an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

headcount as in the people who are there as interns? and budget as in if they are able to take on more interns as full time analysts?

and how do you exactly do WELL in your team because I though you would be going around different divisions ? I want to go into the IBD division, within m&a
To the people who have applied to Fidelity - which division/ role have you applied for?

P.s- Their app is a long one.
headcount as in the people who are there as interns? and budget as in if they are able to take on more interns as full time analysts?

and how do you exactly do WELL in your team because I though you would be going around different divisions ? I want to go into the IBD division, within m&a

Headcount as in if the team even requires an additional member and yes budget as in if they can afford you full time and have the business need for you to be there.

No you don't go around different divisions in internship, you just do IBD/Complience/Technology or whatever you've applied to

And you do well by being a boss and smashing every task they give you, showing initiative and pulling some decent hours and sorting all da top lads with coffee and lunch and stuff when they need it ... make em like you
Original post by stealth_writer
To the people who have applied to Fidelity - which division/ role have you applied for?

P.s- Their app is a long one.

What you applying for?
Thanks!! US banks normally have the budget though because they employ nearly half of their interns

when do you find out? after the internship is finished or?

Banks ain't broke but that specific team may not have the budget depending on the market conditions etc

Yeah either on last day or 1-2 weeks after depending on the bank
Original post by TheParham
What you applying for?

PM'd you.
Can you apply to MS IBD in both London and New York?
And both IBD and S&T in London?

Ty
Original post by Pedroby
Can you apply to MS IBD in both London and New York?
And both IBD and S&T in London?

Ty

Yh
how do you react? do you just say thank you and leave?

You must be so young to ask this kind of question. Not try to be mean.
Btw, it's like your offer for internship, they will give you 2 weeks to think after send out the contract.
And I'm from Cass, we are semi-target, still have good reputation. I know at least 10 people in my same year at FO BB, not to mention those who do master at Cass. Anw, you seem to make your choice already 😊
No, I meant because a lot of students won't get the offer so obviously you wouldnt want to upset them / make a big fuss
I never said Cass was bad, its a semi target and a good business school BUT you still attend city university. KCL is a lot more reputable and studying maths at kcl imo is a lot better than finance at cass where they let people in with ABB/A*BC

Ive really been trying to help but you're just looking at everything with the wrong mind set, im sure you will figure it out when the time comes haha
the wrong mindset? CASS is STILL CITY. It is a good business school but most of their grads end up in accounting. Yes, its semi-target but so is KCL.

and yes i get a lot of cass students get internships, you still dont get my point

You are right. We are still City and there is nothing wrong being in City, you know. I done internship in JPM, as u said American bank, everyone know Cass is Cass.

For the offer question, we all get inform, those successful or unsuccessful. Will have a formal feedback. Some people leave mid day after knowing they don't get the offer.
I have just been saying that. City for me isn't good enough but good enough for you :smile:

Oh okay, do they tell people individually?

Lol, did you finish your A level. You must be 17 or so to say it. Hahahahaha
Ok? do the courses at cass have a good level of maths?

Mate pipe down - take your smelly chat elsewhere please. This is not the forum for this sort of behaviour - get off your high horse - Cass is an excellent uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending