The Student Room Group

Personal Statement help

Hi guys, i am currently trying to write a personal statement for uni. This is what i have so far, please could you take a read and any advice would be appreciated.

(DO NOT POST YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT ON TSR)
(edited 7 years ago)
Don't post your PS publicly online.
(edited 7 years ago)
dellete this you fool, someone s going to copy it
Quick delete itttt
(edited 7 years ago)
Only send your statement privately to people you trust :smile: (preferably those who aren't applying for your subject in your year)
You are going to have to start again. There's a cache of this page and it might get picked up for plagiarism now.
they are VERY right - please delete it, not because we don't want to see it but the fact that other people might use this and send it in before you, this means under UCAS regulations, YOU will be the one 'cheating'.
Also, do not write anything less than the number 10 as digits :smile:
The best piece of advice would be to get it PRINTED, then checked by you're economics teachers... then a maths teacher... then an English teacher.... and finally your UCAS advisor..... before being triple checked by your head of year
Hope it helped :smile:
Delete this now u are gonna get caught by plagiarism software.
You are better of sending this to a trusted PS Reviewer don't post it publicly.
You are technically giving your place away if you put on the internet. Take it down. People will look at yours and add more stuff to be different from you
Reply 10
Original post by samendrag
Quick delete itttt

done - thanks for tagging me.
Reply 11
Original post by Jai Kumar
Hi guys, i am currently trying to write a personal statement for uni. This is what i have so far, please could you take a read and any advice would be appreciated.

(DO NOT POST YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT ON TSR)

I have deleted your PS. Never post your PS in a public online forum!

You will need to rewrite it from scratch due to UCAS's anti-plagiarism software and procedures.
Reply 12
Original post by jneill

You will need to rewrite it from scratch due to UCAS's anti-plagiarism software and procedures.

Hi, thanks for deleting the post. I understand that what i did was stupid, i was just hoping to get a fresh perspective on my PS. Please could someone help me to trt and fix this problem soon, I spent alot of time on my PS and don't want to be changing much
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Jai Kumar
Hi, thanks for deleting the post. I understand that what i did was stupid, i was just hoping to get a fresh perspective on my PS. Please could someone help me to trt and fix this problem soon, I spent alot of time on my PS and don't want to be changing much

The only way to fix the problem is to rewrite your PS. You can use the same themes and structure but you will have to use mostly different words...

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/filling-your-application/fraud-and-similarity
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill

Absolutely Barabric.jpg
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
You are better of sending this to a trusted PS Reviewer don't post it publicly.

Who are trusted PS Reviewers I could send mine to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending