The Student Room Group

Further Maths

We are only allowed to pick 3 A level subjects. I want to do further maths as well. Is it possible for me to teach myself further maths at home? Would I still be able to get a decent grade?
Reply 1
Yes, I did the same as you and got A* in FM, so there you go.
Original post by B_9710
Yes, I did the same as you and got A* in FM, so there you go.

That's amazing:eek: congrats ! I just started FM so do you have any advice ?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
hey.this is very usefull for the maths student.its help me alot.
Reply 4
Original post by leopard923
That's amazing:eek: congrats ! I just started FM so do you have any advice ?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do loads of past papers. Also try and gain deeper knowledge for the topics in the specification.
Original post by B_9710
Do loads of past papers. Also try and gain deeper knowledge for the topics in the specification.

Ok thanks !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leopard923

Thank you so much
Reply 7
Hey!
I wanted to know that can I do entire further mathematics in A2 privately alongside A2 maths physics and chemistry
Btw my exam board is CIE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Uvdarwin
Hey!
I wanted to know that can I do entire further mathematics in A2 privately alongside A2 maths physics and chemistry
Btw my exam board is CIE

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's possible. Others have done it in the past. It won't be easy as its a substantial extra workload. It can be very difficult to fit in all of the exams if you are sitting them privately so check the timetables for exam clashes.
It's impossible to guess whether you have the aptitude or dedication to do it successfully.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Please don't be fooled into thinking that because one person on TSR claims that he has successfully completed FM this way, that automatically means that you will. Firstly, TSR is very much not representative of the average student population and secondly it will entirely depend on your drive, motivation and perhaps most importantly, aptitude for the subject. Have you ask some experts about this, ie. your school maths teacher to see what they think. That's a better option for an unvarnished, unbiased opinion.
Original post by thomasandrew2000
We are only allowed to pick 3 A level subjects. I want to do further maths as well. Is it possible for me to teach myself further maths at home? Would I still be able to get a decent grade?

Depends on your motivation and how well you work but yes it is possible.

Quick Reply

Latest