The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6100
Say I got predicted all A* (in my dreams) and applied to Barts. Would Barts gives an offer of A*A*A for instance to balance up my average ukcat score of 645 band 3.
First I need to get an interview aahhhhh
Original post by mm_7
on the AR mini mock on medify i got 570 but in the normal practice tests i get 770???
idk whats going on?? i have done all the medify practice questions so most of the patterns were familiar but i panicked in my mini mock so maybe thats why :frown:
:frown:(((((

I got exactly the same as you.
Original post by Janoschr
Did mine today, 2nd time doing it.Got 700 average
VR 580
QR 770
AR 750
SJ Band 1
Very pleased. What universities are very tight on UKCAT scores?

Well done, a very good score. I know that KCL/Newcastle are UKCAT heavy, Manchester have a cut off score but you should be above that no problem, Nottingham break down the UKCAT quite thoroughly and score it from there i.e. on each section, but with your score you should be good to apply anywhere really.

If you don't mind me asking, which resources did you use, and what were your mock scores and last years score??
Original post by Janoschr
Did mine today, 2nd time doing it.Got 700 average
VR 580
QR 770
AR 750
SJ Band 1
Very pleased. What universities are very tight on UKCAT scores?

Whoah!!! AR+QR Tips pls!!!

KCL, QMUL, Newcastle, Glasgow, St Andrews all need quite high scores. Yours is enough to get u an offer!
Original post by .......Jeff458
I got exactly the same as you.

in the practice or the mini mock?
Because I am getting like 15/40. This isn't good at all for my aim.

Simple data as in...?

Whatever is given on Medify, it's simplified by nearly 70% in the actual test (for me in QR, that is) all the questions didn't have any extra information (like bullet points) and were short and simple to understand. In essence, it was extremely underwhelming
Original post by ASTK98
Based on what I've heard, you have a shot at getting an interview, but I don't know what score would put you in a "good" position to get an interview for GED.

Honestly though try to perfect your PS because King's actually mark it. You don't want there to be any weaknesses in your application

Posted from TSR Mobile

what was your ukcat score*
Hey guys I just sat the UKcat today, I got 663.3 which I'm happy about since the VR was completely SOLID!

VR 590
QR 750
AR 650
Band 1

Any later sitters - I deffo recommend medify for practice and I'd highly recommend you practice under timed conditions. I can't stress that enough. I used ISC 1000 also: the maths in this is way harder than the actual test so do not stress if you're spending a lot of time on those. I can provide my mock scores for medify etc also if it'll help anyone.

Planning to apply for Glasgow (hopefully cut off will be like 2016 entry), Dundee, Aberdeen and St Andrews.... I'm applying as a graduate, aiming for a 2:1 in my life science degree.

Make sure you relaaaaaax before the exam!
If you would like any tips just ask.
Best
Original post by kgla24
Hey guys I just sat the UKcat today, I got 663.3 which I'm happy about since the VR was completely SOLID!

VR 590
QR 750
AR 650
Band 1

Any later sitters - I deffo recommend medify for practice and I'd highly recommend you practice under timed conditions. I can't stress that enough. I used ISC 1000 also: the maths in this is way harder than the actual test so do not stress if you're spending a lot of time on those. I can provide my mock scores for medify etc also if it'll help anyone.

Planning to apply for Glasgow (hopefully cut off will be like 2016 entry), Dundee, Aberdeen and St Andrews.... I'm applying as a graduate, aiming for a 2:1 in my life science degree.

Best

hi how did you find the ukcat and medify mocks in comparison to the actual test? I am struggling with UKCAT pratice and doing kind of okay for medify atm just varies a lot... Was the VR and QR text heavy? Was the AR simplistic patterns generally or did it have multiple conditions? Got mine on Saturday and starting to panic! I botched the test last year so hoping this year I can at least get some inverview experience!
Original post by kgla24

VR 590
QR 750
AR 650
Band 1

Best

Well done, great score! How would you say the test compared to medify for each section and could you share your mock results please, thanks!
Original post by mm_7
in the practice or the mini mock?

mini mock.

doing them now (day before). typical me!!!
Original post by kgla24

VR 590
QR 750
AR 650
Band 1

Best

Any tips in general? Got mine TOMORROW. BWSDLSUBKSBCKMA,SZ AAAAAAATRGRRHRGRHGRHGRRGHGBIUEVG

HELP
mini mock.

doing them now (day before). typical me!!!

ahhh!! good luck!
Original post by mm_7
ahhh!! good luck!

You too man!!!!! I am panicking so much right now I feel like my heart is going to burst through my chest :/
You too man!!!!! I am panicking so much right now I feel like my heart is going to burst through my chest :/

The night before I was quite calm because I kept telling myself how I've prepared so well and I've reached my peak now and there's nothing more I can do. Stay calm and try and get a good nights sleep as that is very important! I really do wish you the best as I know exactly what you are feeling right now and I really do want you to do amazing! Like I said I can't wait to find out, I'm sure it'll go better than expected!

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't panic too much!! dw you'll do fine!! the more you relax the better you'll perform in the exam
Is a score of 673 enough to study medicine at manchester uni?
Original post by Mr PB
Is a score of 673 enough to study medicine at manchester uni?

That score is very likely to meet the cut off based on previous years! Well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6118
Original post by 11...
just want to tell you that the UCAS tariff includes A level predicted grades and extra stuff such as grade 8 piano. The AS achieved grades aren't part of the ucas tariff, however universities obviously look at your achieved AS grades

but I'm a Scottish applicant so I don't do AS or A-levels, I do scottish highers and advanced highers instead, so surely ucas tariff includes highers as well. Anyway I've emailed them to ask if I have calculated my ucas tariff correctly.
Original post by michaela__
That score is very likely to meet the cut off based on previous years! Well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey michaela do you know the manchester cut off scores for dentistry? i got 665 and im a bit worried

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending