The Student Room Group

Should I drop Sociology for physics? Is Physics A-Level hard?

I've recently started my A-Levels and have been doing Business Studies, Biology and Sociology for about 3 weeks now. I'm enjoying what I'm doing but recently I've been questioning the practicality of sociology. I don't know for sure what I want to do in the future but things that has taking my interest is, physiotherapy, anatomy, nutritionist etc. I've asked around and nearly everyone I talked to has recommend me to do physics instead as looks better for uni's etc. However I'm concerned at how hard physics will be. For GCSE I got a B overall in physics with a B in the course work and an A and B in the tests. For maths I got a B. Do you think I would be capable of doing well in physics or should I stick to what I am doing at the moment as I do find Sociology interesting, I'm just not convinced in how helpful it will be for the future. Many thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Original post by DonoLad
Bump

Being honest no. I got an U at AS level and I done tons of work. I got an A in physics and maths at GCSE. You could do it if you put in commitment from the start and stay on top of all the work.
no, physics is hard as **** and if you only got a B at gcse maths you'll probably struggle a lot. physics a level is essentially just applied maths so you might as well take maths instead, plus it's easier imo. maybe look into something like psychology or sport science to go with your career ideas

Quick Reply

Latest