The Student Room Group

Missed opportunity?

I went to an afternoon bar to catch up with a friend. I helped myself to some water as the queues were too long at the bar. Then this waiter came over quickly and filled a bottle of water and came over to my table and said "I have got you some water so you don't have to get any again". He kept smiling at me and then was hovering around.

I went to the toilet and my friend said he came over and looked like he was looking for me. The second time I came back from the toilet I caught him looking at me and smiling, he seemed shy. I am a shy person and usually avoid eye contact but I smiled and he smiled back. My friend asked if I wanted to speak to him but I didn't feel confident and left the venue. Should I go back another time to the venue? I don't know if he was interested or just being friendly. I found it awkward as him being on shift may be against the rules of asking customers out.
Original post by Anonymous
I went to an afternoon bar to catch up with a friend. I helped myself to some water as the queues were too long at the bar. Then this waiter came over quickly and filled a bottle of water and came over to my table and said "I have got you some water so you don't have to get any again". He kept smiling at me and then was hovering around.

I went to the toilet and my friend said he came over and looked like he was looking for me. The second time I came back from the toilet I caught him looking at me and smiling, he seemed shy. I am a shy person and usually avoid eye contact but I smiled and he smiled back. My friend asked if I wanted to speak to him but I didn't feel confident and left the venue. Should I go back another time to the venue? I don't know if he was interested or just being friendly. I found it awkward as him being on shift may be against the rules of asking customers out.

I guess bar hands have to be friendly but if went out of his way to look for you.. might be some interest from his side. Maybe you can go at the same time again and give him your number and go from there?
Original post by Anonymous

As above, you could always go back another time soon and see. He may have been being friendly and attentive due to his job or wanting a tip, but of course he may have liked you a little more. No harm in trying again, assuming it might not work out, and keeping an open mind :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending