The Student Room Group

Anyone here want to become a trader?

Or are you all prospective bankers? So far I think I'm the only one interested in doing trading or sales.

If you are considering trading, feel free to chat. What desk do you want to work on? Do you do any prop trading or investing at home?
the entire global economy has been based on compounding debt which has obvious problems. To deal with the problems the interest rates have been consistently cut back to breaking point. This now puts the banks under major strain, however so many business are dependent on cheap debt because they over leveraged on debt for tax reasons. Also many people have mortgagees on cheap debt. If they keep the interest rates low consistently into the future the banks are likely to start failing the bubble will burst and we will have a major economic crash.

If they hike the interest rates then large sections of society will not be able to pay there mortgages which will lead to a repeat of 2008 but even worse plus the banks lent out money they wont get back and they never had in the first place. business won't be able to service their debt and there will be a major economic crash.

Basically whatever they do there will be a major economic crash. I suppose you could try day trading/ swing trading but you really need to know what your doing with that and have sufficient capital behind you.

I don't understand how so many people can't see this coming I am just invested quite heavily in gold at the moment.

don't get me wrong I am not predicting the collapse of civilization as some people seem to think, I just think that the global economy is built on weak foundations is far from healthy and we are in for a bumpy ride. maybe after the dust settles and rebuilding starts trading could be a lucrative career again just I wouldn't want to be trading in this climate.
done an internship in trading (ib), it's so boring
Original post by Luke7456
the entire global economy has been based on compounding debt which has obvious problems. To deal with the problems the interest rates have been consistently cut back to breaking point. This now puts the banks under major strain, however so many business are dependent on cheap debt because they over leveraged on debt for tax reasons. Also many people have mortgagees on cheap debt. If they keep the interest rates low consistently into the future the banks are likely to start failing the bubble will burst and we will have a major economic crash.

If they hike the interest rates then large sections of society will not be able to pay there mortgages which will lead to a repeat of 2008 but even worse plus the banks lent out money they wont get back and they never had in the first place. business won't be able to service their debt and there will be a major economic crash.

Basically whatever they do there will be a major economic crash. I suppose you could try day trading/ swing trading but you really need to know what your doing with that and have sufficient capital behind you.

I don't understand how so many people can't see this coming I am just invested quite heavily in gold at the moment.

don't get me wrong I am not predicting the collapse of civilization as some people seem to think, I just think that the global economy is built on weak foundations is far from healthy and we are in for a bumpy ride. maybe after the dust settles and rebuilding starts trading could be a lucrative career again just I wouldn't want to be trading in this climate.

this doesn't answer the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
this doesn't answer the question

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it did I was explaining why I do not want to become a trader currently but might desire this later down the line. To be fair I cant see thing game going on much longer I would be surprised if the global economy had not collapsed by the time I finish get on to the course then finish my maths degree.

I guess since we will be starting from rock bottom at that point been a trader would be quite a nice opportunity. See how it plays out i guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending