The Student Room Group

History and politics at edinburgh

I'm predicted 37 at IB, with history HL at 6. I wrote about some researches i've done outside of school in my PS. Could I get and offer even though it says typical offer 40?
Original post by bernascande
I'm predicted 37 at IB, with history HL at 6. I wrote about some researches i've done outside of school in my PS. Could I get and offer even though it says typical offer 40?

Unlikely, I would have thought. Even if you did get offers they would most likely be for 40.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Unlikely, I would have thought. Even if you did get offers they would most likely be for 40.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even though on their website the minimum requirement is 34? So basically in order to get an offer I must be predicted 40?
Reply 3
Original post by bernascande
Even though on their website the minimum requirement is 34? So basically in order to get an offer I must be predicted 40?

The typical offer is 40. The minimum is 34.

http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/entry-requirements/our-requirements

"All applicants who meet, or are predicted to meet, our minimum entry requirements progress to the selection process. However, competition for most of our degrees is high and demand for places generally exceeds the number of places available, so not all applicants who enter the selection process can be made an offer."

So, yes, it's much less likely you would get an offer below 40.
Original post by jneill
The typical offer is 40. The minimum is 34.

http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergraduate/entry-requirements/our-requirements

"All applicants who meet, or are predicted to meet, our minimum entry requirements progress to the selection process. However, competition for most of our degrees is high and demand for places generally exceeds the number of places available, so not all applicants who enter the selection process can be made an offer."

So, yes, it's much less likely you would get an offer below 40.

My mate got unconditional offer from Edinburgh for History. He only have 54433 in AP. And the 5 is his native language. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending