The Student Room Group

[as level] swapping subjects?

i'm 4 weeks deep into my first year of alevels; and i've been thinking of dropping biology for english literature instead.
since it's already been 4 weeks (nearing 5) i'm worried about the catch-up work, and if it's the best decision for me.
biology has no link to my future aspirations, the work itself doesn't interest me and i feel so disheartened whenever i have to do work for the subject; ;;
i know that it's a big decision, and that the work i will have to do to catch up will be fairly challenging in such a short space of time, but i know i will enjoy english lit exponentially more than i do bio??
wondering if anyone has an experience with swapping an alevel subject 'late game'; or if anyone has any solid advice for me either way?
thank you :^))
Original post by renphobia
i'm 4 weeks deep into my first year of alevels; and i've been thinking of dropping biology for english literature instead.
since it's already been 4 weeks (nearing 5) i'm worried about the catch-up work, and if it's the best decision for me.
biology has no link to my future aspirations, the work itself doesn't interest me and i feel so disheartened whenever i have to do work for the subject; ;;
i know that it's a big decision, and that the work i will have to do to catch up will be fairly challenging in such a short space of time, but i know i will enjoy english lit exponentially more than i do bio??
wondering if anyone has an experience with swapping an alevel subject 'late game'; or if anyone has any solid advice for me either way?
thank you :^))

At my school , this is the transfer window for my year to change subjects as they think this is the best time to do it. You have gotten a good enough idea about biology but won't be so behind in English that it would be impossible to catch up. If you are prepared to work really hard and do extra for a month or so I think it would be a good idea to change. Have you read the books for English? If not you should as soon as possible :smile:. Its better to catch up on a subject you enjoy studying that revising a subject you hate :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by leopard923
At my school , this is the transfer window for my year to change subjects as they think this is the best time to do it. You have gotten a good enough idea about biology but won't be so behind in English that it would be impossible to catch up. If you are prepared to work really hard and do extra for a month or so I think it would be a good idea to change. Have you read the books for English? If not you should as soon as possible :smile:. Its better to catch up on a subject you enjoy studying that revising a subject you hate :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you! i'm talking to the head of y12 this lunchtime about it; so hopefully i will be able to transfer. thanks for the response, it's much appreciated! i have read the book that the eng lit class are currently studying, yeah! :^) i agree, though,, especially at alevel where it's so much work; ;; i think doing biology would kill me haha
Original post by renphobia
thank you! i'm talking to the head of y12 this lunchtime about it; so hopefully i will be able to transfer. thanks for the response, it's much appreciated! i have read the book that the eng lit class are currently studying, yeah! :^) i agree, though,, especially at alevel where it's so much work; ;; i think doing biology would kill me haha

You're welcome :biggrin: it is good you did it today so you can stuck in straight away, anyway -best of luck for a levels !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest