The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I love Arriva WiFi
Original post by PerplexingGeode
Indeed it would be, you would have everything required in a single phone if the LG G4 enabled 4G Calling. Yes, you are correct - you would have to pay for some of the apps; for example, I know that Anki Flash Cards is free on Android, but has to be paid for on iOS (I believe it is around $18-$19). There are various other examples of this, however - the Anki Flash Cards are just one of those examples. :h:

Yes, I agree; ultimately, it was a poor move forward with the iPhone 7. :frown:

:moon:

That would be indeed correct - if EE implement 4G Calling on the LG G4, then it would be absolutely perfect! I think that it might be getting Wi-Fi Calling, but I'm not so sure. Though Wi-fi calling isn't essential as my house is in a strong signal area (only a few hundred meters from the local phone masts). Plus, you cannot install apps from outside of the Apple App Store, yet you can in Android if you enable the appropriate settings. :smile: I would not pay $18 for an app!

Only time will tell whether it negatively affects the sales of the phone or not, but as soon as a company remove the 3.5mm jack, which I believe is absolutely essential (more essential to me than an SD card slot, which is essential anyway) then they lose me as a potential customer.

Original post by spotify95
That would be indeed correct - if EE implement 4G Calling on the LG G4, then it would be absolutely perfect! I think that it might be getting Wi-Fi Calling, but I'm not so sure. Though Wi-fi calling isn't essential as my house is in a strong signal area (only a few hundred meters from the local phone masts). Plus, you cannot install apps from outside of the Apple App Store, yet you can in Android if you enable the appropriate settings. :smile: I would not pay $18 for an app!

Only time will tell whether it negatively affects the sales of the phone or not, but as soon as a company remove the 3.5mm jack, which I believe is absolutely essential (more essential to me than an SD card slot, which is essential anyway) then they lose me as a potential customer.

:hello:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Same :smile: np :hugs::wink:111,339

Don't know what today will bring, but only one way to find out :smile:

Though I know I'll be doing some baking as well as some eBay listings :smile:

(edited 7 years ago)
Don't know what today will bring, but only one way to find out :smile:

Though I know I'll be doing some baking as well as some eBay listings :smile:

OMG :excited:What are you going to bake?
I'm doing Chemistry revision :smile: Caught up on Mock the Week this morning = fab :ahee:Might catch up on strictly after lunch, haven't decided.... I'm not that into it but my friend is and really wants me to watch it, like really
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:hello:

Hey Cheese :smile: How's things going? :smile:

By the way, do you know of anyone who has an LG G4? If so, is it a good phone? Definitely considering getting one as they are reasonably priced and my S4 is getting old (plus it still does its "lets drop down to 2G" thing far too often, too quickly).

(edited 7 years ago)
Hey Cheese :smile: How's things going? :smile:

By the way, do you know of anyone who has an LG G4? If so, is it a good phone? Definitely considering getting one as they are reasonably priced and my S4 is getting old (plus it still does its "lets drop down to 2G" thing far too often, too quickly).

Hey :smile:Going ok thanks! I am doing some Chemistry revision now :wink:How about yourself? :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest