The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Have you applied to the Graduate Programme ? never heard of any online interview from JP
Original post by gzhm
did anyone get the online interview from Jp morgan and know what it is about?

Have you applied to the Graduate Programme ? never heard of any online interview from JP
Just out of interest has anyone heard anything after Barclays business insight 2?
Original post by sleepinglions
UBS telephone interview!
This Thursday :redface:

(Operations, Grad role)

Congrats. What date did you apply on?
Original post by Saskia1694
Just out of interest has anyone heard anything after Barclays business insight 2?

Just did it lol
Original post by thebadboy761
Just did it lol

How did you find it?
Original post by Saskia1694
How did you find it?

Well, I legitimately did not expect it to be like that. I applied to legal and compliance.

For the first part, I got bombarded with risk management questions which aren't even relevant to the job imo. The pdf was also worded weirdly so it was hard to understand what they wanted to you to calculate.

The second part was okay I guess. The essay was unexpected? I thought you had to red-line the draft but apparently all you had to do was to respond to the email?

Overall, interesting application. Truly CV blind and it does make you like Barclays more.
Original post by B-Stacks
Congrats. What date did you apply on?

29th August, completed my tests on the 4th September :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone had a telephone interview with UBS and heard back? If so, how long after it did you get a response? I got told 2 weeks on the phone?

Going to sit the dreaded Barclays insight stage 2 this eve, keep me in your thoughts :lol:
Anyone had a telephone interview with UBS and heard back? If so, how long after it did you get a response? I got told 2 weeks on the phone?

Going to sit the dreaded Barclays insight stage 2 this eve, keep me in your thoughts :lol:

Well at least you know what to expect!

When I took it, I couldn't find anyone else who had done it on here. There I was, so ready with my preparation about strengths and weaknesses. Not sure what was worse, Barclays or BNP. *
For all your guys trying to get in to baking, this banking overview might be some help:

http://advice.milkround.com/sector/banking

Good luck on applications guys!
Original post by josh_v
Well at least you know what to expect!

When I took it, I couldn't find anyone else who had done it on here. There I was, so ready with my preparation about strengths and weaknesses. Not sure what was worse, Barclays or BNP. *

I'm sure you did better than you think! :smile: I thought the 1st stage was awful and dint hear back instantly so gave up with hope on it, but the unexpected definitely happened haha.

Good luck with your applications! :')
I'm sure you did better than you think! :smile: I thought the 1st stage was awful and dint hear back instantly so gave up with hope on it, but the unexpected definitely happened haha.

Good luck with your applications! :')

Most of my time was filled up with "uh....uh...ummm....umm...uh...so..." and then in the replying to the email question, I just couldn't work out where or how I was supposed to type. At least 50% of my time was used up before I worked it out.**It can't be any worse than a rejection, which is what I'm expecting. (well, i suppose they could go to the extra effort to let me know just how bad it was, but that would be cruel).

*RBS phone interview tomorrow anyway as well as PwC AC and final round BDO coming up, so its not all doom and gloom.
Is it just me or the majority of employers have streamlined the application forms a lot.. Not a lot of open ended questions and some don't even require cover letters (no option to upload one either).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pwc assessment centre (assurance)
RBS (asset management) telephone interview
Barclays (compliance) online interview
Deutsche asset management and corporate finance (passed online test)
EY completed tests for corporate finance
Deloitte rejection corporate finance
Standard chartered rejected after tests ibd
GS submitted
Morgan Stanley done tests
Jp Morgan submitted

Background
First in BA Economics and Finance from keele
Pass in MSc Accounting and Finance from LSE (4 marks off merit)
1 year internship at KPMG corporate finance

Think I'm gonna get rejected from everywhere but PWC. Took a huge loan to go LSE all for nothing it seems
Original post by i have no name
Think I'm gonna get rejected from everywhere but PWC. Took a huge loan to go LSE all for nothing it seems

We are in a similar position. I got pass in MSc Financial Risk Management at UCL. Currently at PwC AC, RBS phone interview, BDO AC. Still with a lot of companies to get back to me. Rejections including Deloitte without even invite to do tests etc, EY, RSM without even doing tests, Deutsche rejection where they made a mistake and ignored my argument once I told them.*

Its tough to secure anything at all. Theres a lot of good candidates. How come you didn't continue at KPMG?*
Original post by josh_v
We are in a similar position. I got pass in MSc Financial Risk Management at UCL. Currently at PwC AC, RBS phone interview, BDO AC. Still with a lot of companies to get back to me. Rejections including Deloitte without even invite to do tests etc, EY, RSM without even doing tests, Deutsche rejection where they made a mistake and ignored my argument once I told them.*

Its tough to secure anything at all. Theres a lot of good candidates. How come you didn't continue at KPMG?*

What was db's mistake? I'm not looking forward to pwc if I'm honest as it's assurance. *Going to apply to the other of top 10 firms soon. *What was EY's reason?*

I didn't like KPMG'S atmosphere and culture plus my internship was abroad for one year.
This is just bad *as graduating in the financial *crisis opportunity wise if not worse
What was db's mistake? I'm not looking forward to pwc if I'm honest as it's assurance. *Going to apply to the other of top 10 firms soon. *What was EY's reason?*

I didn't like KPMG'S atmosphere and culture plus my internship was abroad for one year.
This is just bad *as graduating in the financial *crisis opportunity wise if not worse

Deutsche said I didn't graduate between July 2016 and July 2017. My qualification was awarded in November 2015 by which point it was kind of late to start applications, and given that you can only apply once every 12 months, didn't seem worth it. However, my actual graduation event was July 2016. So it could have been argued either way. But they weren't even interested in listening to me and refused to engage over the phone and ignored my emails.*

EY I sat the tests and didn't get through. Perhaps too slow. I also don't have A-Levels and have all C's at GCSE from 2005 (which seemed to be the reason Deloitte rejected me)*
Reply 559

Deutsche asset management and corporate finance (passed online test)

I thought you could only applied to one program at DB? Otherwise I think it's positive with AC coming up. You didn't apply to boutiques?

Quick Reply

Latest