The Student Room Group

PAYMENT

i was due my payment on the 26t sep and still havent had it just wondering why not
I am guessing you are talking about student finance? It can take a few days to get your first payment after your university has confirmed your attendance.
Reply 2
Original post by jakethenixon
i was due my payment on the 26t sep and still havent had it just wondering why not

Ask your uni whether it has completed all of the SF notification processes. If they have sent SF all the necessary student info, it should take around three working days for SF to release your funds and for them to arrive in your bank account. If the uni informed SF on or prior to the 26th, I'd expect your money to be in your account by the end of this week. If you haven't had it by tomorrow, give SF a call to check progress.
Original post by rmhumphries
I am guessing you are talking about student finance? It can take a few days to get your first payment after your university has confirmed your attendance.

Incorrect advice.

COR and COA are two seperate things.

To release payments to the student Confirmation of Registration is needed not Confirmation Of Attendance.
On the student finance systems and the university system, the university needs to send confirmation of registration to release the ML/MG etc

COA is for tuition fees to be paid for

plus students can get paid before attending their course, it all depends on the university, some confirm it really early
Reply 4
Original post by murpo
Incorrect advice.

COR and COA are two seperate things.

To release payments to the student Confirmation of Registration is needed not Confirmation Of Attendance.
On the student finance systems and the university system, the university needs to send confirmation of registration to release the ML/MG etc

COA is for tuition fees to be paid for

plus students can get paid before attending their course, it all depends on the university, some confirm it really early

We have recently had an official SF rep in the TSR 'Ask Student Finance' section, categorically state that SF payment for first years are directly linked to their course start date, and that they cannot be paid before that date regardless of what online process they complete over the summer. Is it possible that you are thinking of returning second/third/fourth year students?

Had you considered joining that SF team?

And for the record, students never see COA/COR processes. They just want to know when to expect payment. It doesn't really matter what the behind-the-scenes processes are called or how they operate. We just need to accept that the uni has to communicate with SF in order to trigger payments, and the timeliness of that communication is key to getting paid.
Original post by Klix88
We have recently had an official SF rep in the TSR 'Ask Student Finance' section, categorically state that SF payment for first years are directly linked to their course start date, and that they cannot be paid before that date regardless of what online process they complete over the summer. Is it possible that you are thinking of returning second/third/fourth year students?

Had you considered joining that SF team?

And for the record, students never see COA/COR processes. They just want to know when to expect payment. It doesn't really matter what the behind-the-scenes processes are called or how they operate. We just need to accept that the uni has to communicate with SF in order to trigger payments, and the timeliness of that communication is key to getting paid.

I consider joining no teams, I'm not official and don't claim to be. I just like helping people in my own time to be honest.

I know students can't see COA/COR but if the a student phones up and asks student finance why they have not been paid the answer will be because the university has not confirmed registration and then the student would get advised to check with their university on that, because universities do the COR at different times and they all have their own way of doing things which is why some students get paid early and some get paid late

and here is an official sfe rep stating that it is confirmation of registration to release payments
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4341736

I have never said the date is not linked to their start date by the way, just some students it sometimes isn't for whatever reason and some students can get paid before they attend even if it's not common
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply