The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Pennine House 2016 entry.

Hi everyone,

I've put a deposit down for Pennine house for a studio as I don't fancy living with flat mates and I like my own space (I'm a first year by the way). Just wanted to see if I could meet anyone on here before I move in. By the way, I am aware of the bad reviews, but I have been told it is undergoing new management and new maintenance so it should be decent when I move in.
Reply 1
Original post by Fifitheflower
Hi everyone,

I've put a deposit down for Pennine house for a studio as I don't fancy living with flat mates and I like my own space (I'm a first year by the way). Just wanted to see if I could meet anyone on here before I move in. By the way, I am aware of the bad reviews, but I have been told it is undergoing new management and new maintenance so it should be decent when I move in.

Hi did you get there and do you like it? Im currently looking for a room there. Was offered a space on leodice but i didnt want flatmates either
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Rylls
Hi did you get there and do you like it? Im currently looking for a room there. Was offered a space on leodice but i didnt want flatmates either

Hi there, I did get here and overall I am happy with my flat ! There is still however construction going on outside and some issues with rubbish waste as there aren't enough bins outside. Also, it isn't the most social and can get a little lonely if you don't enjoy your own company because no one really speaks to each other as everyone is in their 2/3/4/postgrad years, and most of them are international students (middle eastern,Chinese) and seem to prefer to keep to themselves. But overall I'm happy :smile:
Reply 3
Hi..i actually am not in the uk yet..leaving today to arrive tomorrow but have not been able to contaact the person in charge at penine. The guy at livity is very reaponsive but i guess he cannot do anything unless he gets to them...do you know if any rooms are available? Is there someone that you can ask for me? And just in case...what is the downpayment?
Original post by Rylls
Hi..i actually am not in the uk yet..leaving today to arrive tomorrow but have not been able to contaact the person in charge at penine. The guy at livity is very reaponsive but i guess he cannot do anything unless he gets to them...do you know if any rooms are available? Is there someone that you can ask for me? And just in case...what is the downpayment?

If you have a look on the collegiate AC page for Pennine house Leeds it should say if any are available :smile: you need to put down a 250£ deposit and also if you don't have a uk based guarantor you will need to pay the full year up front x one other issue is management, they are not the most organized and can sometimes be hard to get in contact with
Reply 5
I realise ...ive been trying to calll sigh. I am on a scholarship but my funds wont be readily available to pay upfront until next week. Im at the airport now..i feel so lost but hopw something works out i gave my sponsors their information
Original post by Rylls
I realise ...ive been trying to calll sigh. I am on a scholarship but my funds wont be readily available to pay upfront until next week. Im at the airport now..i feel so lost but hopw something works out i gave my sponsors their information

Wow really?! Where are you from ? If your funds won't be ready until next week you will probably have to stay in a hotel. Don't worry about arriving at Leeds, the airport is tiny !
Reply 7
I just got in to london l. Im from montserrat in the caribbean. What about you?
Original post by Rylls
I just got in to london l. Im from montserrat in the caribbean. What about you?

Oh awesome! I'm from Spain :smile: have you arrived in Leeds?
Reply 9
Yes im in leeds now. Staying at travel lodge for the time being I passed to look for the place earlier but i didnt see it i saw the construction you spoke ok though!
Original post by Rylls
Yes im in leeds now. Staying at travel lodge for the time being I passed to look for the place earlier but i didnt see it i saw the construction you spoke ok though!

If you walk down the street where the road is under construction you'll see the main entrance. Reception is open Monday to Friday 9/5 :smile:
Reply 11
I was just there! Lol will try to sort on monday. Going to grab a few tops to wear now im cold!!

Quick Reply

Latest