UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6180
I got 737 band 3.
VR - 630
AR - 680
QR - 900
SJT - Band 3
i got 636 on the ukcat not really happy with it but...
i am also predicted AAA with a good personal statement, where is best for me to apply with the most chance of getting an interview at for Medicine?
So I sat the UKCAT today, 620 average band 1 Sj. Not really happy, I think my ideas of going to Glasgow this year have went up in smoke! Still, good luck to all still to sit :smile: watch out for VR

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kittylorelli
So I sat the UKCAT today, 620 average band 1 Sj. Not really happy, I think my ideas of going to Glasgow this year have went up in smoke! Still, good luck to all still to sit :smile: watch out for VR

Posted from TSR Mobile

how did you do in the mocks for VR?
Mocks on Medify: 650 VR 550QR 650AR, (can't recall sjt)

Actual test: 540VR 650QR and 670AR

Although I wasn't shocked at the VR in the exam, the time seemed to be a lot quicker so I realised I wasn't doing as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mocks on Medify: 650 VR 550QR 650AR, (can't recall sjt)

Actual test: 540VR 650QR and 670AR

Although I wasn't shocked at the VR in the exam, the time seemed to be a lot quicker so I realised I wasn't doing as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah i see did you do any of the official mocks? I just did mock b and scored 722 in VR so i was quite surprised... let me hope it will be the same in the real exam.
Original post by SargentZenj2
I got 737 band 3.
VR - 630
AR - 680
QR - 900
SJT - Band 3

woooooooow to your QR.
very well done.
Hi guys, just did my UKCAT test... got 670 in VR, 830 in QR, 580 in AR, but band 3 in SJ...
I'm not that familiar with ukcat scores, how do you guys think I did? Hoping to apply for medicine at Sheffield Manchester Nottingham and Leicester.
Cheers!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lostperson
ah i see did you do any of the official mocks? I just did mock b and scored 722 in VR so i was quite surprised... let me hope it will be the same in the real exam.

I cant recall my mock on the UKCAT official website; I only did one. but they were not very flush scores. What I will say is that the VR on UKCAT is a better represtation in terms of text size than Medify.
Reply 6189
Just did my UKCAT. I got 640 (VR), 710 (QR) and 630 (AR) so 660 average with Band 2. I felt like the QR was easier than the UKCAT official mocks. AR and VR were similar to UKCAT official mocks. Good luck to everyone else who is yet to do it!!
Hey guys,

Just got 643 in my ukcat which I'm not overly happy about, I'm aware this is the current average.
I'm going to be applying to Scottish university's I got 5As at higher and have 4 predicted As for s6. Was wondering if it's still worth applying and if so which university's would I have a chance?
I cant recall my mock on the UKCAT official website; I only did one. but they were not very flush scores. What I will say is that the VR on UKCAT is a better represtation in terms of text size than Medify.

awesome..thank u x
Hey guys I just did my ukcat today.
VR 580
QR 780
AR 590
Band 2
Its really not that great and I'm a bit upset even thought I got a 650 average which was much better than my score last yr ( I'm taking a gap year).
My a-levels were A*A*A
Can u please help me with uni choices? Dont think I can apply to Plymouth but is Exeter worth a try?
Please help. Do most unis look at the average or the full breakdown?
I was thinking of applying to Sheffield and Cardiff.
Many thanks
Just did my UKCAT

VR-590 (The computer froze numerous times throughout this section and now Pearson are investigating it so no idea what happens next)
QR- 680
AR- 600

623 average

Devastated, I can still apply for Keele which I'm glad about but I really don't know where else to apply anymore
Original post by Boredomstrikes
Just did my UKCAT

VR-590 (The computer froze numerous times throughout this section and now Pearson are investigating it so no idea what happens next)
QR- 680
AR- 600

623 average

Devastated, I can still apply for Keele which I'm glad about but I really don't know where else to apply anymore

What are your gcses and predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Orangeflower6
What are your gcses and predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

3A*s 4As 3Bs 1C (I went to a school where 40% of students got 5A*-C)
AS- AAAB (Bio, Chem, History,dropped Maths)
I don't know my predictions are yet.
Original post by Can't think name
Hey guys I just did my ukcat today.
VR 580
QR 780
AR 590
Band 2
Its really not that great and I'm a bit upset even thought I got a 650 average which was much better than my score last yr ( I'm taking a gap year).
My a-levels were A*A*A
Can u please help me with uni choices? Dont think I can apply to Plymouth but is Exeter worth a try?
Please help. Do most unis look at the average or the full breakdown?
I was thinking of applying to Sheffield and Cardiff.
Many thanks

you must apply to QUB- **
Original post by Boredomstrikes
3A*s 4As 3Bs 1C (I went to a school where 40% of students got 5A*-C)
AS- AAAB (Bio, Chem, History,dropped Maths)
I don't know my predictions are yet.

Why don't you try UEA, Liverpool? You would be good here. Maybe look into Hull-york but you could be a bit too weak there. Keele also seems wise. Bristol will be good if your personal statement is excellent, it makes up 70% of your application. Finally, if you are predicted 2, but preferably 3, A* then Exeter. Unfortunately I cant think of any other choices other than BMAT after you have looked into these unis.
Anybody know how ruthless different unis will be if you get a band 3 in SJ?
Which unis regard it as higher and which unis won't mind if you have band3?
As I said, looking at Sheffield Manchester Nottingham Leicester.
Will any of these disregard me because I got band 3 in SJ even tho I got 693 on average?
Original post by Ali__X
Anybody know how ruthless different unis will be if you get a band 3 in SJ?
Which unis regard it as higher and which unis won't mind if you have band3?
As I said, looking at Sheffield Manchester Nottingham Leicester.
Will any of these disregard me because I got band 3 in SJ even tho I got 693 on average?

I got the same! I really would like to know too. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending