The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ra1500
i agree, theyve added concepts from alevel material and the grade boundaries are supposed to be significantly higher

Yes, you're right- I am sure you will still do really well!:wink: Best of luck!x:biggrin:
Original post by MrMackyTv
Yes! Two people who do Edexcel ICT. How are you lot finding the Animal Shelter CAB?

I need help on the animal shelter
for activity 3 - video advert do you NEED a voice over at all because I would prefer it without. My teacher says I do but he is guessing.
Is it a requirement to have a voice over in the video advert.
Original post by harrxful
I need help on the animal shelter
for activity 3 - video advert do you NEED a voice over at all because I would prefer it without. My teacher says I do but he is guessing.
Is it a requirement to have a voice over in the video advert.

Having a voice over is a requirement. If you don't want to do it tell the teacher to do it. That's what we did for some students. What grade are you currently working on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone done english literature paper 2 pixl exam? Please help.
I am doing power and conflict and animal farm.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sunshine774
Well good luck for all you yr 11's hoping for nice exams and low grade boundaries; the exam boards will always try and screw you over, and I think the grade boundaries are unpredictable as you guys are doing the new spec. Work hard though and I am sure you will achieve great things!:h:

Yeah Physics proved that aha. Thanks alot!
Original post by charlieg617
Yeah Physics proved that aha. Thanks alot!

What do you mean "physics proved that"? What exam board?
Original post by Itsemziexoxo
The controlled assessment for sciences is a bit frustrating

We are supposed to be starting our physics one but because I do triple science it won't count as its unit 1 so I'll have to do my physics controlled assessment after mocks in like January/ Febuary which I'm scared is a bit too late I mean I should be getting into revisionand things then not still doing coursework

I'm pretty sure it'd count, regardless of whether it's Core, Additional or Further Additional/Extension.
Reply 747
How different is it from the old spec?:smile:

Theres different topics that are more complicated
Is anyone here doing OCR 21st Century science? I'm writing my revision notes at the moment from a cgp revision guide but was wondering if it is worth buying a textbook instead?
Original post by buzzyambee
Is anyone here doing OCR 21st Century science? I'm writing my revision notes at the moment from a cgp revision guide but was wondering if it is worth buying a textbook instead?

Yepp I am..we all use the cgp book :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am :biggrin: however, I don't think it is necessary to buy a textbook since the cgp revision guides cover pretty much all you need to know. Do make sure you make notes on the pages at the start too (labelled 'ideas about science')
Original post by tasha_tah
Yepp I am..we all use the cgp book :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh good :smile:

Original post by patriciaanne
I am :biggrin: however, I don't think it is necessary to buy a textbook since the cgp revision guides cover pretty much all you need to know. Do make sure you make notes on the pages at the start too (labelled 'ideas about science':wink:

I don't usually tend to tbh... Is it really necessary?

(welcome to the 21st cent club wooo there was like one other person when I was on the year 10 thread xD)
Oh good :smile:

I don't usually tend to tbh... Is it really necessary?

(welcome to the 21st cent club wooo there was like one other person when I was on the year 10 thread xD)

I would say it is -yes! The papers almost always have questions within the topics asking about things like how to make the results more reliable. You'll find all this info on the first few pages of the cgp revision guides :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by patriciaanne
I would say it is -yes! The papers almost always have questions within the topics asking about things like how to make the results more reliable. You'll find all this info on the first few pages of the cgp revision guides 🙃

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wish I was in Y11 so much :frown:

Enjoy it while it lasts!

No, the cgp book is much better than a textbook!:smile: You can, however complement your cgp book by using videos from youtube and doing lots of past papers!:biggrin: Printing off the specification might also be useful...
Original post by jamestg

Enjoy it while it lasts!

What year are you in?:smile:
I miss yr 11 too!:frown: It was really good...
What year are you in?:smile:
I miss yr 11 too!:frown: It was really good...

Y13 :frown: man it's hard

Which year are you in?
Original post by jamestg

Enjoy it while it lasts!

A part of me wishes I was doing A-level.

Another part of me thinks the other is insane :P
Original post by jamestg
Y13 :frown: man it's hard

Which year are you in?

Yr12- I don't really like it...:frown:

Latest