The Student Room Group

Indian army crosses into Pakistan to attack terrorist targets

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Inzamam99
What's your opinion about the Indians funding terrorism in Balochistan?

Something many of their federal ministers have happily admitted in the past few months and years?

Pakistan funded Khalistani terrorism and also been doing the same in Kashmir for the last 40 years! Funny how when you smuggle millitants into kashmir to coax the young people to presume they want independence and they are freedom fighters but the same situation in Balochistan where you have been butchering them for decades, you call them terrorists?

If India is helping freedom fighters in Baloch then good coz its a retaliation after years of interference by pakistan in India. Remember 1971 and Bangladesh, India has already broken one part of you within 14 days, they are more than capable of helping Balochistan to get what they want similarly but unlike the beggar country like Pakistan we have diplomatic and political limitations as we are a DEMOCRACY not a rouge army run country like yours who have the aid given to them by the US to spend on their Nukes but dont have money to feed their own poor people.
Original post by AlexanderHam
My comment was correct. There is no "genocide" in Kashmir, and the terrorism against Indian security forces is driven by Islamic extremist tendencies. No serious observer of the Kashmiri conflict would dispute that.

There are millions upon millions of Muslims in India. They get along just fine, for the most part. They are not oppressed by dint of being under a non-Islamic government. Why do the Kashmiris so desperately need to be under an Islamic government? It's not like they want to be an independent Kashmiri nation, they want to be under Pakistani rule.

It's quite typical where there are Muslim minorities that their prejudice and bigotry means they feel that "kaffir" are not fit to govern over Muslims, and that Muslims should always be under a government of other Muslims. But somehow, when the opposite is the case (non-Muslims under a Muslim government), the Muslim countries don't feel any need to give them autonomy or independence. If anything, such minorities suffer terribly under the Muslim whip.

No they don't. The vast majority of Kashmiris hold independence as the ideal even on the Pakistani side.

The agitation on the Indian side primarily comes from the deployment of 500,000 Indian troops to the area and the use of extreme force which has left a hundred thousand civilians dead since 1989.

The use of Pellet guns on peaceful protestors leading to the murder and blinding of scores of them has been roundly condemned and criticised around the world not just by Pakistan.

So let me guess- you're against the Kashmiri people determining their own fate?

What's your opinion of the 1984 genocide against the Sikhs of Punjab? Was that also inspired by Islamic extremism?
Reply 22
are they dumb?
Original post by sachinisgod
Pakistan funded Khalistani terrorism and also been doing the same in Kashmir for the last 40 years! Funny how when you smuggle millitants into kashmir to coax the young people to presume they want independence and they are freedom fighters but the same situation in Balochistan where you have been butchering them for decades, you call them terrorists?

If India is helping freedom fighters in Baloch then good coz its a retaliation after years of interference by pakistan in India. Remember 1971 and Bangladesh, India has already broken one part of you within 14 days, they are more than capable of helping Balochistan to get what they want similarly but unlike the beggar country like Pakistan we have diplomatic and political limitations as we are a DEMOCRACY not a rouge army run country like yours who have the aid given to them by the US to spend on their Nukes but dont have money to feed their own poor people.

Yes, yes India is very prosperous. I can tell by the 50% of people who don't have access to toilets and the rate of extreme poverty which dwarves that of any other nation in the subcontinent- both number and percentage wise.

Bangladesh was always going to break away- it was logistically impossible for the country to stay together.

As far as Balochistan goes- we have the issue of missing people there but every mainstream political party including the ones led by relatives of the head of the separatist parties support Pakistan. Plus the vast majority of the population of the province is Pashtun not Baloch.

Better to concentrate on your problems rather than trying to justify mass murder in Kashmir by what Pakistan does.

Wisely said Sachin bhai

lol ok
Yes, yes India is very prosperous. I can tell by the 50% of people who don't have access to toilets and the rate of extreme poverty which dwarves that of any other nation in the subcontinent- both number and percentage wise.

Bangladesh was always going to break away- it was logistically impossible for the country to stay together.

As far as Balochistan goes- we have the issue of missing people there but every mainstream political party including the ones led by relatives of the head of the separatist parties support Pakistan. Plus the vast majority of the population of the province is Pashtun not Baloch.

Better to concentrate on your problems rather than trying to justify mass murder in Kashmir by what Pakistan does.[
]

Well considering the fact that 40 million people in Pakistan have no access to toilets and more than 50% of the people of Pakistan live in absolute poverty (according to the world bank) as compared to India's 21%
Percentage of People living in poverty in 1980 in India- 60%
In 2011- 21%

Pakistan
1980- well above 60%
Today - 50%
Source- World Bank
I agree that India has a long way to go but look at where we were and where we are now and then look at your country. We realise our problems and we are working hard to solve them but you will keep on being in denial of your own condition sadly. We are are a secular democracy where as Pakistan is a islamic fake democracy (military rule).
Dont get me started on how minorities are treated in Pakistan hindus Christians shias ahmediyas. At least India is a secular country unlike islam forcing Pakistan.
And as far as Kashmir is concerned it is very true that not even one Hindu Kashmiri wants a independent/pakistan controlled Jammu and kashmir ( not even Kashmir) the kashmiri hindus( most were kicked out/killed by islamic pakistan supported militants)have always wanted to be with India. Its the muslims who want to be with Pakistan but most now realise the economic benefit associated with India ( Fastest growing major economy in the world 3rd largest in PPE and 11th in Nominal terms)that they cannot have with politically, economically and institutionally screwed up Pakistan/independently. They also get reservations in universities and government jobs. So most people now want to be with India and are tired of war. Kashmiris realise that there cannot be a independent Jammu and Kashmir. And let me point out the fact that if Pakistan had not attacked Jammu and Kashmir in 1947-8 then it would have been independent anyway. Then then maharaja was reluctant to accede to India and wanted to remain independent it was only when pak attacked that he had to sign the treaty of accession to India so that India could protect J&K.
And to say that This operation was carried out to raise public support internally/domestically would be naive as there is already overwhelming support for the Government if it wants to act and people already have faith in the Indian militaries capabilities ( Source- History- 1947-1965-1971-1999 none of which pakistan has won)
I would also like to point out the fact that India has 3 million active standing army(3rd largest) as compaired to Pakistan's 5 hundred thousand (as you point out that is the number of indian army service men stationed in the state of Jammu and Kashmir alone) and India has a defence bidget of 52 billion dollars (6th largest excluding the budget of paramilitary/military police/crpf) as compaired to Pakistans 7.9 billion dollar budget around 900 million of which is provided by US foreign aid that is directed towards terrorist groups by ISI.. We have a larger and better air force as as well as a larger and better armed navy which includes 2 aircraft carriers ( INS vikramditya, INS viraat) while you have none. So i think there is no reason to doubt the armed forces capabilities you should look at your countries economy. BSE karachi (Pakistans stock market) fell 500 points today when the news of this operation went viral in Indian media).
Source- i have lived all over Jammu and Kashmir( talking about the Indian administered of coarse) and have lost about 50% of my extended family members and grandfather ( all served in the Indian Military)to this so called 'Independence' movement or Jihad so i think that i am qualified enough to answer.
Edit- No not even one single union/Central minister has openly said that India funds Baloch speratists

Lmao get your facts right . I suggest u do some research.
(edited 7 years ago)
Some more updates- an Indian soldier was captured and 14 killed today.
Idunno99

Well considering the fact that 40 million people in Pakistan have no access to toilets and more than 50% of the people of Pakistan live in absolute poverty (according to the world bank) as compared to India's 21%
Percentage of People living in poverty in 1980 in India- 60%
In 2011- 21%

Pakistan
1980- well above 60%
Today - 50%
Source- World Bank
I agree that India has a long way to go but look at where we were and where we are now and then look at your country. We realise our problems and we are working hard to solve them but you will keep on being in denial of your own condition sadly. We are are a secular democracy where as Pakistan is a islamic fake democracy (military rule).
Dont get me started on how minorities are treated in Pakistan hindus Christians shias ahmediyas. At least India is a secular country unlike islam forcing Pakistan.
And as far as Kashmir is concerned it is very true that not even one Hindu Kashmiri wants a independent/pakistan controlled Jammu and kashmir ( not even Kashmir) the kashmiri hindus( most were kicked out/killed by islamic pakistan supported militants)have always wanted to be with India. Its the muslims who want to be with Pakistan but most now realise the economic benefit associated with India ( Fastest growing major economy in the world 3rd largest in PPE and 11th in Nominal terms)that they cannot have with politically, economically and institutionally screwed up Pakistan/independently. They also get reservations in universities and government jobs. So most people now want to be with India and are tired of war. Kashmiris realise that there cannot be a independent Jammu and Kashmir. And let me point out the fact that if Pakistan had not attacked Jammu and Kashmir in 1947-8 then it would have been independent anyway. Then then maharaja was reluctant to accede to India and wanted to remain independent it was only when pak attacked that he had to sign the treaty of accession to India so that India could protect J&K.
And to say that This operation was carried out to raise public support internally/domestically would be naive as there is already overwhelming support for the Government if it wants to act and people already have faith in the Indian militaries capabilities ( Source- History- 1947-1965-1971-1999 none of which pakistan has won)
I would also like to point out the fact that India has 3 million active standing army(3rd largest) as compaired to Pakistan's 5 hundred thousand (as you point out that is the number of indian army service men stationed in the state of Jammu and Kashmir alone) and India has a defence bidget of 52 billion dollars (6th largest excluding the budget of paramilitary/military police/crpf) as compaired to Pakistans 7.9 billion dollar budget around 900 million of which is provided by US foreign aid that is directed towards terrorist groups by ISI.. We have a larger and better air force as as well as a larger and better armed navy which includes 2 aircraft carriers ( INS vikramditya, INS viraat) while you have none. So i think there is no reason to doubt the armed forces capabilities you should look at your countries economy. BSE karachi (Pakistans stock market) fell 500 points today when the news of this operation went viral in Indian media).
Source- i have lived all over Jammu and Kashmir( talking about the Indian administered of coarse) and have lost about 50% of my extended family members and grandfather ( all served in the Indian Military)to this so called 'Independence' movement or Jihad so i think that i am qualified enough to answer.
Edit- No not even one single union/Central minister has openly said that India funds Baloch speratists

Lmao get your facts right . I suggest u do some research.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/8867353/Indian-poverty-levels-higher-than-Pakistans-says-UN-report.html

"The Human Development Report reveals that while India ranks slightly above Pakistan in its level of 'human development' based on life expectancy, schooling and per capita income its wider poverty level is worse than Pakistan's.

In absolute terms, 41.6 per cent of India's 1.1 billion people earned less than 78 pence per day compared with 22.6 per cent of Pakistan's 173 million.
The report quotes its 'multi-dimensional poverty index' which includes measures of schooling, child mortality, nutrition, access to electricity, toilets, drinking water, and hygienic living conditions, and reveals India is poorer.

It found 53.7 per cent of Indians suffering from this broader kind of poverty, compared with 49 per cent of Pakistanis.

More surprisingly, India is ranked below Pakistan and Bangladesh on gender equality which reflects maternal death rates, teenage pregnancies, access to education, and the number of women parliamentarians and in the workplace."

It's OK, I hardly expect people like you to make much sense.

If you would like the sources for my Balochistan comment, please let me know. I think you've been embarrassed enough for now.

A better approach next time would be to do some research and not make up figures.
Original post by Lord Samosa
Delusional Indians on here thinking everything India does is justified and righteous :rolleyes:

Lol 14 of their "special forces" killed and 1 captured in a single day. That must be embarrassing.
Some more updates- an Indian soldier was captured and 14 killed today.

Hate to break it to you but thats not true at all
Believe whatever you want to keep your ego intact
Original post by Idunno99
Hate to break it to you but thats not true at all
Believe whatever you want to keep your ego intact

I'll await your reply to my other post
Absolutely agree!

And I am sure you will also agree that all people have the right to self determination be that the Baloch in Pakistan or the Kashmiris in India?
Original post by Mathemagicien
There are many non-Indians on here supporting India's actions, myself included.

nobody cares who you support m8 :lol:
Original post by Idunno99
Well that could apply to you aswell :rolleyes: ..

How? I recognise Pakistan and India both do harmful ****
#AsianProblems
#WhyamIusingahashtagthisisn'ttwitterdamnit
Well there you go, many of the Indians here seem to think it's a competition between them and Pakistan of who can commit the most human right abuses.
To all the pakistani media channels denying that this ever happened... if US can fly in 3 choppers to Abottabad which is 100s of kms inside Pakistan and fly out after killing Bin Laden and the PAF never even realised ( an embarrassment which i may add), the Indian strike was only 500m- 2km on the other side of the LOC. Im sure as the 4th largest army in the world we have that much capability :colone:
Reply 38
Rightly so. These terrorists should be exterminated. It's been too long that these cockroaches have been terrorising millions of people and taking part in crossborder insurgency.

If the terrorist supporting government of pakistan won't do it then we'll have to take things into our own hands.

Thank you Modi.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/8867353/Indian-poverty-levels-higher-than-Pakistans-says-UN-report.html

"The Human Development Report reveals that while India ranks slightly above Pakistan in its level of 'human development' based on life expectancy, schooling and per capita income its wider poverty level is worse than Pakistan's.

In absolute terms, 41.6 per cent of India's 1.1 billion people earned less than 78 pence per day compared with 22.6 per cent of Pakistan's 173 million.
The report quotes its 'multi-dimensional poverty index' which includes measures of schooling, child mortality, nutrition, access to electricity, toilets, drinking water, and hygienic living conditions, and reveals India is poorer.

It found 53.7 per cent of Indians suffering from this broader kind of poverty, compared with 49 per cent of Pakistanis.

More surprisingly, India is ranked below Pakistan and Bangladesh on gender equality which reflects maternal death rates, teenage pregnancies, access to education, and the number of women parliamentarians and in the workplace."

It's OK, I hardly expect people like you to make much sense.

If you would like the sources for my Balochistan comment, please let me know. I think you've been embarrassed enough for now.

A better approach next time would be to do some research and not make up figures.

Make up figures? Waaat? Seriously? Whatever i stated is a fact
Deny deny deny is that all you're going to do forever? Thats what you did in kargil and thats what your doing right now. You denied that the Northern infantry soldiers were yours and disowned their dead bodies and called them kashmiri freedom fighters, we buried them according to islam and gave them all burial rights.
I would advice you to google the poverty rate in India and then Pakistan and then reply. Also the defence budgets and armed forces capabilities. The fact that there are more muslims in India proves the fact that Pakistan has been a failed concept since day one. Since 14th August 1947.
Most muslims decided not to leave India and its a fact that Jinnah's grandson lives in India and he realises that his grandfathers decision was horrible.
Its did not surprise me that Osama bin laden was found 500 metres next to a Pakistani army compound and Pakistani ISI's cosy relationship with the Haqqani network
Do you know who is the largest investor in the UK? Yup its an Indian firm called Bharti Mittal and Tata Group( They own Jaguar &Jaguar Landover) is quite close to it.
Unfortunately pakistan has failed to produce any Ambanis , Tatas, Mittals, Godrej, Premji, Birla and the list goes on. There is not a single Pakistani on the Forbes top 100 richest persons in the world list while there are so many Indian. It is true that while India exports IT, pakistan exports terrorism ( Do you know who is the CEO of Microsoft? Satya Nadela an Indian yes that's right and who is the CEO of Google ? Sundar Pichai again an Indian i bet you didnt know that and it must have been a shocker lol)
You realise that it is no secret that the education system in Pakistan has never been in a good situation ever. We have higher ranked and a very large number of universities here as compared to pakistan.
It is also to be noted that the Pakistani media is censored and controlled heavily by the Military and maybe to some extent by the government aswell (It does not matter the government has no power anyways.They are puppets of Raheel Sharif and other army generals ) while the Indian media is totally controlled by corporates and not at all by the government, you cant deny it. So who would be more biased? Isnt it obvious?
Almost all member countries of the SAARC have decided to boycott the summit because of Pakistans support for terrorism amd all countries have issued statement. Countries like Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan etc
Look it up if you dont believe me.

.Please realise that there is no Good or bad terrorism. Terrorism is terrorism
Note- i have no ill feelings against the average or common pakistani. It is the institution of governance and the military that i am against. Most of us Indians are not against the average pakistani joe it is the military we are against. I would love to see a prosperous (Democratic)Pakistan , it would be in our best interest as we would have lesser issues of terrorism and wars. You have not lost someone close to you in these useless wars or pak sponsored terrorism so you definitely have no idea. We've had to fight with you( we have never wanted to)And wars are not in the interest of any country, war does not solve anything , nor is backing terrorism going to solve anything. But if you do then we have to do something about it obviously and thats what we are doing right now by giving the baloch separatist Bugti asylum in India. But no credible minister has said what you claim sure you are free to throw all sorts of sources at me.

Also realise how contradictory your civilian governments and militaries statements were today. The military first straight out denied it but now they have changed their claim.

200-300 million people can not mess with 1.3 billion people. You realise it right?

Anyways i pity you and sorry if your ego has been severely hurt. Its alright your used it( You remember 71 right?) and we are used to listening to your retarded rhetoric from retarded people like you so idc.
Good night!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending